View Full Version : X Box in the house

nightfighter
12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
My son got an X Box from his mom for Xmas. So now it's over my house for the weekend...
It has dominated the big TV......... seems we can't get a wireless hookup in his room????? Halo3 going on for hours....
And the NBA2K game got scratched in the machine???? Whole thing is pretty expensive for that, and not geting hook up where I want it, and having to pay a yearly fee for gold service..... what a racket

GonnaCatchABig1
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
the yearly fee is well worth the $60 or so. the servers are very reliable and always on and fast. (which is where the money goes) in almost 6 years i have never had a problem with that.

my xbox has chewed up a few discs too. its a very common problem. about one in every 10 gets chewed up. microsoft with replace damaged disc.. but only if they published it.
as long as you dont disturb the xbox with a game in it, its usually fine. for instance if you accidentally bump into it while its running, good bye disc.

overall its very fun and worth the cash. as pricey as it is to start. i love the thing.

EarnedStripes44
12-30-2007, 04:33 PM
equipment replacement - gotta have it. When I purchase mine, the sales clerk recommended it. He said, "we get 5 or 6 of these back a week with issues". If you don't get a lemon, enjoy it, well worth the price.

GonnaCatchABig1
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
equipment replacement - gotta have it. When I purchase mine, the sales clerk recommended it. He said, "we get 5 or 6 of these back a week with issues". If you don't get a lemon, enjoy it, well worth the price.

i've got one of the newer ones. no red ring of death yet.
the early versions were terrible. hardware failures all the time. but microsoft actually did the right thing and extended the warranty on them for like 6 years or something. you just send them back and they send you a brand new/refurbished one. usually takes like two weeks. but hey. its better than saying you crap outta luck.

some way some how microsoft is trying to do the right thing and i am amazed. not many gaming companies do that these days. EA being one i can think of off the top of my head. they have had to be the worst game publisher of the past two years. constantly dishing out broken\unfinished\deceptive (saying features are in the game that arnt or dont work) games all year. they have some good ones this year. but over all awful. and i was an EA fanboy for ever. :bc:

johnny ducketts
12-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I highly recommend the warranty.. It'll be worth it, even if you don't use it, it's piece of mind.

BrianS
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
COD4 > Halo3

but Halo3 still pwns.

:)

I wish I could play my xbox more.