View Full Version : Scarey Please Read

Vogt
11-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I posted this in the political forum as well, but I dont feel that that forum gets enough attention.
http://www.newstarget.com/022308.html

Think this is for real or just a load?

Backbeach Jake
11-30-2007, 06:13 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1959

It isn't BS. I can hear the hobnail boots now. You all know what you have to do.

spence
11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Don't you remember? 9/11 changed everything...the US Consitution is no longer valid because there are bad people in the world :yak:

-spence

stripersnipr
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Passed the House 405 -6 . Bipartisan support, who you gonna blame now?

spence
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Why are you always so focused on blame?

-spence

stripersnipr
12-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Pot meet kettle.

spence
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Is this an offhanded reference to my cookware addiction? :yak5:

I'm not into blame, just accountability.

-spence

Backbeach Jake
12-01-2007, 06:25 PM
The count on that vote indicates one thing to me and one thing only. Our Constitution has been usurped. And indeed it IS us against them, and "them" works for us, for now. Those roles are reversing and are now to the point of being done. The last Decade has been one of dividing the American people right down the middle. While we are bickering over petty differences, the foxes are raiding our hen houses. We'd better get on the same page in a frigging hurry or we're toast. Someone once asked " What will you do without your Freedom?" Better start making plans...We're about to find out.

Backbeach Jake
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Don't you remember? 9/11 changed everything...the US Consitution is no longer valid because there are bad people in the world :yak:

-spence

Yes those bad people are in Congress.

Sluggoslinger
12-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Pot meet kettle.

:laugha::laugha::lurk:

spence
12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes those bad people are in Congress.
Among many places :hihi:

-spence

RIJIMMY
12-01-2007, 09:42 PM
huh....?

there is a problem with this?

...ideologically based violence’ means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual’s political, religious, or social beliefs...

just because some wacko web guy interprets this in some bizarre extreme way doesnt mean we are abandoning the constitution! ANY planned, executed , or threatened violence is ALREADY illegal!

spence
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Sniper has a problem because he really doesn't know what party to affiliate himself with.

All the rest of us are for the US Constitution.

-spence

justplugit
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
If the main concern is freedom, limited govt., constitutionalism, and privacy, check out Ron Paul's history on those issues.

Nebe
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
At this point, it is clearly evident that the citizens are more concerned over the theories behind LOST and the latest writers strike than they are about the constitution...

we're screwed. Orwell was right but he was a few decades off.

Nebe
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
oh... here is some food for thought.

Fascism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definition
Definitions of fascism

Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology (generally tied to a mass movement) that considers individual and other societal interests subordinate to the interests of the state. Fascists seek to forge a type of national unity, usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, racial, religious attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, statism, militarism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, corporatism, populism, collectivism, and opposition to political and economic liberalism.

stripersnipr
12-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Sniper has a problem because he really doesn't know what party to affiliate himself with.

All the rest of us are for the US Constitution.

-spence

Not even close, per usual.

fishpoopoo
12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
if it passes, somebody will challenge it and it will be a scotus 1A case that will get overturned.

WTF ever happened to fidelity to the constitution?

wheresmy50
12-03-2007, 05:44 AM
Fidelity to the constitution went out the window a long time ago. The problem is everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. It's okay to do X that violates the constitution because it's for the "greater good", but don't dare do Y.

The constitution gets routinely assaulted from both sides of the aisle. Hate crimes laws from the democrats, anti-terror from the republicans, just to name two. You’re for one but think the other is anti-constitutional?

I’d argue that there are more people who want to remove the Second Amendment than the First, but once you start modifying the consitution to suit the perceived needs of society at a point in time, is there really any chance that it will stop? If the south had won the civil war, would there be an amendment supporting slavery?

fishpoopoo
12-03-2007, 07:50 AM
:biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLqPjbFpX40