View Full Version : I can't believe

mikecc
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I just passed on 2 tickets to the Pats game this weekend.:wall::wall::wall: WHAT WAS I THINKING

BigFish
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
You were thinking how much it would suck sitting in -15 degree windchill all afternoon when you can be warm and comfy by your television and fridge at home! And think of the money you saved?!?!? Who the hell would pay big bucks to freeze their tatas off at the game??? Not this guy!:)

Slipknot
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I guess you were not thinking Mike.

I have only missed one home playoff game since 1995
It's quite a different experience actually being there for a championship game, well worth the cold temps.
It won't be as cold Sunday as it was in 2003 against the Titans in that divisional round game, I think that game it was 2 degrees with a wind chill below minus 15. brrrrrrr

I can't wait for Sunday at 3

Slipknot
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Who the hell would pay big bucks to freeze their tatas off at the game??? Not this guy!:)

I only payed 100 bucks not big bucks :)
and I will dress for the weather and not freeze :D
Gonna be a great game

ProfessorM
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
You are braver than me Bruce. I look forward to sitting on the couch. I can take cold weather but add a 5 mph wind and I am whinning. It will be the wind that will be killer.

Slipknot
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
The crowd usually cheers louder when a gust of wind blows at those cold games.

Brave has nothing to do with it. Gotta be there to support the team.

mikecc
01-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't have a problem with the cold.
I can sit in a tree stand 4-5 hours in that tempature with out moving . I think I could go to the game

Flaptail
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Me and LaFleur will be there. Look for two ice fisherman. :bl:

BrianS
01-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Funny
I just passed on a ticket as well

Granted its because at 1pm tomorrow ill be on my way to Florida for training... So ill be missing BOTH games on TV.. I cursed my boss for not setting us up with JetBlue

splshnplug
01-19-2008, 04:55 PM
it's funny mike. yesterday nobody wanted to go. today everyone wants the tickets.

tper
01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I enjoy the games more at home -- better food warm -- more friends and the beer is cheap --- GO PATS

Gunpowder
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
ive never been to a pats game but.... i cant complain sitting in my warm house in a lazyboy chair watching the game on a high def 42" plasma with surround sound. i can hear bruschi coming from a mile a way and rivers will not have even known yet :)

spence
01-19-2008, 06:27 PM
ive never been to a pats game but.... i cant complain sitting in my warm house in a lazyboy chair watching the game on a high def 42" plasma with surround sound. i can hear bruschi coming from a mile a way and rivers will not have even known yet :)
I've been to a number (ok, not great number but...) of pro games from a variety of sports.

There certianly is something magical listening to Fenway sing Sweet Caroline or go nuts for the Pats.

But that being said, I can't imaging doing it on a routing basis. For the money of attending a single football game I can watch from my perfectly comfortable living room eating and drinking the best money can offer. I get instant replay, don't have to pay 9 dollars for a beer and if I did choose to eat fries or nachos...

They won't get cold walking to my seat :hee:

Oh, did I mention there's no waiting in traffic and I'm home early for the late games!

-spence

Dad 818
01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
I guess you were not thinking Mike.

I have only missed one home playoff game since 1995
It's quite a different experience actually being there for a championship game, well worth the cold temps.
It won't be as cold Sunday as it was in 2003 against the Titans in that divisional round game, I think that game it was 2 degrees with a wind chill below minus 15. brrrrrrr

I can't wait for Sunday at 3

Slip, you tailgating before the game? We'll be in P10. Look for a big yellow/white enclosed tent and stop by and say hi.

That Tennessee game was farging cold!! Friggin' beers were freezing before you could take 2 swigs. The 3 of us that go would crack a beer and each take a huge chug. You couldn't drink a beer by yourself (unless you shotgunned it and we had bottles) And all this was being next to a 55 gallon drum with a fire in it.

Dad 818
01-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Me and LaFleur will be there. Look for two ice fisherman. :bl:

flip, above invite is for you as well.

Slipknot
01-19-2008, 08:44 PM
we were in P10 last week, usually try to get P11
Have fun enjoy the game

GonnaCatchABig1
01-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I've been to a number (ok, not great number but...) of pro games from a variety of sports.

There certianly is something magical listening to Fenway sing Sweet Caroline or go nuts for the Pats.
-spence

nothing beats fenway. i almost tear up every time i walk out and see the field. it's amazing how all the emotions seem to stay in that park. and boy are there alot of them. atleast there were, i havent been since alcs 04. so it is possible that the park has changed its energy.