View Full Version : Play like a champion today...losing is not an option

Duke41
12-04-2007, 05:51 AM
That is the Notre Dam football motto. I saw that in the Patriots last night. Can you imagine the pressure on this team to maintain a perfect record. The have already wrapped up the division and made the play-offs which is really the goal. As Parcels used to say all we want is a ticket to the tournament. As far as I am concerned the season is a huge success. I really don't feel that the players are having any fun out there. Every game is like the super bowl a must win situation. I noticed lots of finger pointing in the d back field last night. I imagine the locker room must be brutal right now. No one wants to be the guy that blew the perfect season. It may be better for the team to lose one before the post season to bust the bubble and bring them all together again. Let me end with this we are witnessing a special season for the Pats and especially for Brady, Moss and Welker. I hope the players are enjoying this as much as we all are. :cheers:

BigFish
12-04-2007, 06:53 AM
I do believe they play with a "one game" attitude as they have said many times....so I do not believe they feel that pressure to win! When you have an opportunity to make history as they do.....they want it....bad! If they lose one....it will suck but we really just want the championship when you boil it down!

Saltheart
12-04-2007, 09:24 AM
The pressure comes form all their opponents wanting to knock them off. Every team they play is getting so psyched that even the worst of them is dangerous. Baltimore played way over their head last night. Why? cause they were all hopped up to beat the pats. At this stage of the game , if a team can topple the Patriots , they will be famous as giant killers , even if the rest of their season was a disaster. its a chance for every basement team to redeem themselves if they can beat the Pats so they are flying high for the games.

Next week is the big game. They better play well.

thortum
12-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I agree with: tremendous pressure; less fun; nobody wants to get hurt before the Superbowl; they're in every other teams sights; :liquify: tough to keep up the high intensity when season is wrapped up. I ALMOST wished they had lost yesterday to relieve the pressure [almost]. PERFECT SEASON would be wonderful, but not at the cost of getting people hurt unnecessarily. Brady got hit pretty good yesterday. :hidin:

The Dad Fisherman
12-04-2007, 10:37 AM
The season is not wrapped up yet...they still have to clinch homefield throughout the playoffs...then the regular season is wrapped up