View Full Version : John You closed it? well, here is what you asked for

eelman
01-18-2008, 07:21 AM
Before I could give a response? I was in bed already....

I will opolojize for the tone of that post. I dont know any of those mods personaly so I cant make a judgement as to that or to there agendas, I am sure you used sound judgement picking them.

So I opolijize for giving my opinion which I was asked to give, I am sure they are all good people and what I said is not based in any part on fact ! For those I offended I am sorry....

This does not change my opinions as far as motives however, I have a right to that...John, its ok to have an opinion you know, you can call it narrow minded etc...But prove otherwise...after all the buck stops with you and one man making the calls isnt always right? you also see things the way you see them...doesnt mean everyone else is wrong? I want my opology for posting a Vid That aired on TV for enjoyment, I want my opology from slander by Choggieman, Krispy, Spence, among others who, in your words "piled on" Those posts are just allowed to ride! If you read them you may see why I would get upset, someone posted a complete lie , I responded and I am opologizing??? Thats how twisted this is , You may be able to see why I think the way I do..It seems to happen to me this way and me alone, which leads me to think it is definatly a set up each and every time....And also makes me think the way I posted about mods....If they do there job they would at least pull baseless, slanderous, abusive posts by those who made them....They do not..Thats all I see it

Anyway I have said I am sorry.....

NIB
01-18-2008, 08:02 AM
If u ask me Bill.
Ok, I know u did not ask..
Anyways I will thro out my 2 cents.
I have met U In person ur demeanor is so much more relaxed..
Why bother replying to every tom, #^&#^&#^&#^&, an harry that has a problem with u.Ur Not gonna change.U do what u want.Going back an forth,,U just fuel the flames..U should be confident enough in urself.To be able to just laugh it off.

eelman
01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
If u ask me Bill.
Ok, I know u did not ask..
Anyways I will thro out my 2 cents.
I have met U In person ur demeanor is so much more relaxed..
Why bother replying to every tom, #^&#^&#^&#^&, an harry that has a problem with u.Ur Not gonna change.U do what u want.Going back an forth,,U just fuel the flames..U should be confident enough in urself.To be able to just laugh it off.

I am trying to figure that out myself!! I cant help it and seem to be easily drawn in...its a hard habit to break...Your right its imposible to defend every single thing when its one against many..I hope I CAN TAKE THOSE WORDS AND USE THEM!It works to because I always come out on the losing end!

fishaholic18
01-18-2008, 08:18 AM
It works to because I always come out on the losing end!

U just think u do Bill...U really don't...Like I said to u, Chill and have fun with it Bill, don't take internet words personal, they usually aren't meant to be, they are usually just meant to get a reaction, believe me..I know this..LOL:humpty::wave:

JohnR
01-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Before I could give a response? I was in bed already.... I closed the thread so it wouldn't be a circus act overnight

I will opolojize for the tone of that post. I dont know any of those mods personaly so I cant make a judgement as to that or to there agendas, I am sure you used sound judgement picking them.

So I opolijize for giving my opinion which I was asked to give, I am sure they are all good people and what I said is not based in any part on fact ! For those I offended I am sorry....
Why is that there is always an agenda? Granted, some people seem to have an agenda, guys you mention in this post clearly, you seem to have an agenda, but why is it that when the bleep hits the fan, it is always the site's fault, my fault, or the moderators fault?

This does not change my opinions as far as motives however, I have a right to that...John, its ok to have an opinion you know, you can call it narrow minded etc...But prove otherwise...after all the buck stops with you and one man making the calls isnt always right? you also see things the way you see them...doesnt mean everyone else is wrong? I want my opology for posting a Vid That aired on TV for enjoyment, I want my opology from slander by Choggieman, Krispy, Spence, among others who, in your words "piled on" Those posts are just allowed to ride! If you read them you may see why I would get upset, someone posted a complete lie , I responded and I am opologizing??? Thats how twisted this is , You may be able to see why I think the way I do..It seems to happen to me this way and me alone, which leads me to think it is definatly a set up each and every time....And also makes me think the way I posted about mods....If they do there job they would at least pull baseless, slanderous, abusive posts by those who made them....They do not..Thats all I see it

Anyway I have said I am sorry.....

