View Full Version : Rudolph, Wrong Message?

Joe
12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I was watching Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, and I could not help but come away with the feeling that Ruolph was a sap.
In the beginning, when he's nothing but a misfit, Santa has the balls to go up to Donner (Rudolph's Dad) and tell him, "Donner, you should be ashamed."
His girfriend's father forbids her to be seen with him.
The other reindeer don't let him play in their games.
Then, when they realize he's the man, and the whole show is on the line they ask him to guide the sleigh and he says, "It would be an honor, Sir."
This is telling all the kiddies that you can mistreat anyone all you want and they'll still go to bat for you. Rudolph should have laughed in the fat man's face and made him aware of the new price.

FishermanTim
12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
"... You know Santa, this looks like the perfect time to talk about my "new job", a hefty raise, and how about a new house instead of a drafty cave? Also, I want the power to be able to hire and fire ANYONE that I want (Yukon Cornelias, Bumbles the snow monster, and any misfit toys that want to stick around).

Side note - Since Santa elves make the toys, wouldn't it be a problem if they're making sub-standard toys to begin with?

fishsmith
12-24-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.joketips.com/jokepics/rudolph.jpg

gldnbear93
12-24-2007, 04:35 PM
"Side note - Since Santa elves make the toys, wouldn't it be a problem if they're making sub-standard toys to begin with?"

Probably Chinese elves........check for lead