View Full Version : Commercial License

Tattoo
10-01-2002, 09:10 AM
OK, so as we all know kids are expensive, so expensive that it makes some of us wonder how you can afford one. Which brings up this question......

So I get this idea to start shelfishing for some extra cash / formula / diapers.

Call DEM and they say dont hold your breath trying to get a license. No licenses have been given out to the new guys in three years. They do plan on a new management plan starting on January 1, but nothing has been said in regards to letting new guys in.

Now what?:smash:

bloocrab
10-01-2002, 09:17 AM
...since when do you need a license to make babies???:happy:

....networking ;) ....a friend tells a friend tells a friend...no license needed!!! Its just not a consistent thing.

or...Go work for WallyWorld :cool: or Benny's :D...that way you could let me know about the clearance sales....

...or you could just go flip some burgers with Ronald :happy:

....you could always sell your gear, seeing as how you haven't been using it :eek: :laughs:

bloocrab
10-01-2002, 09:18 AM
..aren't I just full of ideas....

JohnR
10-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Turn more plugs?

RI is working on new proceedures for shellfish licensing (some info: http://www.ci.uri.edu/projects/rifish/Subcommittees/SC.htm ).

When the RI Rec SW license debates were going on, there was also a schedule for commercial licensing changes. One of the programs that was discussed last year was allowing an apprentice license with lower allowable catch than a regular license. That may or may not even be made available. There also may be an attrition factor that 2 regular license holders might need to exit the fishery before one new license holder can enter...

I'm sure a lot has gone on since then as they are a few months from starting the new regs...

Tattoo
10-01-2002, 09:49 AM
....you could always sell your gear, seeing as how you haven't been using it

Lets just say that a nearby bridge had some things I couldn't move........kinda like the night of the speeding ticket....but I'm googan, so don't listen to me.

So basically I'm up the creek without a paddle on the shellfishing.....

John, people don't buy plugs in the winter.

NEXT IDEA.......:confused:

Bill L
10-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Tatoo, I don't have any ideas, but I could use some plugs now. Any chance your gonna be at the Rhody Leg with a few? I havn't seen anything but pictures, but thems some fine looking plugs :D

Goose
10-01-2002, 09:52 PM
Yo Mike, the sayin goes...."if you do what you love you won't have to work a day in your life" Sell your product! What da you gotta loose? Da da darn thing.....there is $$ to be made in plug bussiness

U
S
E

T
H
I
S

T
H
E
O
R
Y

V
V
V

(it works)

V
V
V

shore manic
10-01-2002, 09:55 PM
i don't know about anybody else but i would be more than willing to buy some plugs. even in winter,spring summer or fall!!!!!

nor-easter
10-01-2002, 10:04 PM
I buy Plugs whenever I can find some for sale.

You don't want to sell em, then let me know what formula and diapers you want and we can barter, swap, trade, what ever!

flatts1
10-02-2002, 05:56 AM
Speaking of making money in the plug business...

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1865341348

I think I'm in the wrong line of work.

Tattoo
10-02-2002, 07:52 AM
Sorry fellas but I have a wedding to attend to this weekend and wont be making the shindig....but if your interested, my pm's work :D

Clammer
10-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Mike , January Will be the first time to get a license, But you,ll have to pick your fishing method,etc,rod & reel shellfishing
No more mulipurpose licenses like they are now [Grandfathered

BUy boat all ready to go , I<ll even sell all the gear /including the wench that has less than 10 hours on it

good Luck

;) ;) ;) ;)

JohnR
10-04-2002, 07:46 AM
/including the wench that has less than 10 hours on it That's WINCH, OK?
W_I_N_C_H not "wench with 10 hours"

I'm still :laughs: MAO

Van
10-04-2002, 07:52 AM
10 hours is pretty low usage for a wench isn't it ???;)

Tattoo
10-04-2002, 08:26 AM
Clammer,

Whats this wench look like??? I am sure JohnR will agree that towards the end of pregnancy any port in the storm starts to look damn good. It's like closing time at the bar and everyone looks good all the time. :D

Fishpart
10-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Mike, after fishing three mornings this week and now this Saturday I'll be needing one and one with only ten hours is even better///////

You diggin??

Clammer
10-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Welcome Back ================ _ _ _ _ you guys//

JohnR you better go to Naps/cause the knife is being sent in the direction of your line/////////////////////

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: