View Full Version : Thoughts on another Plugfest

Slipknot
11-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Do you guys want to have another Plugfest this winter?
Maybe in Feb. again? :huh:
Any suggestions, help or advice is appreciated.
I thought it was great last year as we get more and more new people to join in and get to see in person what they make.
The trading plugs part is fun, maybe this time I will have more time for that before the plugs disappear.
Do you want to do another contest plug?
any suggestions for entertainment?
Should we just have it at the same place again?

speak up :wave:

Rockfish9
11-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I enjoyed it emensly....I wish I had gotten to know everyone a little better.. ..the contest plugs were fun....

Woodbuster
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
YES!!
Another one for sure!

The Dad Fisherman
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh Yeah, definitely. I had a blast last year.

eastendlu
11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Count me in and as soon as you all decide on the date i'll make arrangements as i want to be up there early this time as i seem to always show up late.
Thanks Bruce.

gldnbear93
11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I made it two years ago but not last year. Wish I had been able to make it. Looking forward to another one this year!

Tagger
11-30-2007, 04:01 PM
I think its the highlite of the winter ,

striperondafly
11-30-2007, 04:11 PM
heck yeah maybe Charleston will ride up with me

stripercrazy
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
great time last year:hee:

Bay Stalker
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I would like to make it this year

ThrowingTimber
11-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Always look forward to it. Let me know how I can help out Slip :musc:

BigFish
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Its the social event of the plug builders season! Its where plug building high society rubs elbows!:bl2:

eastendlu
11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Its the social event of the plug builders season! Its where plug building high society rubs elbows!:bl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:Bring a stool cause i'm too short to rub elbows with you.:laughs:

johnny ducketts
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I missed it last year but would love to attend
:)

Backbeach Jake
11-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Heck yeah! Best part of my Winters. Like Mountainman Rendezvous, but way better. I never see every thing.

Gunpowder
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
if its in mid jan i can make it otherwise back up to school for me :(

vineyardblues
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Slip,
We can also have a post SB party for our Patriots :hihi:
VB

tattoobob
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
If you have it, I will go

great time last year, I also went late and missed mostly everyone

I will bring the twinkies

tattoobob
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
You made out pretty good at last year's Bob :faga: :humpty:

It's a great way to break up the winter...

Yes Indeed, I never forget either.

numbskull
11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I got an idea! Maybe we can get OTW to videotape it this year!!!!

ProfessorM
11-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes. Same time, same place.

Fishpart
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Bruce an damazing idea. If you can put it together, I am sure we can fill the house.

Tagger
11-30-2007, 08:44 PM
I got an idea! Maybe we can get OTW to videotape it this year!!!!

you laugh ... that probably be the best OTW show of the year.. Every person in the room is a lunatic ..

Charleston
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
heck yeah maybe Charleston will ride up with me

I'm in! :)

EricW
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I've been to the last two. One of the best fishing events I attend each year! Great to see what other people are building and to talk plugs. I am not booking anything this winter till I find out what day plugfest is.

I have one suggestion that some others have also brought up in the past. Would name tags be something we could do. Something as simple as a white address label with your S-B or regular name written on it would suffice. I'd be willing to supply them if needed. I never end up meeting everyone I would like to, and thought name tags would simplify things.

tattoobob
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
I like that idea Eric

gone fishin
11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm in!:bgi:

Striperknight
11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Move it to Conn. :kewl:

Flaptail
11-30-2007, 11:03 PM
I am already working on this years design, hope to make it a 3-peat for an award.

Kielbasa, beans and onions anyone?

And VB, don't forget the half sours please.

Slipknot
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
VB, maybe we can have it on the bye weekend and we can celebrate our Patriots 16 and O and have a pre - playoffs party:lurk:

OTW thoughts, don't laugh. I thought maybe we could get them there with a camera and someone to write a nice article about our little plugfest, it might be good for the forum and for the site too. We won't have any :lurk: about filming and free stuff this year please, maybe some other time, unless they want to film it and the plugs.

Name tags is a great idea:soon:

Striperknight, it will be easier to move CT to Mass :uhoh::usd:

OK, we'll do it
and the contest too.
Victor, you can organize the contest :D and work with John and I about the prizes maybe.

I guess having this thing during skiing season it will make it tough for LIfishinVT to mae it, but if you read this John, we'd love for you to be able to head down for it.

January 5th maybe
or February 9th

The Dad Fisherman
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
I'll vote for Feb 9th....celebrate SB 4

Slipknot
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
OOPS not Feb 9th
I just saw the Saltwater Edge show is that day so I don't want a conflict in the schedule.

How does Jan 5th or Feb 16th sound?

stripercrazy
11-30-2007, 11:19 PM
feb 16th....more time to build:hihi:

Slipknot
11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
last year it was feb 17th so maybe we should do Feb 16th this year.

here's the thread from last year
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=38471&highlight=plugfest
Hopefully John can have some shirts for us this time :read:

Finatic
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
If Charleston is in, I'm in too! I only have to drive 1/2 the distance.:walk:

The Dad Fisherman
12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Feb 16th :kewl: works for me

Charleston
12-01-2007, 09:15 AM
If Charleston is in, I'm in too! I only have to drive 1/2 the distance.:walk:

It's a damn lonely drive from Jersey in February. If I have someone to ride with I'd be crazy for not going/ Maybe we can get a Tuna Trolly together from Jersey :hihi:
I've been to every one of the PlugBashs' but have not made it to the Fest! "08 is the year!

EricW
12-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Feb 16 sounds good to me. That would be more time to get stuff together. I was thinking of bringing my display case that I brought last year with some old plugs in it if people would like. I can dig some new stuff out to mix it up some.

eastendlu
12-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Feb 16 sounds good to me. That would be more time to get stuff together. I was thinking of bringing my display case that I brought last year with some old plugs in it if people would like. I can dig some new stuff out to mix it up some.

If Charleston is going to be there put a big lock on that display case or else you are going to lose some plugage to a master plug ho.:angel:

Charleston
12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
If Charleston is going to be there put a big lock on that display case or else you are going to lose some plugage to a master plug ho.:angel:

Come on Lu. I have always spoken highly of you :tm::as:

Jigman
12-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Just a suggestion, move it about 800 miles south so Bernzy and I can attend :hihi: If you asked nicely, I might show you a few of my spots afterwards...

Jigman

PNG
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Mmmmmm PlUgFeSt:drool:

Tagger
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
what ever day works Slip ... I'll quit my job to go . :kewl:

Woodbuster
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
It's a damn lonely drive from Jersey in February. If I have someone to ride with I'd be crazy for not going

Just drive up to CT and I'll be the anchor of the relay team! (I'm faster than you:walk:)
Also name tags would be great!

saltydog
12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
YES, Im going, went last year, will bring plugs, an another contest plug, an FOOD , last year's was GREAT.an some SWAP PLUGS, just in case anyone want one of mine.:eek: if you would like one of theses let me know an Ill hold one for you.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

JohnR
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Feb 16 is good. Just no questions when the "Bride" wants the weekend for :lm:

Do we want to do the same contests this year or something new?

(and I think I'll bring a printer with me for awards as we always have TIES :hihi: )

Slipknot
12-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I think we will have it at the Carver sportsman club this year , thanks MikeCC :cheers:

We should do nametags

Start getting going on your contest plugs, it is open to all.

Bring food and drink, it will be a great time once again I'm sure

PNG
12-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I think we will have it at the Carver sportsman club this year , thanks MikeCC :cheers:

We should do nametags

Good move:jump:

outnumbered
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Missed it last year looking forward to meeting everyone again.

Dad 818
12-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Wasn't here last year. I would love to attend and see others' work and to hopefully get some tips from some of you guys. Where was it last year?

I'll bring something to chow on as well. So February 16th it is?

Finatic
12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
YES, Im going, went last year, will bring plugs, an another contest plug, an FOOD , last year's was GREAT.an some SWAP PLUGS, just in case anyone want one of mine.:eek: if you would like one of theses let me know an Ill hold one for you.
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

Scott, I'm in Line!!:buds:

Diggin Jiggin
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Sounds great, I'll mark it on the calendar !

Rockfish9
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I cant make the 16th:af:

Lower
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm game. Looking forward to it :kewl:!

Slipknot
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Slipknot
12-03-2007, 12:37 PM
See you there Dave and Kris

We will start another thread on this later on about the details.
In the meantime, get cracking on some contest plugs everyone.

Flaptail
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
See you there Dave and Kris

We will start another thread on this later on about the details.
In the meantime, get cracking on some contest plugs everyone.

Numbskull is toast.:smokin::uhuh:

striperondafly
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm in! :)

excellent! we will be there!

mikecc
12-03-2007, 06:37 PM

We should do nametags

Our intension in having it at Carver Sportsmens Club is to have a Buy ,Sell ,Trade ,flea market type thing downstairs and the regular plugfest upstairs.

Link for the club with directions below

http://www.carversportsmen.com/

We talked about this last year and you guys said that you would like to see something like this happen. So Slip and I talked and made it happen. We have a full kitchen, better bathrooms, hardwood floors for clean up :D , more parking bigger building. I also got the building a lot cheaper so we can give more money to S-B to support the site.

ThrowingTimber
12-03-2007, 07:48 PM
By buy sell trade mike you mean folks can bring things to sell lures, old tackle etc?

mikecc
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
By buy sell trade mike you mean folks can bring things to sell lures, old tackle etc?

We have not worked out any specifics yet but that is what we plan.

Rockfish9
12-04-2007, 07:16 AM

I'm back in, did a little arranging of schedules last night...

The Dad Fisherman
12-04-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm back in, did a little arranging of schedules last night...

Excellent :kewl: You didn't have to promise the wife anything crazy did you......Like taking ballroom dancing lessons or a day at the outlet stores

Rockfish9
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Excellent :kewl: You didn't have to promise the wife anything crazy did you......Like taking ballroom dancing lessons or a day at the outlet stores

LMAO... no, actualy the whole thing was to do with me.. but she WAS INVOLVED.... My goal this year is to go home with as many plugs as I arrive with... somehow... I had an empty case that was full when I got there! :confused::biglaugh: I'm working on some nice trade bait right now...:grins:

Woodbuster
12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
... My goal this year is to go home with as many plugs as I arrive with... somehow... I had an empty case that was full when I got there! :confused::biglaugh: I'm working on some nice trade bait right now...:grins:

Rock- Glad you can make it!
I owe you one from last year! Yours is hangin on my tree right now!!

humphrys
12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Always been a great time.

Suggest having a contest with categories:
plugs up to 5"
plugs between 5 and 10"
plugs over 10"

same for swimmers.

novelty plugs

Winner of each group gets to keep all submissions.

