View Full Version : tawana brawley's big sister

fishpoopoo
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
:rolleyes:

Ohio Attorney Found in Georgia Says She Made Up Kidnapping
Tuesday , December 11, 2007

TOLEDO, Ohio —

A pregnant Ohio attorney who told police she was kidnapped at gunpoint after she disappeared for several days has recanted her story, Toledo police said Tuesday.

Karyn McConnell Hancock, 35, fabricated a story that she was abducted last week outside a juvenile court building in Toledo, forced into a vehicle, and dropped off three days later near Atlanta, Capt. Ray Carroll said.

Hancock disappeared Wednesday from Toledo and was found Saturday behind the Six Flags Over Georgia amusement park near Atlanta. Her car was found nearby and was processed by the Cobb County, Ga., police on Monday, who found nothing in it to either support or refute her claims, said Sgt. Dana Pierce.

The FBI and Toledo police interviewed Hancock on Monday.

Hancock, a former city councilwoman and the daughter of a Toledo Municipal Court Judge C. Allen McConnell, said she was kidnapped at gunpoint by two men and a woman because they wanted to punish her, her husband said Monday.

Lawrence Hancock, bishop of Final Harvest Church in Toledo, had said he believed it had something to do with a case McConnell handled before he was a judge.

Hancock, who is six months pregnant with her second child, boarded a plane Saturday and returned home.

Her husband said she was resting and unharmed.

Messages seeking comment were left Tuesday morning for the Hancock family and McConnell.

"We need a little time to figure out what happened, what went on, what went wrong and what happened with her," McConnell told NBC's "Today" show Monday.

Lawrence Hancock said his wife's debit card was used to withdraw $300 on Tuesday night, the day before she disappeared.

He said his wife called him from a restaurant pay phone Thursday afternoon.

"She told me that, 'They have me.' She told me she thought she was going to die," Hancock said. "She told me don't let her son forget her and that she loved me."

He said his wife told him one of the men who abducted her had a gun and she was forced to ride in a vehicle with her kidnappers. She said she never knew where she was because she was blindfolded and that her kidnappers stopped and allowed her to eat once a day.

She told him she never tried to escape because she was threatened with the gun and that the kidnappers released her because the case was drawing a lot of media coverage.

Hancock was found after she flagged down a motorist near at Six Flags in Austell, Ga., and the motorist called police, Pierce said.

PaulS
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Good one - Poo Poo.

I wonder how many people have no idea who Tawana was?

Swimmer
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Tawana's parents recently held a news conference to try and open up the states pocketbooks again.............:bl:

Andy D
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Don't think Al S harpton will go anywhere near this one .