View Full Version : Christmas presents...

Rockfish9
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I made these for a couple of my surf fishing buddies....

A set of 40 Jr. style plugs, they are 5 3/4"(less bill and tail hook) and weigh 2 1/2 ounces , powered by a #2 pikie lip, the plug is eaisily tuned to run on top, or a few feet below the surface, front belly hook is a 3/0 VMC, mid hook is a 2/0 VMC6X hook, both hooks are cut and crimped then siver soldered, I have this belief that, that style plug benifits by close riding hooks , swivels are Kroc SS swivels, tail hook is a 5/0 VMC Siwash...

The darters are slim line 5" that weigh a tad over an ounce, the two belly hook version sport 2/0 6X VMC trebles and a teaser tail, body is WRC... weighted just aft of the front belly hook...These seem to be a hot ticket on sand eels feeding bass...(until next season)

The single belly hook version are Maple bodied,weighing about 1 3/4 ounces,the belly hook is 3/0 and the tail hook is a 5/0 VMC stainless..

Each one fills a niche in my plug bag...

These plugs always seem to be the ones these guy's HO when they visit me at home or meet me to go fishing....Hopefully It will cut down on the Ho'ing..

ProfessorM
11-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice job. Really like the darters

spence
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
So what does it take to become one of your fishing buddies?

-spence

Squid kids Dad
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi Buddy..:hihi:

numbskull
11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Your buddies have good taste in plugs.

Flaptail
11-30-2007, 11:04 PM
I made these for a couple of my surf fishing buddies....

A set of 40 Jr. style plugs, they are 5 3/4"(less bill and tail hook) and weigh 2 1/2 ounces , powered by a #2 pikie lip, the plug is eaisily tuned to run on top, or a few feet below the surface, front belly hook is a 3/0 VMC, mid hook is a 2/0 VMC6X hook, both hooks are cut and crimped then siver soldered, I have this belief that, that style plug benifits by close riding hooks , swivels are Kroc SS swivels, tail hook is a 5/0 VMC Siwash...

The darters are slim line 5" that weigh a tad over an ounce, the two belly hook version sport 2/0 6X VMC trebles and a teaser tail, body is WRC... weighted just aft of the front belly hook...These seem to be a hot ticket on sand eels feeding bass...(until next season)

The single belly hook version are Maple bodied,weighing about 1 3/4 ounces,the belly hook is 3/0 and the tail hook is a 5/0 VMC stainless..

Each one fills a niche in my plug bag...

These plugs always seem to be the ones these guy's HO when they visit me at home or meet me to go fishing....Hopefully It will cut down on the Ho'ing..

The darters are beautiful, nice work!