View Full Version : Where do you stock up on jigs?

Hooper
12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I was looking over my tackle the other day and realized I need to stock up on leadhead striper jigs. I have a wide range of assorted Andrus jigs which have served me well. And I found a jigs site online which has some designs I will try out next year, www.jigsrigsandstuff.com, but where do you guys who like to jig go to get yours? If anyone has a favorite local shop or a website they could recomend I'd appreciate it!:btu:

Raider Ronnie
12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Not sure what type or size jigs your looking for, but we buy quite a few 4-6oz jigs for pulling wire from Skip Cornell (Hot Jigs)
Don't think he has a website, but he does quite a few of the winter shows including the NE Boat show, MSBA, ect...
He lives in Pembrook and supplies a lot of the commercial fleet in Green Harbor.

riverrat2
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Skip makes a hell of a jig and is an even better fisherman, cape cods are good and cheap too.

beamie
12-09-2007, 08:37 PM
A third vote for skip. Send him an email at hotjigs@msn.com You won't find a nicer guy. His knowledge is second to none on bass and tuna. Great jigs and great squid bars and daisy chains. And he won't rob you either. Great products at honest prices.

Hooper
12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys, I will get ahold of Skip this winter, much appreciated!

big jay
12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
I have a bunch of skip's jigs as well - good jigs, I like them b/c he uses stainless hooks so they don't rust up on you.

Danny Hannon who runs the SaltShaker out of Sesuit also makes good jigs - he supplies alot of the charter boats (including DP). He's also been known to make at sea deliveries- nice service when you're running low. he has a website for his tackle biz - It's linked to his boat site.

Hooper
12-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Jay, I ran Parkers boat a few times this fall when he was still recovering and they had been using a banana jig which seemed to pull through the weeds much better than traditional jigs. Have you tried this yet? Anyone else?

big jay
12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
You're gonna get me in trouble.

Raider Ronnie
12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Jay, I ran Parkers boat a few times this fall when he was still recovering and they had been using a banana jig which seemed to pull through the weeds much better than traditional jigs. Have you tried this yet? Anyone else?

Charlie Cinto makes a banana shaped jig thats very good.
Not sure if he sells them though, I have a few that were given to me.