View Full Version : Epoxy shortcut

nipideddee
01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I just tried out a new way of puting on the epoxy without getting the swivels coated as well. I took some shrink tubing that was just a little
loose then took a flame (charcoal grill lighter) to them and they now are protected and after the plug is dry just a slight pull and they come off and can be used over and over without getting the swivels gooky
on your plugs and a simple assortment of heatshrink you can fit the different size swivels you use. I am back after a partial lung removal and other than cabin fever doing fine---come on spring
nip

The Dad Fisherman
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I do the same thing with a piece of drinking straw....just don't heat it up. put it on than take it off when the epoxy dries

smitty919
01-04-2008, 03:58 PM
I do the same thing with a piece of drinking straw....just don't heat it up. put it on than take it off when the epoxy dries

i do the same i got tons of straw pices all over the place lol.:tooth:

nipideddee
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the straw deal as sounds a lot easier
Nip

Pete F.
01-04-2008, 04:24 PM
My wife asked me what I was doing with those short straws, I wonder what she was thinking?

Backbeach Jake
01-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Macdonalds straws fit the.341 belly grommet perfectly. Go in, get a Happy meal with about 40 straws. Cut them as needed in 1 1/2 inch bits, slide them into the grommet over the swivel. 40 straws is a 5 year supply for me. I like the shrink tube idea, maybe for the tail or nose wrap. Big stuff for lips, maybe. Thanks.

fishatin
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Partial Lung removal? Smoker?

nipideddee
01-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Quit smoking 22 years ago. coughing up blood and diagnostics showed from lung. They Removed 1/3 and no cancer but a mass removed. Doing fine and the Cabin fever has almost killed me since but still kicking and sure glad to have my shop to keep me busy as
new season ahead. Paint fumes? Lathe dust? epoxy? who knows but I wear a Evaporator about as much as I do my glasses as it is a life saver. So builders stay protected when using anything that is harmful
by taking all precautions necessary. Tight Lines
Nip

justplugit
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Good advice NIP, Thanks. Glad your feelin better. :btu:

ProfessorM
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Scary stuff. Glad the outlook is positive.