View Full Version : Heading down to PJ this evening Would love some company!!

bud8fan
09-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Hi All!

After I take the buyer of my Ranger(YES I SOLD IT!!) out for a water test I am planning on taking a ride down PJ area to sling some eels and plugs and would love to have some company!!
I will probably get there around 8-830(Depending on how long it takes to get the boat put away.
IF anyone is interested I will check my email around 730pm or so.
I am planning on hitting behind Aunt Carries first so if you see a dark blue blazer 2 door thats me! RI reg RB-641.
I will be the guy sweating in neoprene waders as I havent broken down and bought breathables yet!

Oh yeah I am also in the market for a saltwater boat in the 18-21' range so if you know of any good deals let me know!!

bud8fan
09-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Well I thought you all might get a kick out of this!

Here I am looking for someone to go fishing with after I finished with the test drive of my boat!
Of course notions of things that could happen to turn the buyer away were in my head! Especially seeing as the boat hadnt seen the water in over a year!

The perspective buyer towed the boat to the lake. Everything goes great and the boat is sold!!
Now for the humorous side!

The buyer goes to get his truck so we can pull the boat!
His 2001 Xterra wont start!! LOL!!!
So we are stuck at the boat ramp for the next 3 hrs waiting for AAA and a friend of his to tow the boat!!!

Ok gonna try getting out tomorrow night!! Same places around 830-900pm. Anyone interested in joining me??

Homerun04
09-21-2002, 09:13 AM
That's what you get for selling your boat........LOL.......;)

bud8fan
09-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Well selling the boat was the first step in getting into a saltwater boat!!! The bass boat wasnt doing me any good in the yard!!

The hunt begins!! And now I have the $$$$ well some anyway!!

Van
09-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by bud8fan
Well selling the boat was the first step in getting into a saltwater boat!!! !!
NOW YOUR TALKIN' !!!!!!!!

:D

Scotch Bonnet
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Now its time to part with some BIG $$$$

bud8fan
09-22-2002, 12:48 AM
SB,

I am hoping I can find myself something in the 18-20' range used that is in decent shape without having to break the bank!

Maybe a Wellcraft steplift(outboard equipped)(to keep the family dry!) or a center console steiger or mako or in a perfect world a decent seacraft.
I was contemplating looking in the great lakes area for a aluminum rig but knowing what you need to do to keep an aluminum boat from corroding I am thinking twice on it!!

I will be trailering whatever I buy so I have to watch the weight of the package as my tow vehicle is a 99 blazer with a 4.3 vortec.
My bass boat and trailer weighed around 3200lbs so I know what my blazer can and cant handle!!

IF anyone knows of someone unloading their boat drop me a line!!!

Clammer
09-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Bud,you want to see a awesome alum boat
search Quintrex,boats --- one heck of a boat ,they carry them in Charlestown,I was there yesterday fos a 2nd look ///////////