Flaptail
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
We have not worked out any specifics yet but that is what we plan.

I don't know.....I see this as a distraction more than a benefit. Plugfest should be about plugs, making them admiring the workmanship and learning both how to and the history thereof.

Keep it a plug based event, a flea market swap could make plugfest end up being a circus instead.

Flaptail
12-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Always been a great time.

Suggest having a contest with categories:
plugs up to 5"
plugs between 5 and 10"
plugs over 10"

same for swimmers.

novelty plugs

Winner of each group gets to keep all submissions.

Keep it as it has been the last two years and the club facility is outstanding, it will be great there.

MAC
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know.....I see this as a distraction more than a benefit. Plugfest should be about plugs, making them admiring the workmanship and learning both how to and the history thereof.

Keep it a plug based event, a flea market swap could make plugfest end up being a circus instead.

That is where having 2 floors will help keep things seperated.

BigFish
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
You will be drawing alot of folks who do not build plugs just looking to buy......it could get out of hand! Just my .02 cents....carry on! I will be there either way!:btu:

Flaptail
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
That is where having 2 floors will help keep things seperated.

I understand the seperate floors but still don't like the idea. Too many things and people to keep track of. It's like, "do I display up stairs or get a table downstairs to sell a few surplus plugs %$%$%$%$?

Keep it Plugfest only please, it's a great event by itself and it gets bigger and better each year on it's own merits.

RIJIMMY
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I am goign to bring a big bucket of eels and hurl insults at all you plug guys.

tattoobob
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Right now I am having thoughts of staying home, OTW, Flea market :hidin: Naahhh

mikecc
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I understand the seperate floors but still don't like the idea. Too many things and people to keep track of. It's like, "do I display up stairs or get a table downstairs to sell a few surplus plugs %$%$%$%$?

Keep it Plugfest only please, it's a great event by itself and it gets bigger and better each year on it's own merits.

Not a problem we can keep it just plug fest. Was just going by waht a few guys talked about earlier. we can do the flea market thing another time.

The Dad Fisherman
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Will the Bar be available? :hee:

eastendlu
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Won't know for sure unless you try new things just like building plugs.:tooth:I'm in either ways good group of people and some good food can't ask for much more then that.

Woodbuster
12-04-2007, 08:30 PM
We'll still be able to trade, right??????

capesams
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
yep...bst open first thing for two hours..done..everybody out...door locked....open 1 hour after lunch....done..pack it up...few hours wouldn't kill the fest for folks looking to buy/sell/trade/pick-up some wanted goodies and save a buck.

nightfighter
12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
This would be the place to disburse a group purchase of AYC, if anyone knows where to get a decent volume price........ I would be in.

outnumbered
12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Same here with the AYC

Rockfish9
12-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm with Flap, I'd kind of like to keep a "honor of the plug" thing....with a little tradin, alot of HO'n and all around good talk...

A flea market on a different day might be nice... but I'll be there no matter what..

The Dad Fisherman
12-05-2007, 08:27 AM
This would be the place to disburse a group purchase of AYC, if anyone knows where to get a decent volume price........ I would be in.

I'd be up for some too...the stocks are dwindling.

I'd take some maple too :hee:

Woodbuster
12-05-2007, 10:25 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards "plug builders" plugfest.

Last years plugfest was the first get together for me and as a new guy, it was a little akward walking in to a room full of people who already seemed to know each other pretty well. I only got to meet a handfull of other builders and found it tough without nametags.
If there are a lot of non-builders, I can only see this being even harder for new builders to meet some of you guys.
Just my .2 cents

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Nametags = YES definately, I would like to get to meet more of you guys also and having nametags will help alot, I have a bad memory.

OTW film = NO, there won't be any filming but either way you can choose to go or not tattoobob, it's up to you.

flea market- no, as an aside, if you have stuff to sell like fishing tackle, put it in the classifieds here and if you make a deal,maybe the transaction can happen at plugfest while we all get together, if not maybe sometime down the road there can be a yard sale at a separate event. We will keep plugfest as plugfest. Trading is encouraged.

So far only RIJimmy has offered some entertainment :)
Any other suggestions? :huh:
any demos anyone want to do?

I think we should bring a few tools again.

Nightfighter, go ahead and organize an AYC buy, just be careful how much extra you buy, I did it 2 years ago and wound up with half of it so I got my stash for a long time.

It will be here before you know it:cputin:

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd take some maple too :hee:

how much do you need Kevin?

striperondafly
12-05-2007, 01:39 PM

AYC - I would be in for a bunch :) White Pine as well :)

JohnR
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Not a problem we can keep it just plug fest. Was just going by waht a few guys talked about earlier. we can do the flea market thing another time.

I agree. A Flea Market is a great idea and one I've thought about but PlugFest should be about PlugFest and a Flea Market is worth looking into for a different event...

OTW film = NO, there won't be any filming but either way you can choose to go or not tattoobob, it's up to you.

The filming is up to you guys and perhaps filming can happen another time. Any objections if OTW were to have someone do an article?

Overall, we want to keep this pretty simple but fun, celebrate the work you guys do as builders, share and trade.

looking forward to this, because all of the work aside - Plugfest is one of the Highlights of the year :kewl:

Flaptail
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I did not bring up the OTW thing, I just want to make that clear. It's the food, boy oh boy do we eat well at PF.

What we really need is T-Shirts for the event.

