View Full Version : Boston Boat Show

nightfighter
01-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Anyone been? Any feedback? Thinking of heading in after work this afternoon........

MrHunters
01-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Went last night, If you went last year... not much has changed.... still nice to dream though.

There is a new maker of Cat boats from South Africa... the name escapes me at the moment.

eelman
01-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Went last night, If you went last year... not much has changed.... still nice to dream though.

There is a new maker of Cat boats from South Africa... the name escapes me at the moment.

They are M2motoryahts...Come in 21 foot CCs, absolutley awesome boats! Price is high, 52K....Got invited on a test ride last week,They keep one in East Greenwich harbor, what a boat! awesome fishing machine!I thought it was the best boat at the Providence boat show , however to rich for my blood.

MrHunters
01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
They are M2motoryahts...Come in 21 foot CCs, absolutley awesome boats! Price is high, 52K....Got invited on a test ride last week,They keep one in East Greenwich harbor, what a boat! awesome fishing machine!I thought it was the best boat at the Providence boat show , however to rich for my blood.

that be the one... they also had a picture of the 60ft :eek5::eek5::eek5: 2.2mil
I'll take 3

the 21ft weighs 2800lbs and has 3 "fins/hydrofoils" one attached between the two sponsons... pretty cool.

Uncle Matt
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I went last weekend and foot traffic picked up in the afternoon. Get there early if you want to see the boats before the baby carraige crowd arrives. Kids and shoes were everywhere in the afternoon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm always kicking the tires and wanting to upgrade but I suffered from a little sticker shock after the show. Lots of boats had triples and it seems like all of the boats are starting around $135,000-140,000 and up. Heading into a possible recession and with gas prices inching closer to $3.25 a gallon, I'll stay with what I have.