View Full Version : MSBA Show - What would S-Bers want?

JohnR
01-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Having some good and interesting discussions on the MSBA show with some MSBA folks (well, MSBA folks other than me :hee: as I'm a member but not an executive).

We have a good cross section of the fishing community represented here at Striped-Bass.com so I ask you, What would YOU like to see for Seminars? I have a couple ideas but I want to make sure I'm thinking in the right direction and I want to see what YOU all want.

The MSBA show has always done well asking OUR members for OUR opinion and I would like to kick that up a bit and get your opions for this years show regarding what you would like to see for seminars.

Thanks!

John

The Dad Fisherman
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
With the popularity of Z's book something on Plugging techniques would be good.

luds
01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Bring back the Bassmaster's plugging the cape presentation. I'd like to hear more about tobie maroo and whoziwatsies from the bargain bin @ walmart.....guys put bucktails on them and catch fish. That was a good one for sure.

I also like Flaptail's presentation from last year.

Basically anything to do with plugging or eeling the surf would be good. I'd also be interested to see a Crazy Al presentation as I have not heard him speak before.

nightfighter
01-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I think Slipknot should do his presentation on how to make millions by becoming a commercial plug bulider in just 5 weeks!:smash::rotf2:

JohnR
01-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all the serious answers :tooth:

Luds, TDF, I like the Plug / Surfcasting / Zeno bit ;)

The Iceman 6
01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I would like to see a presentation on wind conditions and the effect it has on fishing particular places...

BigBo
01-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I think there would be lots of interest on reading the water, structure, tides and currents, and how they affect your decision on bait presentation (be it plugs, eels, chunk, etc)

riverrat2
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
A presentation on how to buy and trade plugs. It seems to be the new rage

JohnR
01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I think there would be lots of interest on reading the water, structure, tides and currents, and how they affect your decision on bait presentation (be it plugs, eels, chunk, etc)

Good, good...

How about "How To" seminars where different people demonstrate different techniques. Not individual seminars so much as 3 or 4 different "stations" in a seminar where you can talk with a presenter, more one on one at each station? Does that sound workable?

nightfighter
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
How about Fishing Etiquette??? Both surf and boat. Personally I think it's worse on the boat...all these yahoos racing up to breaking fish at WOT, putting them down. Drives me nuts, as do other "infractions"

BigFish
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Ross.....:huh::eek5:...sounding like Clammer-Speak!

stripersnipr
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Harpoon IPA

freebie
01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
second on fishing etiquette, especially boat

GonnaCatchABig1
01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
i like the reading the water idea.. i have really lost my touch with that.
plug presentation seems like a must have.

DZ
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM

BigBo,
I'll be doing the following presentation at the SWE show Feb 9th in case you're interested:

"Moon, Tide, and Wind"

It will cover:

Moon Phase, Tides and Currents, and Wind Conditions are major factors that every surfcaster must contend with. They are always present.
Knowing more about them and how they inter-relate will make you a better surfcaster.
DZ

nightfighter
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Ross.....:huh::eek5:...sounding like Clammer-Speak!

Which part, Larry? Etiquette, boat, or yahoos?????????:wave:

tattoobob
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
BigBo,
I'll be doing the following presentation at the SWE show Feb 9th in case you're interested:

"Moon, Tide, and Wind"

It will cover:

Moon Phase, Tides and Currents, and Wind Conditions are major factors that every surfcaster must contend with. They are always present.
Knowing more about them and how they inter-relate will make you a better surfcaster.
DZ

Dennis I always learn alot from your talks, I have been waiting for this one sense it was posted a couple of months ago

wader-dad
01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
[/QUOTE]How about "How To" seminars where different people demonstrate different techniques. Not individual seminars so much as 3 or 4 different "stations" in a seminar where you can talk with a presenter, more one on one at each station? Does that sound workable?[/QUOTE]

I think that would be very good. Lets just say you had a guy at a table rigging sluggos, and a guy at a table doing korker modifications, and a guy tying teasers, and a guy turning plugs, and a guy making eelskin plugs, and a guy making bucktails all in one area. You could wander from table to table getting hands on advice and asking questions.

Fact is, I was at one like that 10 days ago and it was terrific.

tattoobob
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
As long as there isn't pictures of dead bass, I hate the presentations that they sit in front of you and show one dead fish after another like look at me I can catch big fish. I don't like guys who sit in front of you and brag

fishpoopoo
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
home made smelly jelly how-to.

JohnR
01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Who would you like to see?

keeperreaper
01-15-2008, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see something on yo-yoing!!!:hee::hee:

Clogston29
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
dollar drafts and wet t-shirt contests

Raider Ronnie
01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
I'd like to see something on yo-yoing!!!:hee::hee:

:eyes::hihi:

BigBo
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
BigBo,

"Moon, Tide, and Wind"

It will cover:

DZ

Thanks Dennis. As much as I'd like to be there, I probably won't be able to make it on that date. Should be a good presentation though with your knowledge. :btu:

NIB
01-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Ted Nugent, killin an grillin..

JamesJet
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
How about "How To" seminars where different people demonstrate different techniques. Not individual seminars so much as 3 or 4 different "stations" in a seminar where you can talk with a presenter, more one on one at each station? Does that sound workable?[/QUOTE]

I think that would be very good. Lets just say you had a guy at a table rigging sluggos, and a guy at a table doing korker modifications, and a guy tying teasers, and a guy turning plugs, and a guy making eelskin plugs, and a guy making bucktails all in one area. You could wander from table to table getting hands on advice and asking questions.

Fact is, I was at one like that 10 days ago and it was terrific.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great setup but tough to do with so many people. How many people were at the show you were at? I would love to see one on basic reel maintenance.

Given that I am unsure how all that would work - I would like a seminar on reading the water - even with a OTW phantom beach type approach

tattoobob
01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Sounds like the saltwater edge show

Striperhound
01-16-2008, 06:15 AM
wet suit fishing - safety-equipment

NIB
01-16-2008, 07:16 AM
I would like to hear Dennis Z..
While I find most seminars interesting I have a hard time sitting thru one without falling asleep.Usually I'm pretty tired as I get up around 2 am to make it up there for 9.They should be video'd an someone should market em or perhaps put em up like the SWE does on U tube..So I could see em again.There's not too much that garners my interest these days though.

xyzs
01-17-2008, 12:18 AM
how to > repair you reel - rap a rod- re rap maybe some older ones - pick the correct rods or reels for pluging - tossing eels,ect - use plugs - make plugs - read the water - use tins........... maybe some hands on casting if weather is nice........ hope this helps - see you at the show