View Full Version : Rhode Island fishing with my 9 year old son

DanG
10-11-2000, 04:57 PM
Guys and women, I'm going to Rhode Island on Sunday, October 15 with my little boy. Where would we have the best chance of hooking up with fish at sunrise, Charleston or Watch Hill. Any advice, ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. My son loves to fish and I would hate for him to be dissapointed. Thanks to all.

chrisl
10-11-2000, 05:39 PM
Good for you Dan
I bring my 2 daughters out fishing when im fishing safely they are 2 and 6 . The 6 year old does well in fresh water a couple of small stripers shes hooked I hope . Go to this site and there is a post about both of those fabulous spots you mentioned
http://www.stripersonline.com topic is named worth a drive to RI But either of those spots would work . Ill let those that have fished there lately tell you what works
chris

JohnR
10-12-2000, 06:16 AM
Dan, you may wish to fish for shool bass and shad inside the Charlestown and Quonny ponds. These ponds are easier to fish than the beachfront and certainly safer than fishing from the rocks. You and your son will also run good chances of getting fish larger than schoolie size as well ;-)