View Full Version : North Shore guys, this might be of interest to you

Clueless
12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Found this on another board and thought anyone who fishes Plum Island might want to know about it. Copied verbatim from the other post.

"Plum Island Refuge" -- Extending the night season

This concerns the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge (PRNWR) on Plum Island in Newburyport, Massachusetts.

Bass have been around at Plum Island in November in recent years due to the mild autumn weather we’ve been experiencing. Unfortunately, current nighttime walk-on and drive-on privileges on the Refuge end on October 31st.

Mr. Graham Taylor, Refuge Manager for PRNWR, might consider extending the nighttime walk-on and drive-on privileges in the future if enough public interest is shown.

Please consider contacting Mr. Taylor and lending your voice for the Refuge to consider extending nighttime fishing privileges until the second Sunday in November.

As you might know, personal letters really carry the most weight. Mr. Taylor’s address is below.

Mr. Graham Taylor, Refuge Manager
ParkerRiver National Wildlife Refuge
6 PlumIsland Turnpike
Newburyport, MA

luds
12-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I stopped reading after I read Plum Island. It sucks.

oh.....kay is still cool.

american spirit
12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=luds48;544402]I stopped reading after I read Plum Island. It sucks.

i wouldn't touch plum island with luds's or clogston's pole!!!! :laugha:

and kay is the chit. she fixed a guide for me on the spot one time 2 years ago. :humpty:

Clogston29
12-01-2007, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=luds48;544402]and kay is hot. she fixed a guide for me on the spot one time 2 years ago. :humpty:

hey, whatever your into :deer:

tattoobob
12-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks guys nice diss

Slipknot
12-01-2007, 09:51 PM
My grandma taught that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
Access is a good thing, it's getting harder all the time. If some of you don't like it, then don't worry about it, but it looks foolish dissing the place just because others want to better the access there. Maybe others feel the place you fish sucks but you don't see them dissing it, or maybe you do :huh:

Thanks clueless for posting that :btu: I hope progress is made

Clogston29
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
just alittle kidding around on a cold saturday night. obviously, any access gained is a good thing - even if I won't be taking advantage of it. just having alittle fun :deer:

Clueless
12-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I stopped reading after I read Plum Island. It sucks.

i wouldn't touch plum island with luds's or clogston's pole!!!! :laugha:

Man, I get no love. :wall: You guys apparently don't enjoy combat fishing.

Or are you saying there's other spots up there? Tell me where!! :rotflmao:

Slipknot
12-01-2007, 10:02 PM
ok
:gu:

riverrat55
12-01-2007, 11:13 PM
No fish up here at anytime!!!
Best to stay South of Boston all the time!!!

The Dad Fisherman
12-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Man, talk about chitting on a guys home turf......

Nothing wrong with PI....the refuge is a great place to go, I take the family there all the time. The "Zoo" is over at the mouth of the Merrimac.

BassDawg
12-02-2007, 06:54 AM
I absolutely will not fish the Circus that is PI, unless I'm there wit me daughter (she's 4) and nephews and want to put them on sum dinks. It is the Classic beach location, however and a lovely spot!! Just not for me. Hope the access thang gets pushed thru for those that do enjoy that type of surfcasting.

:cool: Kay is the coolest chick on the PLANET!!! :cool:

I walked into her shop one day last summer with the top half of my two-piece graphite in hand and she INSTANTLY took me over to her guide repairing station, lit the candle, and I was gone in five minutes. It was only the tip, but talk about customer service with a priceless smile, there ain't none better. On another occasion she was spooling some line for me and noticed some cuts on the top lip of my spool, she buffed it up for free and sent me on me way. GREAT plugs/gear/bait/line selection as well!! She has it all, from A to Z men, and I'll swear that I walk outta there with more striper mojo than what I walked in with, everytime :bl: :bl:.

:kewl::kewl: Surfland USA, is the BALLLLZZZZ!! :kewl::kewl:

Swimmer
12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Man, I get no love. :wall: You guys apparently don't enjoy combat fishing.

Or are you saying there's other spots up there? Tell me where!! :rotflmao:

Nice try anyways. You'd thing if for ANYTHING HERE THAT WE WOULD STICK TOGETHER ON THE ACCCESS ISSUE.

Rockport24
12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
just saw this, I have been AWOL from the site for a while...

It is the river front that is a total zoo, even in the dead of night
I love fishing the refuge, but unfortunately, if you don't drive on, it's a lot of walking.
Ok guys now at least we know Luds and Josh didn't get those fish at PI... or did they????

Rockfish9
12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
My grandma taught that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
Access is a good thing, it's getting harder all the time. If some of you don't like it, then don't worry about it, but it looks foolish dissing the place just because others want to better the access there. Maybe others feel the place you fish sucks but you don't see them dissing it, or maybe you do :huh:

Thanks clueless for posting that :btu: I hope progress is made

Nicely put slip.... let them keep dissing the place... the less people that fish there, the happier I will be...

gone fishin
12-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Nicely put slip.... let them keep dissing the place... the less people that fish there, the happier I will be...

Yep - there are no fish on PI ever!!! Stay away....:vamp::vamp:

tattoobob
12-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Yep - there are no fish on PI ever!!! Stay away....:vamp::vamp:

People fish there I thought it was a bird sanctuary