View Full Version : Wading Jacket

decksweeper
12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Just curious as to if anyone has the LL Bean Rapid River Wading Jacket and what your thoughts are on it. I'm thinking about it, but wanted to get some feedback before spending the $$$$

JoeP
12-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Bought it last offseason. Returned it within a week because I thought it felt way too heavy & probably too warm in the summer months. Got the Simms instead and it's been great.

decksweeper
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Joe, did you get the G3 or the Rivertek?

JoeP
12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Rivertek - the G3 is too short to wear a surf belt.

fishermanjim
12-27-2007, 03:25 PM
i got the aqua skins ft. zipper jacket,,, very nice jacket,,, breathes well and keeps you warm in the late fall,,, was pricey but worth it

jim sylvester
12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
hey dex

why don't you try a straightjacket

see you tonight!!!!!!!

tattoobob
12-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I have the LL Bean Emerger, I like it and have used it for 7 years

no problems

BasicPatrick
12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I would wait until show season....Rumor has it Aquaskinz is coming out with two new tops and one is in the $100 class

decksweeper
12-28-2007, 08:59 AM
thanks for the input (Jim excluded)...I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know what I want and can't find a jacket that offers everything I'm looking for....Happy New Year!

luds
12-28-2007, 09:02 AM
thanks for the input (Jim excluded)...I've come to the conclusion that I don't really know what I want and can't find a jacket that offers everything I'm looking for....Happy New Year!

IMO you're better off looking for a breathable pullover with neoprene cuffs. You don't have to worry about water going through the zipper, they have semi sealed cuffs, and most importantly you can get your wading belt over it.

luds
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
You should check this out. I think they are no longer made so sizes are a little tough to come by but they're worth a shot.

I think Jim also said something about you really being into Mango so you're in luck.

http://www.rutabaga.com/product.asp?pid=1011588

decksweeper
12-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Luds, that thing looks pretty nice..I'll see what I can find as far as sizes go.

Mango!!...you know it...who doesn't like Mango? Considering Jim and I look like twins out there (cuz I basically buy everything he does), I need to change it up some.

RIROCKHOUND
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Good Idea!
You only need one Great Pumpkin out there!!! :D I can see him two beaches away!

I go for dark colors, they are slimming :D

Check Seirratradingpost.com I bought a light kayak drytop for the summer-time for short money. Not too warm but kept me reasonably dry.

jim sylvester
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Good Idea!
You only need one Great Pumpkin out there!!! :D I can see him two beaches away!

I go for dark colors, they are slimming :D

Check Seirratradingpost.com I bought a light kayak drytop for the summer-time for short money. Not too warm but kept me reasonably dry.

rotf:rotflmao:lmao
wtf is that all about

when you least expect it oak......the great pumpkin will get you