You have a right to an opinion and we clearly see your opinion all the time. Sometimes people agree with it and sometimes people don't. And sometimes people unfairly trash you and sometimes you unfairly trash other people.

What set me off this time, and something I will not accept, is when people trash these moderators. They bend over backwards putting up with unnecessary crap. To get dragged out on the mat for something "not based in any part on fact" is unacceptable.

For those that want to pile on for sport and would rather fuel a war for sport, I'm done with that too (Choggieman, Krispy in just this latest round), we are done with that. Participate because you want to participate. If you want to pile on for sport - do it somewhere else.

We are all supposed to be adults here, and not act like kids on a elementary school playground or Romper Room.

I'm going to work now and I will digest this all as time allows. For the moment - ZERO battles on this topic. If you want to PM me or the mods, that's OK.

Thanks

RIJIMMY
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I too demand an apology from Spence for all his silly ramblings. Somehow this is all his fault.

Skitterpop
01-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Bill:

Always come out on the losing end??????

On tv, writing articles, speaking engagements, catching fish of a lifetime repeatedly, got some good friends and they fish....how is this losing?

You say you don`t care what others say or think.... then don`t care.

You need to not only listen to your own heart but abide by it. Also listen to Clammer.... really listen.

You have got so much that is good in your life.... wrap your arms and mind around that and stay focussed.

Now go get that 70# plus this year :musc:.

and yes Spence is evil :wavey:.

chris L
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
cashmere is all about cashmere and fisheggs

and plaid

and the gap

oh and sweaters tied around a mans neck :yak::yak:

Krispy
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
To blame me for the direction that other thread went is absurd. I initially replied q my opinion in regard to spot burning, which I stand behind. And as usual it turns into a me me I I thread. I never responded to anyone and kept to the topic as posted even after I was unduly attacked.
Its all about the celebs, me me me. Its a me culture these days and that's clearly reflected in this site
Don't bother replying, sadly I'm done here. Adios

chris L
01-18-2008, 10:40 AM
do you wear cashmere ? I dont my shoes are blue and my laces are untied .

bart
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
don't go Krispy! :bsod:

spence
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM

and plaid

and the gap

oh and sweaters tied around a mans neck
Finally a voice of reason.

-spence

flatts1
01-18-2008, 11:34 AM
I am trying to figure that out myself!! I cant help it and seem to be easily drawn in...its a hard habit to break...Your right its imposible to defend every single thing when its one against many..I hope I CAN TAKE THOSE WORDS AND USE THEM!It works to because I always come out on the losing end!

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&,

We've never met, but I'm one of your bigger fans. I'm talking since way back when SB was running Ultraboard for its forum software.

On the one hand, you are remarkably accomplished, on the other hand you are as humble as they come.

I would put you in the top three folks who I look forward to reading most. You take such a candid/no-bs/common-man approach that is so rare on many fishing boards these days.

And I'll just leave that at that.

You're a good teacher. Keep that up.

Best,
Mike F.

Saltheart
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm a little disappointed at the moderator references Bill. Unless you have done it for a while , you have no idea how hard it can be to walk the line between being fair and being a heavy handed moderator. There are so many people and such varied personalities that there can not be a set formua or agenda for moderation. We just do the best we can and try to keep the best interest of the site foremost .

Goose
01-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm guilty, my clothes smells like gas. Even though these type threads beat the dead hoarse it still strikes a nerve to alot of us. My problem is I need to learn more from the guys who don't post or don't post much.

