View Full Version : airbrush

smitty919
12-29-2007, 02:07 PM
i took the plunge today and got one.
i said i was never going to get one but i cant keep up with some of you guys when i use only cans.

i got the badger 150-5 comes with every thing but the compresser got to love the 50% off coupon at michaels i saved $80.00

justplugit
12-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Congrats BFO. :btu: Enjoy. :)

smitty919
12-29-2007, 03:07 PM
this thing is hard to get a handel on to many parts lol.
what is the diffrent tips for i cant seem to tell the diffretn thay all spry the same.

justplugit
12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
There are some real fine Airbrush Gurus here, hope they chime in. :hihi:

I've found the med tip works for me on about 90% of the work.

fireman219
01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
The different tips allow/restrict the ammount of paint allowed to flow when you pull back the trigger on your dual action airbrush. When you begin using the airbrush alot you should be able to tell the difference between tips...Until then, I wouldn't worry much about all the differant tips.

Rockfish9
01-09-2008, 07:38 AM
i took the plunge today and got one.
i said i was never going to get one but i cant keep up with some of you guys when i use only cans.

i got the badger 150-5 comes with every thing but the compresser got to love the 50% off coupon at michaels i saved $80.00

I have the same brush, and you can bet your first born there is a HUGE differance in the tips... if you dont think so, try spraying pearlized paint through the fine tip..... then have fun cleaning the mess you created..... The medium tip is fine for most applications, I dont use the large tip, IMHO it just applies too much paint at once, sometime leading to paint runs, I use the fine for finish work like mouth detail or spots....

The brush isnt a bad tool, although, it can be tempermental at times, it tends to be a little fussy on paint mixture ( I dont use Createx, I use delta or Anitas) unlike my
cresenda 175 that would spray mud....but has a nasty habit of jabbing me when at rest with the needle, thus bending them...