View Full Version : Jets have Pats over-confident.

wader-dad
12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Mangenius had a master plan this season to beat the Patriots this Sunday. First you get a Jet offensive line that plays like crap. Then you get a Jet defensive line that just plain sucks. Then you bench your only decent quarterback and put in a rookie that plays like crap and sucks. Then you lose all your games except against Miami. Then the master plan- the odds makers install the patriots at like 39 point favorites and the Jets finally get pissed off and play like they don't suck.

Go Jets.

It takes character to be a Jet fan or maybe I am just a character.

Fishin' Blues
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
You never know. They won in Foxborough last year. I'm sure Belichick is driving that point home.

wader-dad
12-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Fishing Blues- I think you will have heard this before-

"Don't murder me, I beg of you don't murder me, please, please don't murder me"

Fishin' Blues
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Are the Pats "600 pounds of sin"? lol

afterhours
12-10-2007, 08:49 PM
good tune! i really believe the jets will feel the wrath of the patriots more than any other team has...look what they did to that 3rd string saftey...it will be ugly :bl: and i will be loving it! FB- nice avatar!

Fishin' Blues
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I guess we can make it the theme song for the game. Har!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhqyg_dTaTg

Hooper
12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
If the Pats don't put up 60 points against the Jets I will shed a tear....

Slipknot
12-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Ya Sunday at 1:00 looks pretty Dire for the Jets

The Dad Fisherman
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Ya Sunday at 1:00 looks pretty Dire for the Jets

I wonder if they'll have a priest leading them up the corridor and onto the field "Dead Man(Gina) Walking"

vineyardblues
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I hate to post this :liquify:

But, we all my be in for a surprise this Sunday. They are now calling for a full blown Nor'Easter starting Sat night and all day Sunday :spidey:
I said from the start that the only team to beat the Patriots will be Mother Nature, I hope I am wrong...........

ps, the only good thing about the snow will be all the snow balls being tossed at Mangina! :bl:

VB

pmueller
12-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, if he keeps this up, he and Bill will be long time friends.

Mangenius had a master plan this season to beat the Patriots this Sunday. First you get a Jet offensive line that plays like crap. Then you get a Jet defensive line that just plain sucks. Then you bench your only decent quarterback and put in a rookie that plays like crap and sucks. Then you lose all your games except against Miami. Then the master plan- the odds makers install the patriots at like 39 point favorites and the Jets finally get pissed off and play like they don't suck.

Go Jets.

It takes character to be a Jet fan or maybe I am just a character.

spinncognito
12-11-2007, 03:50 PM

But, we all my be in for a surprise this Sunday. They are now calling for a full blown Nor'Easter starting Sat night and all day Sunday :spidey:
I said from the start that the only team to beat the Patriots will be Mother Nature, I hope I am wrong...........

ps, the only good thing about the snow will be all the snow balls being tossed at Mangina! :bl:

VB

I agree- things can even out in sloppy weather. The wind took away the passing game a few weeks ago and they barely won. Add the snow/sleet/rain and there will not be a blowout. Gotta wonder if the spread will shrink as the forecast gets firmer. Take the Jets with all those points while you can! (Pats will still win)

Slipknot
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM

VB

:( crap :( I guess that rules out taking my brothers' RV to the game then. We'll have to take the truck and leave plenty early and park way down RT.1 and walk. At least I won't have to shovel snow off my seat this time, I got no seat in standing room only.Randy Moss can run just fine in snow, it's the DB's that will have trouble covering him :D
This game will be great, snow or no snow.
besides that's like 5 days away now and this is New England, it could be 50 degrees and sunny.

Swimmer
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
RATgini deserves everything he gets, from us and the rest of the league.

The Dad Fisherman
12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
the only problem with the weather is that they may only beat them by 30 instead of 50....or 60

Mike P
12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Slip---when did Moss ever play in snow? Both the Vikes and the Lions play in a dome. Maybe he did once or twice when the Vikes were on the road in Green Bay or Chicago?? :confused:

Maybe the Raiders had a snow game once in Denver :huh:

BassDawg
12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
No way are they overconfident, what with all the heapin' helpin's of HUMBLE PIE Coach Bill keeps on serving up!!

Your NE Patriots will be prepared, they'll be focused, and they'll be victorious...............

Yup!! They did it again, not that purty but a W is a W. And now they can practice and gameplan for the Dolphins. Cain't wait to see the looks on the '72 team's faces when we smoke the fish at Gillette.

BassDawg
12-16-2007, 10:57 PM
RATgini deserves everything he gets, from us and the rest of the league.

ABSOLUTELY, Swimmer.

Eric mangini is the Ratfink weanie of the NFL.
He's made himself the whipping post of every coaching staff out there.
He even looks like a RAT :btu: :btu:.

NOWWWW............let's get ready to squish tha fish!!
Weather permitting ~54 to 10~ PATS win and go 15-0 for the first time ever in the NFL in a regular season. I called it in week two, 19-0 is a foregone conclusion for the Greatest Team Of All Time. Besides the '72 Dolphins were an anamoly, they only won one champeenship and they had one GREAT Season.

Time to step down Mercury and get back on the pipe, cause yer fifteen minutes (35 yrs) of fame clock is reading 14:55, 5 more wins, one more Lombardy, another MVP for #12, and some defensive hardware trown in and you can punch this team's ticket to Canton, baby!!

The only team out there that scares me is the Colts and they just barely got by Oakland this week? Is it too early to be talking Draft pix :cheers:?

Mike P
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Besides the '72 Dolphins were an anamoly, they only won one champeenship and they had one GREAT Season.

Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Thank you for playing. We have some nice parting gifts.

The Dolphins repeated the next season, beating the Vikings 24-7 in the Super Bowl. It was their third straight trip to the SB. They lost to Dallas the year prior to their 14-0 season.

wader-dad
12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Well my Jets did not get murdered by the 600 pounds of sin.

If Jets had an offensive line and if someone shot Justin McCareins before the game, we would have won. When teams are having a down year a lot of things go wrong. Jet defense looked respectable. I like Pennington better than the kid they are trying out. But neither are going to get me to a super bowl.

BassDawg
12-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Thank you for playing. We have some nice parting gifts.

The Dolphins repeated the next season, beating the Vikings 24-7 in the Super Bowl. It was their third straight trip to the SB. They lost to Dallas the year prior to their 14-0 season.

Mike P, thanks for keepin' it reel. That sounded funny to me while I was posting it, and I knew I should've checked my stats. I also figured that someone would call me on it :uhuh:.

So they had 1 GREAT season, and two Buffaloesque seasons :bl: :bl:.

I've always respected their place in NFL History; however their comments of late (Shula, Morris) have begun to tarnish their reputation somewhat. What ever happened to shaking the man's hand on the way to the top of the mountain? Stepping down from a longheld place of prominence, rather than stepping on your good name and memory?

The '71-'74 Dolphins were very good, but they couldn't even suit up with these Patriots. Before it's all said and done ~providing good health, an excellent receiving corps, we keep on drafting probowl offensive linemen, and we reload on the defensive side of the football~ these Pats could potentially rewrite the Record Books. And we'll be here to see it, God willing!!!