Swimmer
01-18-2008, 11:38 AM

and plaid

and the gap

oh and sweaters tied around a mans neck :yak::yak:

Funny post...........:bgi:

fishpoopoo
01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
ptoeey. make me a mod, and i'll give bill a REAL reason to beef. :jester::faga:

(u know i'm just kiddin, right) :wave:

piemma
01-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I want a apology from Spence for his uncalled for post.:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

eelman
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&,

We've never met, but I'm one of your bigger fans. I'm talking since way back when SB was running Ultraboard for its forum software.

On the one hand, you are remarkably accomplished, on the other hand you are as humble as they come.

I would put you in the top three folks who I look forward to reading most. You take such a candid/no-bs/common-man approach that is so rare on many fishing boards these days.

Best,
Mike F.

Thanks Man! good to hear something positive..I have always tried to have a "common man approach" and I have always told it like it is..I am not afraid to be candid and most importantly to tell the truth...

Lots of people say this and that because there are other motives, an example may be, say you caught your fish on this or that plug and your supply is free, pose with a picture of a certain builders plug in a bass's mouth and you will get on the cover of a catalog are magazine..It happens so much its unreal..I know many who have caught there fish with bait but say otherwise...Anyway I tell the truth...If a certain plug doesnt work...I say so, if I caught a fish on a bunker, I say so, If I dont like certain manufactures clothing or tops, or waders ....I say so...I only would endorse what truly works and gives someone the best shot at a trophy bass or a consitant night..I have taken alot of heat for that, I have also been personally asked to say I caught a fish on a certain plug, I will not do it...I stand on my beliefs....and could care less what I get free out of it...or worse yet put money in someone elses pocket based on a lie or falsehood...If you like you like it, if you dont , you dont...One thing is for sure, I will do the best I can to help someone catch a fish by the means that will work whatever they will be....Never based on hawking something for someone else..When I do give info I give info not the run around....They are the things that have worked for me time and again..and the truth always wins in the end....I would not argue with someone who has had success but rather learn from it......If a certain plug is working, I will say so, if its eels or bunker , I will say so...anyway I live by that..

When someone does ask me to see a different point of view I try but then I look back and see a couple of 50lb fish a 60lb fish countless 30s and 40lb fish and I ask myself? what could I have done better? I will take my way...

If plugs were the way there I would certainly go that route....but it is what it is and the fish speak for themselves...

So, I can only give advice based on what I have done and the paths I have taken...some like that route some dont..Thats why its a free country....But to knock a guy for using bait and somehow imlying its not a good way to fish is crazy....all the other fishing skills aply...wind tide fish movements etc...On top of that you need to keep a close eye on the bait also, its enviroment etc...

Anyway, I tell it the way I see it...listen dont listen..its the way I know and thats all it is...

piemma
01-18-2008, 01:22 PM
To blame me for the direction that other thread went is absurd. I initially replied q my opinion in regard to spot burning, which I stand behind. And as usual it turns into a me me I I thread. I never responded to anyone and kept to the topic as posted even after I was unduly attacked.
Its all about the celebs, me me me. Its a me culture these days and that's clearly reflected in this site
Don't bother replying, sadly I'm done here. Adios

Krispy, you'll be back. I'll bet on it. You are a good guy and won't let something as stupid as these fun for all threads bother you. Come on, lighten up!

1dozenraw
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I think that you all deserve honorary memberships to the Rhode Island Forum on Stripers on Line.

Meanwhile, personally I'm glad Bill gave up fishing from the beaches and jetties.

Ask me why. Bill knows. Thanks Bill.

I don't have the time, desire or stamina to read all these posts and threads. Just a comment about Bill's last post. I fish plugs. I know that I don't catch as many fish as guys who fish the jetties with eels or from boats live lining. But I like plugs and plug fishing. I think it is the most fun for me.

Bill was real fair dealing with me.

If I wanted to learn something about certain spots and certain types of fishing, I would put him at the top of the "like to go out with him list".

Don't tell anyone, but I have noticed that he seems a bit intense and I don't think he abides fools real well, but that's just my observation. I managed to deal pretty well with him by taking him seriously and not acting like a fool. That worked fine.

