View Full Version : Penn 706 "Pro" subject

Ken_J
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
This could be going somewhere guys!

Read and reply if interested.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?p=4422934#post4422934

If someone already linked this, sorry I didnt see it here.

Ken

Mike P
01-03-2008, 10:15 PM
I can tell you where it's going--absolutely nowhere. :hs:

Even if 500 people show an interest, there's every chance that Penn would have to retool to make the reels, and that ain't happening. The factory where they were made is closed--maybe even sold--and more than likely, all of the equipment was sold or scrapped, too. They're not even making parts for existing Spinfishers any more, from what I've been told.

K2 has no interest in building a $100 reel that will last for 30 years.

Clogston29
01-04-2008, 06:35 AM
what he said. crazy ideas like that pop up over there all the time, its best to just ignore them. how about the special run ryan smith darter :hihi:

Skitterpop
01-04-2008, 07:22 AM
I want gas for .69 a gallon, heating fuel for .99 a gallon, loaf of good bread for .23, and free top notch medical care, etc. etc.

Will I get them ? ................ not in this world in this time.

When times are tough and getting tougher all sorts of fantasies grow wings.

JohnR
01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
This could be going somewhere guys!

Read and reply if interested.

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/showthread.php?p=4422934#post4422934

If someone already linked this, sorry I didnt see it here.

Ken

While I think it would be interesting I don't see it is going to happen. Too many things against it. I do see the desire for it being a good indicator that we may eventually see something in a reliable, waterproof reel for less dough than a VS. When there is a market need, eventually there is someone that steps in to fill that need.

HESH2
01-04-2008, 09:27 AM
never going to happen,would have to guarantee a run of a few thousand.since mfg plant is closed and parts sold off,if ever china made on a large preorder.as i understand it in the past penn would meet tackle dealers at shows and ask how many they would take.large tackle dist would ask individual shops how many.it was from 1 dist over a 1000 reels.then they would do it,guarantee not USA.