View Full Version : Winterizing

5/0
12-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Anybody else winterize their stuff,or AM I just late?
It was a balmy 45 degrees out side today so I thought I take the time and pull the reels off & do some maintenance,like wash,de greese,clean,re lube,grease-em & put them back in their box.Then wash the poles down with soap water & a lite srcub with a toothbrush,then worked a coat of carranuba wax on them & store them for the winter.Man I miss fishing............
So how about you,you guy's do this already or Am I just late & anal?

5/0

BassDawg
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Doesn't sound anal to me,

and I like the idea of the carnuba wax; however i'll prolly stick with the PENN anti-corrosive spray.

And I have yet to winterize................dragging my feet a bit, or am I in denial that it really is winter :hee:??

Was thinking of throwing all my wood into the dishwasher, without the hooks of course, does anybody else think that's mental or just me :heybaby:?

Only 155 days to the dinks, 215 days til the COWS come home,
but ~hey~ who's counting :wave:?

striper97
12-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I thought i was the only one who washed and waxed his rods

tattoobob
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Turtle wax works great for rods

Zeno
12-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Does it look I even clean my stuff ,never mind winterize it ?
I know ,pretty pathetic :bshake:

Zeno
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
it gets worse

tattoobob
12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
I like the old style VS drags alot easier to take apart and clean on the spot.

striperman36
12-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Anybody else winterize their stuff,or AM I just late?
It was a balmy 45 degrees out side today so I thought I take the time and pull the reels off & do some maintenance,like wash,de greese,clean,re lube,grease-em & put them back in their box.Then wash the poles down with soap water & a lite srcub with a toothbrush,then worked a coat of carranuba wax on them & store them for the winter.Man I miss fishing............
So how about you,you guy's do this already or Am I just late & anal?

5/0

Do it before the game or during game

5/0
12-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm glad to see IM not alone......Thank's Guy's!
Nice pic of the VS spools BTW good looking counter top.

It felt weird putting the reel's back in their box's,here it is the end of December sunny & frickin 45 degrees and I'M putting the gear away,I wish it was spring:devil:!!!!
Anyway's after that I had a couple of coldies inspected all of the terminal gear organizing other tackle & chit and start making the "things to get" list for spring.

5/0

Back Beach
12-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Bob,

Your tackle looks like it belongs in a museum its so well maintained. You must be basting it in the turkey grease when noone is looking. :laugha:

5/0
12-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Bob,

Your tackle looks like it belongs in a museum its so well maintained. You must be basting it in the turkey grease when no one is looking. :laugha:

Turkey grease is a great preservative,maybe I should market it.
Speaking of turkey grease,are you ready?