Who the heck is Quonnie Bill?:eyes:
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=25365&stc=1&d=1200681779

eelman
01-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Wow, almost forgot about that Rod, brings back good memories! Had many memroble nights at quanny with that Rod, a few 40s were taken on it:uhuh: Hopefully its got some real good Mojo for you! many many years ago...long before it became to zoo it is now...Lots of nice fish there, I knew every rock , nook and crannie in that Breachway..It was good..

That was the Nickname "before" the nickname and Tim Coleman coined that one also! I was also using eels at that time but I fished there so much Tim Just blurted it out one night and it stuck for a few years...anyway thats the story behind that story...That was also my favorite surf rod of all time!

Skitterpop
01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow, almost forgot about that Rod, brings back good memories! Had many memroble nights at quanny with that Rod, a few 40s were taken on it:uhuh: Hopefully its got some real good Mojo for you! many many years ago...long before it became to zoo it is now...Lots of nice fish there, I knew every rock , nook and crannie in that Breachway..It was good..

Hi Bill,

You`re ok. Someone takes a swing at you you swing back.

How many kids in your family and what astrological sign are you? And no I`m not going to ask you out for a drink :usd:.

Mike

eelman
01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi Bill,

You`re ok. Someone takes a swing at you you swing back.

How many kids in your family and what astrological sign are you? And no I`m not going to ask you out for a drink :usd:.

Mike

??? I am confused?? That acually was my Rod, I sold it to him awhile back...No swing it is the true...That was my rod for a long time..

I am one of three but I am the favorite:bo:

1dozenraw
01-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes he did... mine now. :btu:

Nebe
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I have a very rare autographed 'Billy band' pair of womans panties :hihi: (another coleman nick name)

Skitterpop
01-18-2008, 03:38 PM
??? I am confused?? That acually was my Rod, I sold it to him awhile back...No swing it is the true...That was my rod for a long time..

I am one of three but I am the favorite:bo:

Just meant about the fighting post stuff...nothing about the rod :)

cow tamer
01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
reads like a Seinfeld episode

1dozenraw
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
reads like a Seinfeld episode

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Mike P
01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I've seen the "Quonnie Bill" rod. Nice rod. Loomis or Sabre, I forgot which.

Bill, the Nibula is a wise man. He gives good advice. Roll with the punches. I learned how--you can too. ;)

chris L
01-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a very rare autographed 'Billy band' pair of womans panties :hihi: (another coleman nick name)

but tim didnt wear them panties ? correct ?

piemma
01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Can you guys imagine Tim Coleman, Bill Nolan and Steve Mckenna all fishing Quonnie the same tide? Stuff legends are made of. I'm a hack compared to these guys and I have 20 fish over 40 in the surf.

spence
01-18-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm a hack compared to these guys and I have 20 fish over 40 in the surf.
Then what does that make me? :sick:

-spence

1dozenraw
01-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I've seen the "Quonnie Bill" rod. Nice rod. Loomis or Sabre, I forgot which.

The one with "QB" on it is maroon, so I guess it's the Sabre. The other one (right next to it in my rod rack) is the Loomis I believe. Like I said, I'm real glad he quit beach/rock fishing. :)

Pete F.
01-18-2008, 09:35 PM
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&,

Best,
Mike F.
Does this qualify as "UNABASHED RUMP SWABBERY"?
Who's line is that anyways?
Bill, While I reserve the right to disagree with you, I always enjoy and learn something from your posts.

Dad 818
01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, check your PMs

NIB
01-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Does this qualify as "UNABASHED RUMP SWABBERY"?
Who's line is that anyways?
Bill, While I reserve the right to disagree with you, I always enjoy and learn something from your posts.

I invented that..:hihi:

eelman
01-19-2008, 06:29 AM
The one with "QB" on it is maroon, so I guess it's the Sabre. The other one (right next to it in my rod rack) is the Loomis I believe. Like I said, I'm real glad he quit beach/rock fishing. :)

Its a sabre

missing link
01-19-2008, 06:12 PM
? is ther spell check here?