View Full Version : 4 days of fishing in heaven

scortoncreekkid
09-30-2002, 10:09 PM
just got back from the creek!!! what a 4 day weekend. caught big blues on friday!! caught big blues on saturday & hooked on to some big stripers. sunday morning first light at high tide one of the guys that came down for the sunday fishin caught his first striper a 40" cow over 35lbs. my wife lost a big blue in the creek it was the size of HER leg, also she got her fist striper over 30" on saturday. monday was a zen day nice time to fish but no hook ups. anybody got any news about your weekend of fishin? also the wekend cost me one orvis fly rod ( $470.00 ) broken by mr. blue fish & 2 sink tip fly lines (cut off by blues). THE KID

jeffsod
10-01-2002, 01:17 PM
I never made it down that way as I had a project going on at home and the surf was up in little compton so had to get wet as its been a while. I may head over to Sandwich creek tonight after dark if I can sneak out. Great report on your weekend. Orvis should warranty that rod no problem. Just send it back up to Vermont. Any Orvis dealer can ship it back for you too.

scortoncreekkid
10-02-2002, 03:57 PM
JEFFSOD. Thanks for the shout back. Many a looker but no one answers the call but YOU. Well that will end the open line on whats happen at the creek. Send me an e-mail at aol and I'll give you the 411 on creek on the qt. Hope you got out to wet a fly or two. Hope to see you soon at the creek. Sorry saltydog you to answered the call, hope to get to your shop soon. keep on keeping on for the B F T'S. THE KID

jeffsod
10-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Well, Didn't make it the other night but regretted it so heard of fish biting in the canal so took the tip and meet up with a couple others for an hour and a half last night and was well worth the trip. I only got a couple of fish myself but plenty of action overall. No flyfishing though which is what I really live for big fish on the fly.

scortoncreekkid
10-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Ok JEFFSOD great to hear you got out to wet a line and got some hook ups . I'm headed for the cape friday night. I'm going to call orvis to see how long it is going to take to get a new rod. I sure could use that 10'er in a big wind this saturday.Got a 4 day weekend coming up next week.Hope to have it by then ( big hope). See you on the BEACH. tight lines and get your backing wet!!! THE KID.

Yuletide
10-13-2002, 07:49 PM
:)

I've heard alot of good things re: scorton creek from my brother who fishes there often (he lives nearby).

Looks like I'll have to check it out!

:ss:

scortoncreekkid
10-14-2002, 03:31 PM
YULETIDE come on down, your running out of time. the kid p.s. GET YOUR BACKING WET.