PLUGFEST 08'

As far as prizes, just the awards certificates do it for me. Less stress for the organizers and no hard feelings. I am very proud of my two awards.

Looking forward to being humbled by all the stuff guys make that is brought together in one place. Ideas shared and new things learned plus the laughs and did I mention the food?

It's my number one must attend event of the year.

:drool::jump::uhuh::kewl:

Flaptail
12-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh yeah. I will need a table for a display of some old and some new classic plugs by the legends and my favorite new age builders if possible.

Numnbskull is toast.

Rockfish9
12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Plug Fest is the high light of my winter, last year was my first... an enjoyable day to say the least, that ends way to soon...

Remember this from last year.... wait until you meet her sister!

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 03:09 PM

What we really need is T-Shirts for the event.

PLUGFEST 08'

:read: well if someone wants to volunteer to come up with an initial investment of 2 grand, then maybe it could happen.;) :huh: John put a lot of time and work into that plug shirt design but it is so expensive to produce that even sold at 20 to 25 each it might break even. It has so many colors that adds to cost and the minimum run is alot of shirts to commit to. 150 shirts is a lot of shirts to sell. The other route to go with the shirts would not give as high a quality but ya don't need a commitment and they sell and ship. I know John has no time and is not setup to sell them by mail so that is why it's best to try to sell them at these type events. He will have some of the surfcaster shirts that he had at Striperfest and the last leg at M&D's if anyone wants one of those btw.

JohnR
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
:read: well if someone wants to volunteer to come up with an initial investment of 2 grand, then maybe it could happen.;) :huh: John put a lot of time and work into that plug shirt design but it is so expensive to produce that even sold at 20 to 25 each it might break even. It has so many colors that adds to cost and the minimum run is alot of shirts to commit to. 150 shirts is a lot of shirts to sell. The other route to go with the shirts would not give as high a quality but ya don't need a commitment and they sell and ship. I know John has no time and is not setup to sell them by mail so that is why it's best to try to sell them at these type events. He will have some of the surfcaster shirts that he had at Striperfest and the last leg at M&D's if anyone wants one of those btw.

Slip is right - I spent 100+ hours on a shirt that was too expensive to realistically do. At the time I had a couple grand (yes, 2,000 smackers) that still would have nearly broken the S-B bank allocated to that shirt. I can't do it this time around.

I WILL have some of these shirts as prizes though for Plugfest. I can do a few in L O W numbers at H I G H cost to me which is why I'll run off a few as prizes. I don't even have one :wall:

nightfighter
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Nightfighter, go ahead and organize an AYC buy, just be careful how much extra you buy, I did it 2 years ago and wound up with half of it so I got my stash for a long time.

It will be here before you know it:cputin:

If anyone has a contact that can supply AYC, please take the ball and run with it. I don't know where to find it:huh: I think we used to get 8/4X8/4 in different lengths. Maybe one of the commercial builders could help us?

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
what about Liberty Cedar in RI?

tattoobob
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM

How Did I get singled out to be the only one who doesn't want OTW there?

I could care less :bshake: I just though with all that stuff going on it will be to busy and not my cup of tee, you guys do what you want

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 07:02 PM
How Did I get singled out to be the only one who doesn't want OTW there?

I could care less :bshake: I just though with all that stuff going on it will be to busy and not my cup of tee, you guys do what you want

I am staying away if it is being filmed for OTW,

just answering your post is all Bob, not singling anyone out.
you aren't the only one that agrees with not having them filming there. My fault for bringing it up, we covered that last year, sorry

If flap thinks numbskull is toast, I guess he must have a pretty good contest plug.:read:

:walk:

tattoobob
12-05-2007, 07:25 PM

just answering your post is all Bob, not singling anyone out.
you aren't the only one that agrees with not having them filming there. My fault for bringing it up, we covered that last year, sorry

If flap thinks numbskull is toast, I guess he must have a pretty good contest plug.:read:

:walk:

Bruce 1st I want to thank you for doing all the work for plug fest
2nd I want to say I am sorry for being a pain an the arse

Maybe now I can still ho a plug from you :wiggle:

Slipknot
12-05-2007, 09:07 PM
you already did remember

tattoobob
12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes a good fish catching one to :bounce:

tattoobob
12-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Bruce I have one for you also :uhuh:

nibleme
12-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm in for the fest and I would like some atc as well Woodbuster i will contact you as it gets closer maybe we can carpool??

Canalman
12-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm in for sure, but I can't play a big part in planning this year... now that I have to be at ALL OF THE FISHING SHOWS WITHIN 300 MILES OF MY HOUSE!!!!! :hidin: I'll be ok. But I'm definatley in, I love plugfest!

-Dave

Tagger
12-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Is OTW going to be there .. I don't want to get all dressed up and comb my hair for nothing .. serious,,, If it helps the site .. I'm for it .. :as:

numbskull
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Is OTW going to be there .. I don't want to get all dressed up and comb my hair for nothing .. serious,,,

Uh.........Eddy? You might want to consider a paper bag instead.

MAC
12-08-2007, 12:28 PM

LOL

Flaptail
12-08-2007, 05:32 PM

ouch....:eek5:

Tagger
12-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Nobody ever accused you of over dosing on handsome pills I bet . If OTW is there that means you can't pick your nose all day . going to be hard for you .:bshake::laugha:

numbskull
12-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Your sister swims out to meet troopships! :rude:

Flaptail
12-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I m staying out of this one....

