View Full Version : NFL Network???

nightfighter
11-29-2007, 05:45 PM
What's the deal with this? GB at Dallas tonight. Indy game Thanksgiving night. How many other games will be on this network?Can you just subscribe like a movie, or do you have to sign up on the phone with Comcast? Just heard Dan Shaunessey warn that even though you have NFL network, you might not be geting tonight's game? Like we don't pay enough already for basic......:liquify:greed wins out again....

good2hook
11-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Ross the NFL Network isn't available in Westport. But my buddy in fall river got it today, because he's a die hard Cowboys fan. He told me it was an extra 5.00 a month for the remaining 3... guess where i'll be watching the game...i also heard the last pats game of the year will be on the NFL Network as well...

Clogston29
11-29-2007, 05:58 PM
how many games? - one a week for the rest of the season

now if I don't get the game despite having the channel (comes in a package with speed channel, which is why I have it) i'll be pissed.

good2hook
11-29-2007, 06:10 PM
this is a list of remaining games on the NFL Network

WEEK 12 | THU

Nov. 22

Indianapolis 31, Atlanta 13
(Thanksgiving)
WEEK 13 | THU

Nov. 29, 8 p.m. ET

Green Bay at Dallas
WEEK 14 | THU

Dec. 6, 8 p.m. ET

Chicago at Washington
WEEK 15 | THU

Dec. 13, 8 p.m. ET

Denver at Houston
WEEK 15 | SAT

Dec. 15, 8 p.m. ET

Cincinnati at San Francisco
WEEK 16 | THU

Dec. 20, 8 p.m. ET

Pittsburgh at St. Louis
WEEK 16 | SAT

Dec. 22, 8 p.m. ET

Dallas at Carolina
WEEK 17 | SAT

Dec. 29, 8 p.m. ET

New England at New York

BigFish
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
I heard that because of the possible implications with the Pats in that last game (possible undefeated season) that they will be showing that game primetime on the regular stations.

I am all set with paying to watch football or any other sport! I ain't missing all that much without it!:doh:

Clogston29
11-29-2007, 06:37 PM
BF - it'll be on ch. 5 since its a local game

Bigcat
11-29-2007, 07:04 PM
Comcast has it for 6.99, screw them bastages. I used to get it for free when it was adelphia.:af:
I think I am going to get a dish this summer.

eastendlu
11-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Heard on the news today comming in to work how the NFL network is s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g wind as the games they have showed have only gotten 1/4 of the viewers that normaly watch games on regular channels.Seems viewers hate the way they are telecasting the games and the broadcasters.

zacs
11-29-2007, 07:52 PM
it is part of our regular digital pkg in cox.

from what i understand, NFL network is owned or part owned by the NFL, and they are using this as a powerplay to get all of the cable companies to put the netowork on thier systems. i guess the cable companies have been trying to charge NFLN some big payoff type fees in order to get in thier systems. NFL is saying screw you, we will put the games on, and if you don't have them fans will go where they can get them [satelite]. Unfortunately the fan is stuck in the middle.

So, from what i understand, if fingers are to be pointed, it is at your cable provider.

FWIW, we have had NFLN for some time, and it is truly great if you are a football fan.

thier game broadcasts do suck, though, because of gumble. he is horrible.

fishsmith
11-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Buying extra services suck.
I did buy the 3 months for $15 from comcast, I love football and Green Bay at the Cowboys with both teams at 10 - 1 was to much for me to pass up.
I think NFL network is free on Dish and FIOS, my days with comcast are numbered.

GO GREEN BAY!!

nightfighter
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
At least the Rutgers-Louisville game on ESPN is action packed. 21-3 Rutgers with just over a minute to go in the first quarter.

Bigcat
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Go to NFL.com and click on live companion..Gives you live look ins on the game and analysis..The same ref crew that did the Pats/Indy game is doing this game...Should be some good calls tonight..
Thank's for the tip, that works for me.
So that's were Neon Deon went to:D

Bigcat
11-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Looks like a blowout in the making ?

The Dad Fisherman
11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
What, Collinsworth doesn't balance things out for you??? :hihi:

The worst part of the NFL Network??Bryant Gumbel does the games :sick::yak6: I'd rather listen to a drunk Pat Summerall or drunk Paul McGuire..Gumbel is pathetic..
I'd watch the game in a sports bar before I'd fork out the $$ to those greedy bastards...

-Elmo-
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
i guess the cable companies have been trying to charge NFLN some big payoff type fees in order to get in thier systems.

NFL is saying screw you, we will put the games on, and if you don't have them fans will go where they can get them [satelite]. Unfortunately the fan is stuck in the middle.

So, from what i understand, if fingers are to be pointed, it is at your cable provider.

The blame can be solely placed on the NFL, and the NFL Network NOT your cable company!! The reason the cable company is now charging a fee for the NFLN is so they don't have raise your monthly rates, so they are giving you the option to subscribe to the NFLN for a monthly fee instead of raising everyones rates.

The NFLN is charging the cable companies 0.71 cents PER subscriber for the channel (which if I'm correct is the highest), and since the NFL told the cable companies to basically piss off when they wanted in on the Sunday ticket or something similar, I can't blame them I am glad the cable companies are holding their ground......

zacs
11-30-2007, 09:08 AM
do you work for cox or comcast?

f- that. I am paying over $100/month for cable tv alone. and they are complaining about $.71?:rotf3::rotf3:

good for the NFLN. Finally someone has leverage to stick it to the cable guys that have been screwing us for so long and so shamelessly.

Clammer
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
no problem here>>. standard channel with verizon :; :claps:

-Elmo-
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
do you work for cox or comcast?

f- that. I am paying over $100/month for cable tv alone. and they are complaining about $.71?:rotf3::rotf3:

good for the NFLN. Finally someone has leverage to stick it to the cable guys that have been screwing us for so long and so shamelessly.
I do not work for either, but maybe I should clarify its not just $0.71, its $0.71 PER SUBSCRIBER, so just for arguments sake if your cable company has 11,000,000 subscribers they would have to pay the NFL / NFLN a whopping $7,810,000 just to broadcast the channel.

The cable companies have to pay a fee to every channel they broadcast, but the problem with the NFLN is their fee is more than double then what most other channels charge....