View Full Version : moass 08

A A L
01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Is anyone interested in doing the moass swap this winter. Tobias did one last year but said he doesn't have the time this year. I thought I could take care of it this year if anyone is interested. I know it is a little late so let me know if you want to participate. I thought that the March 25th could be the deadline. That way everyone could have the lures before fishing season really starts.

Anyone interested can pm me or email me. This is open to as many people as want in. If everyone gets them to my by the deadline date i will switch them and send them back out within a couple of days. Please remember to send a few bucks for shipping. I figured once we see how many people want to do this then I can figure out the shipping. The deadline for joining will be January 20th. This way everyone will have some time and we will know how many we need to make.

My email is alemirejr@cox.net. Suggestions welcome.

Flaptail
01-09-2008, 07:12 AM
MOASS killed this forum last year as to creativity and participation. Not a good idea.

Striperknight
01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
No offense but you want guys to turn over 30 plugs to a person with only 11 posts on this site? I think MOASS was an idea that has run its course.

JohnR
01-09-2008, 08:05 AM
AAL - Too late for MOASS anyway. And it was too much work for the guy that ran it and it was a ton of work for the guys that cranked out the wood. Sheeet, I even looked into buying the hooks for everyone's plugs and I was looking at $500+ in hooks wholesale.

You certainly have a couple options - come to PLugfest is number 1, you also could see if anyone else is interested in doing a small swap but keep in mind, most swaps are started in the fall to give people a chance to get them done over winter.

Woodbuster
01-09-2008, 08:30 AM
MOASS killed this forum last year as to creativity and participation. Not a good idea.

I don't agree with this sentiment at all, but everyone is entittled to thier own opinion.
I will however, be interested to see if we get more creativity and participation now that were not doing another one. Time will tell I guess.

The Dad Fisherman
01-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Start up a small swap, maybe 1/2 dozen plugs and see what happens. MOASS nearly killed me...I still wake up screaming it in my sleep :hee:

gldnbear93
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I've got 50 bodies turned, drilled and sealed. If anyone wants to do a small swap, 10-12 guys i'm up for it.

ProfessorM
01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I am up for a small swap. I am done with the 30 plus size swaps. I need the motivation to finish stuff but the large swaps are traumatizing for me, can't get anything else done. 10 is the max for me. Makes it too much like work and kills the fun right out of it. I like the swaps, just smaller ones. End of April would be a perfect time frame for me.

saltydog
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
:chatter WHY don't everyone bring one plug to the FEST an we can draw names a take turns comming up an picking a plug. if you like Ill stand there an take care of the whole thing. JOHN, if that sounds O.K.with you. just let me know, or maby someone has a better
Idear:wavey:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

The Dad Fisherman
01-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Nice idea...but...there are usually about 100 or more people at this thing, could take awhile :hee:

Lower
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
NO MOASS FOR ME!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! hahahaha. I am glad I was able to be a part of one though. It was really cool getting the box. What I realized during the season though, is I hardly had anything new of my own to fish. I don't make that many plugs, and everything I did make got shipped out (or hoed!) I'll do some smaller swaps in the future, but right now I have my hands full.

ThrowingTimber
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
11/21 youre asking how to paint lures...

and now you're expecting folks to sign up for a massive 20+ lure swap..... thats not how it goes.

Like others suggested, try starting a smaller swap with a few folks and see how that goes then go from there :hee:

Rockfish9
01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd be up for a 10 man swap, April gives me time to come up with something realy nice... I started working on my plugfest plugs last week, both the ones for Ho'ing and showing...:eyes:

justplugit
01-09-2008, 12:48 PM
MOASS nearly killed me...I still wake up screaming it in my sleep :hee:

LMAO, i thought i was the only one. :hihi:

Even now, everytime i look at my spinner i say,"what was i nuts or what. :D

eastendlu
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I was glad to be part of the moass swaps and have alot of nice plugs but i'm trying to concentrate on some protos that i have been trying to build for a while.If just one of these works out i'll be :happy:

Tagger
01-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm with Flap ... I also thought Moass killed the forum last year ,

Backbeach Jake
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Sorry, but I'm gonna bow out this time. Last year was fun and it was an honor to participate, but it was a lot of work to do that many the same and I ended up with very few to donate to the various causes that pop up. This year I think I'll get back to my pet producers and try some classics. Maybe throw in a few protos too. I just don't have 30 of the same in me this time. But to those who want to, have at it, it's your decision.

Flaptail
01-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Sorry, but I'm gonna bow out this time. Last year was fun and it was an honor to participate, but it was a lot of work to do that many the same and I ended up with very few to donate to the various causes that pop up. This year I think I'll get back to my pet producers and try some classics. Maybe throw in a few protos too. I just don't have 30 of the same in me this time. But to those who want to, have at it, it's your decision.

Frederick the Wise, King of Truro, Master of the Pamet, proclaimer of Truth!:claps:

Cranium
01-10-2008, 06:54 AM
I can honestly say, I would rather have a sharp stick jammed into my eyeball. That being said I might be ready next year, lol. AAL the problem is I usually only turn 30-50 plugs a year. By doing 30 of the same on time line, 1. I rush and they dont turn out the way I want. 2. I dont have time to make the plugs I want for the year. 3. absolutely no time for protos.

That being said, maybe next year

Tagger
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I can honestly say, I would rather have a sharp stick jammed into my eyeball.

:laugha::rotf3: I can relate to that ,,, funny stuff ..

ThrowingTimber
01-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Frederick the Wise, King of Truro, Master of the Pamet, proclaimer of Truth!:claps:

I LOVE it we should change his title :kewl:

Tagger
01-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I LOVE it we should change his title :kewl:

Do it !!! .... fits Jake/Fred to a tee ...

Backbeach Jake
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Does a pointy hat come with that title? I'd like to have one that fits for a change..

ProfessorM
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Help me Mr. Wizard

ThrowingTimber
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Do it !!! .... fits Jake/Fred to a tee ...

Eddie I dont think we have the buttons to edit the title, its really fitting though. :bgi:

A A L
01-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I understand that it is late in the season. If you guys still want to do a small swap it sounds good to me. If you guys would rather someone else take care of it because I am new to the site I understand and I will just participate.
I thought maybe a max of 10 to 12 people like you guys suggested and deadline some time in April. I will attach some pictures of the stuff I am doing so you can tell me what you think if you would like.

Please let me know what you guys want to do. Thanks

striperondafly
01-16-2008, 10:22 AM
If we do late april - and 10 -12 plugs I would be interested

NIB
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
MOASS sounds gay..Thats why I never did any..:D

Pete F.
01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
MOASS sounds gay..Thats why I never did any..:D
Rampant Homophobia

gone fishin