Psst.... Tagger.... Tell George if he went to the beach the stranding network would try to get him back in the water.

Backbeach Jake
12-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I m staying out of this one....

Psst.... Tagger.... Tell George if he went to the beach the stranding network would try to get him back in the water.

Bastards almost drowned me!! Don't use a paper bag what ever you do, some arse will try to stomp your head out. My hats don't fit right anymore...

Dad 818
12-09-2007, 09:54 PM
OK got the day out of work. What time do the festivities begin and how long does it usually run?

Flaptail
12-10-2007, 08:53 AM
9 to 4pm which includes set up, take down and clean up if my memory is correct.

ProfessorM
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Nobody ever accused you of over dosing on handsome pills I bet . If OTW is there that means you can't pick your nose all day . going to be hard for you .:bshake::laugha:

Looks like we might have to have a beauty pageant also. What will you guys do for the talent portion? One piece swimsuit though and I hope to god you have no compromising photos out there from your younger days.

striperman36
12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
How about just a best dressed surf or boat fisherman section with a casting talent section undertaken in the dim light of a small red led, no live bait tho?

Canalman
12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I don;t know if OTW will be there but I will be covering it for the Fisherman and yes please one-piece suits only and none of those ones that make it look like you're smuggling a small load of ping-pong balls across the border! :laughs::eyes:

-Dave

numbskull
12-10-2007, 07:04 PM
I don;t know if OTW will be there but I will be covering it for the Fisherman and yes please one-piece suits only and none of those ones that make it look like you're smuggling a small load of ping-pong balls across the border! :laughs::eyes:

-Dave

Good you're ruling out Speedos. That fcking Eddy would probably cheat and stick a potato in his.............then again being from Brockton he'd likely put it down the back.

Charleston
12-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Good you're ruling out Speedos. That fcking Eddy would probably cheat and stick a potato in his.............then again being from Brockton he'd likely put it down the back.

That's going to leave a mark :bounce:

Tagger
12-11-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey Numby !!! .. Quit staring at my potada !!!

numbskull
12-11-2007, 07:32 AM
It's OK, Eddy, you're still a hero in my dog's eyes

Flaptail
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM

Hey, who actually caught that fish? Isn't that your rod in his hands or did you do like you offered for Art and hook the fish and let him reel it in? hahahahahahahaha, just kidding!

BTW, I blew up that picture and by scaling it to Eddy's body have now figured out the formula for the Jig man spook dimensions!

Thanks again your too kind.

Tagger
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM

Your dog is a good jugde of character.. That was a great day .

ProfessorM
12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't think the dog cares so much for the fisherman as much as he just likes fish

eastendlu
12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I dunno Ed.. I know Goldens... judging by the look on that ones face, I'm guessing you had a milk bone in your pocket... I know the "feed me" look real good... ;)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!My screen is now spit upon thanks Karl.

Flaptail
12-12-2007, 06:20 AM
That dog is a sweet heart. Sunday when we were trout fishing if it wasn't for me the dog would have gone home disparaged about how it's master couldn't produce a fish for it to give a lick too. I had to catch a few so poor Fifa wouldn't develop a complex.

Must be so disheartening for the poor little pooch to have to watch things like that repeated so often.

Borders on animal cruelty.:D

togue
12-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Another Plugfest - Sweet! Really wanted to go last year, but couldn't.

16th looks good to me, and I would bite on a group AYC buy as well.

Dad 818
12-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I may have a connection to get some shirts made up. I don't want to do something up, then be stuck with a bunch of shirts and owe a lot of money to someone who could be doing me a favor. It'd prolly be a very basic shirt with PLUGFEST '08 on the front and maybe the date and place on the back. Does this interest anyone, or should we just not bother?

Or if you have any other ideas for it let me know. Don't wanna get too detailed, though. Then I'd sell them at the price I paid for them or maybe $1-$2 dollars more and donate the profits to John.

Slipknot
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the offer on the shirts but the ones we were referring to were a special design JohnR designed with a bunch of plugs on it. I hope he can do it someday soon because they are really nice.

NIB
12-14-2007, 05:32 AM
Bruce 1st I want to thank you for doing all the work for plug fest
2nd I want to say I am sorry for being a pain an the arse

Maybe now I can still ho a plug from you :wiggle:

Excellent plug ho reversal.
2 points..

NIB
12-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Oh yeah. I will need a table for a display of some old and some new classic plugs by the legends and my favorite new age builders if possible.

Numnbskull is toast.

Oh boy,The trash talk is started already....

NIB
12-14-2007, 05:57 AM
BTW, I blew up that picture and by scaling it to Eddy's body have now figured out the formula for the Jig man spook dimensions!

Thanks again your too kind.

His full scale still fits on my monitor...:hihi:

Tagger
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
His full scale still fits on my monitor...:hihi:

look who's talking ... meant to ask you at Asbury ,, What you been doing ,,,,besides eating ? :rotf3::musc:

eastendlu
12-14-2007, 04:12 PM
look who's talking ... meant to ask you at Asbury ,, What you been doing ,,,,besides eating ? :rotf3::musc:

:rotf3::rotf3::rotf3:

tattoobob
12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
This is a train wreck! we need a new Plug fest thread

Tagger
12-14-2007, 09:31 PM

Yea ... its in the ditch ,,, think you can trace all the bad behavior back to Numbskull .. :tm:

Flaptail
12-15-2007, 08:08 AM

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, "lighten up Francis"

NIB
12-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't call me francis..:D
I thought the thread just started to get interesting..
I would love to be able to make it.
It's been a while since I have seen some of my friends..
Too Long..
I don't think a scaled down sales thing would be bad.
Guys could sell some of their plugs to buy wood for new ones..

