View Full Version : Capt. Don Cameron..

afterhours
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
talked to capt don this am and he told me that he has some medical issues to face in the coming months. capt don is the best and please include him in your thoughts and prayers. the store will operate as usual including upgraded seafood dept - best steamers and lobbies around.

chris L
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
best o luck Don . keep your mind right

Rob Rockcrawler
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Never met the guy but from what everyone says about the shop he has to be a good guy. Get well soon.

BigFish
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Hope he has a full and speedy recovery Don! I know you always speak highly of him and his shop! T and P's sent.

JohnR
01-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Better get well Don or we'll have to come down and fix you ourselves! Not something you want to suffer through...

animal
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Don is a guy who would do anything for you,even if you're a stranger.I'm not a t-p kinda guy,but he deserves the best,lets give it to him.If you plan on visiting him,(I do)he likes cream,3 equals.

Vogt
01-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Good luck Don. What a great guy, always willing to help you out. I have nothing but great things to tell people about Don and his shop. Get well soon!

STREETFIGHT
01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
finest kind

STREETFIGHT
01-21-2008, 12:03 PM
hey Don, thought you might like an update- i saw cap'n this weekend @ the shop-he is holding up very well. i've never known anyone with such a positive attitude.

on top of everything else he had some pretty big leaks in the roof of the shop during the rain on friday- he was trying to get that sorted out while i was there....

thanks for the initial post i thought you were talking about the leg job he was scheduled for....

WadingWill
01-21-2008, 12:14 PM
I spoke with Capt Don yesterday and streetfight you're right, the man has a great attitude. Had I been there this weekend I may have been able to take care of his roof problems as I'm a roofer. His baitshop is the furthest one from me, yet I still make the drive to buy stuff from him cause he's that good of a guy, and I enjoy giving him my business. I wish him a speedy recovery and with the attitude and mindset that he has I know he will do well.

STREETFIGHT
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
wadingwill- the back part of his roof (the flat part) is whats leaking- he had someone there that was just going to tarp it off for him and hope it keeps the worst of it out till warmer weather gets here and he can "roll out" a new one w/ paper- what he really needs is someone w/ a hot tar machine to at least give it a good swab. if you have the machine and its not too much $$$ i'd be willing to kick in for the tar to help him out.

Fisherwoman
01-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Thoughts and Prayers go out to you Capt.:angel: Don for a speedy recovery

WadingWill
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
wadingwill- the back part of his roof (the flat part) is whats leaking- he had someone there that was just going to tarp it off for him and hope it keeps the worst of it out till warmer weather gets here and he can "roll out" a new one w/ paper- what he really needs is someone w/ a hot tar machine to at least give it a good swab. if you have the machine and its not too much $$$ i'd be willing to kick in for the tar to help him out.

We do have a kettle for hot tar but haven't used it in years. Stuff is really dangerous especially on a small roof such as that, I'd recommend a rubber roof. If he's only got one layer of roof up there you can go over it cheap. I'll look at it I'm going down there this week, if there is a quick fix I can do by all means I will free of charge. Streetfight off the top of your head do you know how big that flat roof is roughly? Trying to recall but I never really noticed, to busy looking at the stuff inside. I'll leave him a message and see if I can't go down there and help him out some.

STREETFIGHT
01-21-2008, 06:10 PM
its just a small back storage room-10 x 20 as a guess. he had one of his regular customers there and they went and got a tarp and a bundle of strips to tack it down with. if its not too big a job and you could do it right (or at least better) i'm sure he would apreciate it. if you end up doing anything pm me i'd be happy to kick a couple bucks in for materials.....

afterhours
01-21-2008, 06:18 PM
you guys are a okay! i'll have something for both of you at the risaa show....:humpty:

Swimmer
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Better get well Don or we'll have to come down and fix you ourselves! Not something you want to suffer through...

JR I'll sharpen up my tools. Let me know whats up and I run through a few of the "Med-Surg for Dummies" books I have. :musc:

Seriously t & p for Capt. Don.

scone
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
wadingwill, i've got some experience with the rubber if you pm me if and when you go up there i'd be glad to lend a hand.
the Cap'n is a good man.

We do have a kettle for hot tar but haven't used it in years. Stuff is really dangerous especially on a small roof such as that, I'd recommend a rubber roof. If he's only got one layer of roof up there you can go over it cheap. I'll look at it I'm going down there this week, if there is a quick fix I can do by all means I will free of charge. Streetfight off the top of your head do you know how big that flat roof is roughly? Trying to recall but I never really noticed, to busy looking at the stuff inside. I'll leave him a message and see if I can't go down there and help him out some.

WadingWill
01-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Streetfight thanks for the info, thats a small roof, ideally I'd like to go there, find the leak, make a temporary repair, then install a rubber roof in march when it warms up a little cause the adhesives aren't meant to be put down below freezing. I called and left the Capt a message I'm going down this weekend, most likely saturday. I'll bring the stuff to make the repairs and measure it while I'm there, then I'll come up with the material price and see what we got. I would do it sooner but I herniated a disc in my back last week and would like to give a couple more days to heal.
Scone I won't need a hand on Saturday as I'll just do a small repair, but if/when I do the roof I might need a helping hand, I'll pm you and thanks for you offer of help.
Afterhours thankyou for bringing this to our attention, and I'll see you at the Risaa show and the SWE one if your there.

STREETFIGHT
01-22-2008, 10:23 AM
sounds like a plan Will- thanks.

Saltheart
01-22-2008, 10:23 AM
get well soon capt don.

Zeno
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Don is a good man ,we could use more like him in this sport
I wish him well

Gunpowder
01-22-2008, 03:33 PM