View Full Version : Fluke in Stage Harbor

CaptMike
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey, was anyone fluking in the stage harbor/nantucket sound area this season? I fish out of chatham but until recently almost exclusively in the rips and in pleasant bay. I'm thinking about making some fluke trips this year. Thanks!

Hooper
01-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Mike the sound was decent this year, I spent most of my time out east, but I know a few guys who fish fluke commercially and they said it was a good year, can't say much more than that, except that it will be a long cold winter!

CaptMike
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM
you got that right. I've heard around the mouth of stage has been good. I'm gonna give it a shot if I'm having a bad striper day. I've certainly got plently of time to strategize!

keeperreaper
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
See the Meet and Greet post.

BassyiusMaximus
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
As I've been fluking the sound for about 20 years now, this was by far and away the best fluking season I've ever had. Not to mention that every time out, there were not other boats fishing anywhere near all the areas I fish. Could be the short season and the increase in size/decrease in take has been helping. Could have been the amazing amount of sand eels I had been seeing all season long. We could predict hooking up watching the sonar and when a massive bait ball would go under the boat, not long after we would all hook up, the fluke were following the sand eels.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/thundra04struck/flukeinbucket.jpg

At-Samn
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Try minnows as bait, works great......