View Full Version : Headaches

basswipe
12-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Been stressing heavily lately which usually results in a headache.I hate taking loads of pills.

Any good natural remedies that actually work?

maddog2020
12-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Chiropractor helps me out immensely in this category. I use to take 8 + Advil a day and now a days it is almost never. I may have taken one or two in the past few yrs. :)

Some form of meditation also helps. I have elderly friend who meditates couple of times a day to help with his stomach issues.

Human mind is a powerful too - most never use it to it's full potential. ;) I'm guilty of not using mine most of the time ..... lol.

Some times constant migraines are sign of bigger/badder problems. :( See your physician about it sooner than later!

Good luck.

Aqua-man
12-09-2007, 09:21 AM
Headaches are something I have some experience with. First, let your doctor know. Second, is what your stressing about really worth the headaches? If it's your job, it's not worth it.
The best non-drug thing that works for me is accupressure. Again, ask your doctor about it. My trick...When I'm feeling a migrane ( or just a headache) coming on I take 2 tennis balls, stuff them in a sock and tie it tight. Lay on the floor in a dark room with low music in the background and I use the sock like a pillow, I put the tennis balls on either side of the "point" on the lower back of my head. 10 or 15 minutes usually works wonders.
Hope this helps,
Tom

basswipe
12-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Headaches are something I have some experience with. First, let your doctor know. Second, is what your stressing about really worth the headaches? If it's your job, it's not worth it.
The best non-drug thing that works for me is accupressure. Again, ask your doctor about it. My trick...When I'm feeling a migrane ( or just a headache) coming on I take 2 tennis balls, stuff them in a sock and tie it tight. Lay on the floor in a dark room with low music in the background and I use the sock like a pillow, I put the tennis balls on either side of the "point" on the lower back of my head. 10 or 15 minutes usually works wonders.
Hope this helps,
Tom

Work and my bank.No not worth it but hard not to think about it.I'll see the doc this week.

tattoobob
12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I used to get them so bad I would end up throwing up, behind my eyes and sinus, I saw so many doctors and specialests, finally I was told maybe a clogged tear duct go and see your eye doctor, I then found out it was Gloucoma (spelling) I had lazer surgery and I am better, I also take a pill everyday to help. I learned to take something a first sign of a head ache, or I will be going to bed with in 2 hours with pain

gone fishin
12-10-2007, 09:47 AM
As those who suffer know, there is no easy solution. A visit to the Doc is in order. There is one thing I want to mention. If you are taking a large amount of remedies, you may be getting what is known as rebound headaches. This can happen with most any drug.
Go see a doctor. If stress related you have to get the stress situation straightened out first!

ProfessorM
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
It is what Larry gets after listening to Mr. Z

thortum
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Sex works for me. Only problem is that my wife gets the headache when I suggest it. :bc: :crying: :bc: :crying:

afterhours
12-11-2007, 07:59 AM
norm- isolate source of stress and then work on modification and/or elimination of said strees producer.

justplugit
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
norm- isolate source of stress and then work on modification and/or elimination of said strees producer.

Good advice Don, only problem eliminating stress producer ,in some cases,
could lead to jail time. :D

FishermanTim
12-11-2007, 02:03 PM
One of my best stress relievers is laughter.
Find a good comedy show or movie and enjoy yourself.
You'd be surprised at how mush better you'll feel after a good laugh.
Heck, you can always check out the "Joke of the day" or "Funny surf stories" here.

basswipe
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM

I'm really trying to but those sources of stress can sometimes consume your waking(and sleeping!) thoughts.As you know I have Jane to keep me grounded,but its been a tough '07 in general.

What I really need is a day of fishing.Its always been a great escape.I don't care if its cold but the sun in my face and a fishing pole in my hands makes me feel good.

basswipe
12-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Heck, you can always check out the "Joke of the day" or "Funny surf stories" here.

Makes me think I should go back to reefer.Things always seemed less than what they were after a good puff and usually much more funny than they should have been.

thortum
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Thats ALWAYS been my moto. :o

MrHunters
12-12-2007, 08:03 AM
sometimes laughter can cause a headache. :)

i've had an annoying headache for the past 4 days. pressure keeps building, pretty sure a cold is coming.

thortum
12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
sometimes laughter can cause a headache. :)

i've had an annoying headache for the past 4 days. pressure keeps building, pretty sure a cold is coming.

The only time laughter GIVES me a headache is when others laugh at my 10" striper, that I proudly display. :(

american spirit
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
not sure if this was said already. if i stay well hydrated, and stay away from bright florescent light. that works. if i get a headache at work i take in some caffene too.