NIB
12-15-2007, 10:35 AM

Hey My Little buddy...:hihi:
Thats my winter coat.I seem to go up to 270 in the winter months back down to 235-240 by July..
Last five yrs anyways.It's brutal I love to eat This yr I have been movin the weights so I' strong as a ox and As big as one....:rotf3:

ProfessorM
12-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't think a scaled down sales thing would be bad.
Guys could sell some of their plugs to buy wood for new ones..

I agree with Tony but I am probably in the minority and will be happy at what ever is the decision. Either way it should be fun and a lot of you there.

JohnR
12-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Nibtastic - I wish we could do a "sales thing" scaled down or otherwise. But until we find a way to satisfy "the little guy" and the "Dingle-Johnson" tackle tax we can't do it at PlugFest, or online legally. If everyone wants to get a tax ID number and file the D-J tax, well, then we're on :tooth:

eastendlu
12-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Nibtastic - I wish we could do a "sales thing" scaled down or otherwise. But until we find a way to satisfy "the little guy" and the "Dingle-Johnson" tackle tax we can't do it at PlugFest, or online legally. If everyone wants to get a tax ID number and file the D-J tax, well, then we're on :tooth:

How about we just declare ourselfs illegal immigrants that way we can congregate at the corner sell our lures and pay no stinking taxes.:nopain:

JohnR
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
How about we just declare ourselfs illegal immigrants that way we can congregate at the corner sell our lures and pay no stinking taxes.:nopain:

Because we can't - believe me I wish there was a way.

hmmm.... sounds like ya musta read that article i sent you... heard back from a few of the guys i sent it too, and all were very happy to have read it, found it MOST informative.... i know your busy, but meybe you could figger a way of posting that article.. I think it would be a good thing :huh:

Just a little but mostly on my own research so far. I have it front of me (ok, 32 inches to my right) but I haven't gotten to THAT item on my list yet :wall:

numbskull
12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Because we can't - believe me I wish there was a way.
:

Perhaps there is. Suppose we set up a non-profit organization.......say to "Save the Sasquatch". We could use Flap as a poster child, sell plugs as a fund raiser, pay ourselves to do so, and use 5% of the proceeds to send Flap to a dog groomer for a shampoo and trim. Of course we would have to do dinnertime phone solicitations in order to make it look official. Something to consider.

Tagger
12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Perhaps there is. Suppose we set up a non-profit organization.......say to "Save the Sasquatch". We could use Flap as a poster child, sell plugs as a fund raiser, pay ourselves to do so, and use 5% of the proceeds to send Flap to a dog groomer for a shampoo and trim. Of course we would have to do dinnertime phone solicitations in order to make it look official. Something to consider.

LOL ... I like when you pick on Flap .. Means your leaving me alone .. :rotf2:

JohnR
12-15-2007, 04:44 PM

That means setting up a 501(C) Elite Corp - lots of work, lots of beyotchin, and no whiney people from Brockton allowed :spam: :wavey::rotfl: :lasso:

Sasquatch, tastes like chicken

justplugit
12-15-2007, 06:02 PM
here, tagger, numby, and flap, get dressed for the OTW & the Fisherman cameras, at mediafest, er, I meant plugfest... ;)http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/weathernut07/Nerds.jpg

LMAO. :btu:

Tagga still has his ski boots on. :hihi:

Dad 818
12-15-2007, 11:25 PM

no habla ingles? :splat:

MAC
12-16-2007, 06:50 AM
no habla ingles? :splat:

que....?

Flaptail
12-16-2007, 08:07 AM

Well... If not for my sake we could always do the non -profit thing and raise money to send Numby to Fat Kids Camp. What a cute poster he would make.

And Karl, a little Grecian formula wouldn't hurt. Hint hint.

ProfessorM
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
LMAO. :btu:

Tagga still has his ski boots on. :hihi:

Ski boots and a wedgie

Charleston
12-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Ski boots and a wedgie

Classic!!!! :)

NIB
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
U guys crack me up..

JoHn RRRRReFIc sorry i failed to figure the tax thing into the equasion..
U RRRR right...

Tagger
12-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Classic!!!! :)

Aren't you suppose to be at work ? Santa at some mall somewhere..

Charleston
12-16-2007, 12:28 PM
Aren't you suppose to be at work ? Santa at some mall somewhere..

I am at work. Ocean County Mall in Toms River NJ. I'm showing all the children the picture of my favorite elf Tagger!

Come on Ed, ski boots and a wedgie!!!! That's funny.

Dad 818
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I'll bring some of my "plugs". Don't think anyone will want them, but what the hell. I'm just going to try to pick up some tips from you guys.

Is anyone gonna start a sign-up/food list?

JohnR
01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I'll bring some of my "plugs". Don't think anyone will want them, but what the hell. I'm just going to try to pick up some tips from you guys.

Is anyone gonna start a sign-up/food list?

Soon ;)

Dad 818
01-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Soon ;)

OK. Thanks John.

johnny ducketts
01-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I'll try to finish a few but if not, well there's always the ancient art of hoing :)

Dr.fish
01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry gents...been big time under the weather since New Year's eve. Friggin flu. I've got the date Feb. 16th and the time 9 AM - 4 PM down but is it at the same place in Middleboro? I tried to read all of the posts, but may have missed it...Like it was said...gettin' way out of hand.

As many guys here know I have access to AWC (Atlantic White Cedar) and some times cypress (no AYC). Both are quite good for anything on or near the surface. I have brought some to the fest in the past...Don't know how Lu got it all home:)...and will do so again if there is an interest AND if I can get it. I'll not take orders per say. just let me know your interest and I'll load up what I can fit into the truck. Lengths are usually 30 - 32 inches and true 2 x 2 inch sticks. I tape them into 10 stick bundles (25 feet) just for ease of handling and keeping track of what he gives me. There are no invoices so what you see is what you get. As of the last time I got wood for some of the builders it was selling for $1.40 per stick ($14.00/bundle) if clear and $1.25 if not ($12.50/ bundle)[still very little waste]. As far as the cypress cost..it's a bit more, but usually he just brings me 2 inch thick planks (6, 8, 10 inches) and/or 2x4's and writes a price on them...If he brings sticks they rarely leave my basement...but Stripercrazy and Finatic beat me out of some 3 weeks ago.:D

The Dad Fisherman
01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd be interested in a Bundle of the clear white cedar if your coming to the fest

ProfessorM
01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Me too, as we were never able to hook up last year so I will take at least 3 or 4 bundles. Paul

Dr.fish
01-10-2008, 03:50 PM
OK, I'll start a list..yes...sorry ProfessorM...never did get together...well baring any mishaps I should be at the fest!

5 bundles so far!

stripercrazy
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
:)wood is good:)thanks doc:bgi:

numbskull
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Put me down for 2 bundles AWC please.....and thankyou.

JohnR
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Dr Fish - we are having it nearby, Carver Mass. Bigger facility :btu:

Details & Directions will be posted when we get a little closer.

nightfighter
01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
two bundles here please. Thanks

vineyardblues
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Please put me down for 2 bundles, I just just collect AYC :)
Thanks
VB

The Dad Fisherman
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Make it 2 for me please....

gone fishin
01-10-2008, 10:20 PM
2 for me also...thanks for offering!:musc::musc:

Tagger
01-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Put me down for 2 bundles .... I got some from fest in RI ,, turning it now .. nice stuff ..

Diggin Jiggin
01-11-2008, 08:24 AM
If you've got enough can you put me down for 2 bundles also... Thanks!

Raven
01-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Dr Fish - we are having it nearby, Carver Mass. Bigger facility :btu:

Details & Directions will be posted when we get a little closer.

but i thought this thread was gonna be about having hooter girls there

mikecc
01-11-2008, 09:09 AM
If possible
1 clear AWC bundle 1 Cypress bundlefor PNG

1 clear AWC bundle 1 Cypress bundle for me also

Thanks

Backbeach Jake
01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd like 1 bundle clear awc, please.

Charleston
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll take 2 bundles of AWC. Thanks

You might want to put a couple bundles aside for Russ (finatic). He's in Florida right now with no computer. We all know what a wood ho he is :faga:

Dr.fish
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Bill,
Russ and Ed loaded up about 2 weeks ago. They took just about all that I had.

Those of you that want cypress...remember it usually comes in planks...and I have no idea how much it costs. I'm not into figuring bd ft...etc. Will (mill owner) just writes the price on them. For example I have 2 in my basement that have prices of $18.00 and $20.00 on them 2 x 6 x 60 (approx)...obviously one's a bit longer than the other. These are older pieces that I've had a while, and I know that he has had to raise his price...very little...but maybe a buck or 2 more per plank??? His stuff comes in in log lengths from the South...I can only imagine what fuel prices have done to his costs. HOWEVER, he knows what we're doing with it and thinks it's great so he's really only raising it minimally. Zac helped me out the last time...he can attest to what kind of guy the mill owner is..he's just a good-old-boy, home town type guy whom I will NEVER stick it to.

BTW I'm up to 23 bundles right now plus a couple of cypress planks. That's 230+ pieces of wood for me to tape... I'll see how much room I have in the truck bed (short bed with tanoue [sp] cover)
He's dropping some (???) off tonight so I can bring it to a lead fest here in RI tomorrow. This is the kind of guy he is...I called him at about 10 AM to tell him about tomorrow...I didn't think I'd be going...finally beat the friggin'flu...he called about 2 hours ago to tell me he started cutting some for me after his last batch of shingles...said he might not finish 'till after 8:00 PM...

eastendlu
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow Doc they are comming out of the woodwork so to speak.:pop:

Dr.fish
01-11-2008, 05:12 PM
LMAO...good one Lu!!!:tooth:

Dad 818
01-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Doc, I'll take 2 bundles at Plugfest if you have the room. Thank you very much.

stripercrazy
01-13-2008, 03:10 PM
if you need a 2nd truck, I'll be takeing up my ranger up

Dr.fish
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Ed...I'll give you a ring if I need truck space...Thanks!

togue
01-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Doc, sent you a PM.

Dad 818
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Ed...I'll give you a ring if I need truck space...Thanks!

Doc, I'll have my CRV if ya need anymore room.

Dr.fish
01-14-2008, 06:54 PM
OK this is how I figure it...I'm up to 35 bundles ...each bundle is approx 4"x10"x30"...my Silverado Crew Cab is a short bed with a hard tonneau cover...might be able to fit a bit more than 40 bundles.

johnny ducketts
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Doc, could I please get a bundle.. I am going to be at plugfest

Thanks!

Biteme
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Doc, if it's not to much trouble could I get 2 bundles, clear cedar? Thank You!

outnumbered
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I'll tske two bundles of AWC if there is any left. Also a plank or two of cypress. Thank you,

Dr.fish
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
OK so far...All I ask is that if you are interested in the wood:

Please let me know No Later Than February 4th. This gives the mill time and me time to bundle it up.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DON'T BACK OUT at the last minute. One guy did that once and will never get wood from me again

Thanks,
Doc

PS I'll post a list of those who are getting wood after I have all of it in hand. If for some reason the mill can't meet the demand, I'll distribute it in the order of request.

eastendlu
01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Don't want to get on Santas naughty list :nopain:

Cranium
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Doc I will take 2 bundles of clear white, if you have the room. Thanks
Mark

scmarques
01-16-2008, 10:58 AM
If room allows, I would like to order 1 bundle of clear AWC and a board of Cyprus. Last years event was an eye opener to this wonderful world of plugbuilding. I promise to make this years as well.
Thanks All!

ProfessorM
01-16-2008, 07:33 PM
We must have name tags this year as I can't remember crap anymore and hate talking to someone once and then seeing him again an hour later and can't remember his name.Feel like an idiot

eastendlu
01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
We must have name tags this year as I can't remember crap anymore and hate talking to someone once and then seeing him again an hour later and can't remember his name.Feel like an idiot

I'm the same way Paul so much going on at once its hard to keep up lucky for me this will be my third one and i still remember your name .:laughs:

Raven
01-17-2008, 06:21 AM

theres a trick to it Paul...

all memories are stored as pictures.....ok

so dig it....you have to associate a picture in the form of a TAG
to remember anything...

like when i say apple your brain instantly see's an apple red or green...

same with names ...you should remember a persons name by associating a picture of something.....and the more outlandish the better because it makes for a more easy to remember TAG

saying it out loud several times as you meet the person is also important....

like you start a sentence with ....SO Larry... how's that plug shack workin out for ya... or answer yeah larry i know what you mean... within the conversation...

the other thing is... never to be embarrassed to ask again
and just say... hey man... i want to make sure i remember your name the next time we meet... and ask for it again with a firm handshake... again saying the full name a couple of times

then you try and learn some history about that person thats easy to remember....some claim to fame or significant factoid that's easy to remember...then the persons name will surface..

it's extremely important NEVER to say "i can't remember" because then you've just given your brain a command not too- so it won't

it's much better to say: i will remember....it'll come to me in a bit .... i can remember anything i want...
all positive affirmations

never say the derogatory things like: my memory sucks

i have crs cant remember shet because what you say!
your brain believes

and this concludes my memory enhancement lesson for the day:jump1:
ps. ginko biloba helps a great deal to provide your brain with extra oxygen and thus improves memory function

Rockfish9
01-17-2008, 07:26 AM

I was good at remembering names at one time, not any more... I cant remember what I eat for breakfast!

numbskull
01-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Or you can just give up and use "dude" for everyone instead.

Raven
01-17-2008, 07:35 AM
has to many other negative connotations though Numbskull

like DUDE WTF !!! when your screwing up and don't realize it

whats up? my S-B brother is allot more friendly

twice i wore name tags at plugfest and no one else would because of the high school reunion
negativity associated with name tags i guess which is really kinda silly.... :cool:

John make it mandatory - you get a peel and stick tag at the door
effective communication is what makes for ... many fun times :rtfm:

Dr.fish
01-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Raven has the answer to the memory problem...Problem with it is that I'd only get to meet one person if I went through that every time. I will meet people and forget their name until I meet them again and again..I find comfort in that THEY are the same way:jump: except for Raven...did I ever meet you:huh:

Dad 818
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Everyone will be known as "Guy" when I meet them. Unless they are of the female persuasion.

outnumbered
01-17-2008, 12:46 PM
But what is I can't remember the picture that I associated with the person? :bc:

Raven
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Raven has the answer to the memory problem...Problem with it is that I'd only get to meet one person if I went through that every time. I will meet people and forget their name until I meet them again and again..I find comfort in that THEY are the same way:jump: except for Raven...
did I ever meet you? :huh:

i'm usually hard to forget
because when i look at you
i look into your soul
thru the open window
and i send a message
that needs no words

either that or i give you a
mountain man handshake LOL :wave:

Backbeach Jake
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM

I am the world's worst at that. There's this guy in my mirror every morning....

Tagger
01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Or you can just give up and use "dude" for everyone instead.

"Dog" not dude ... your showing your age old fart ..

BigFish
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Has a date been set?

Raven
01-17-2008, 06:42 PM
I am the world's worst at that. There's this guy in my mirror every morning....

attach a picture of yourself on the mirror
that says this guy is you

your name is Jake :jester:

BigFish
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
We got a date on this?

johnny ducketts
01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
I think it's Feb 16th

ProfessorM
01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
We got a date on this?

Who are you ???? See I told you

GooGoo Man
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
doc, I would like 2 bundles if possible (clear). a piece or two of cypress would be greatly appreciated. I am very new here & have been building plugs for a few years. hope to meet alot of new friends at plugfest.