View Full Version : New Truck

Gunpowder
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
This is my new beach babe. I've always wanted to own my own truck and had been looking for a Bronco for a while. One day, I'm working with my dad in RI and a regular customer (who is a car dealer) of his pulls up to D&L and is in a Ford 96' Bronco. He says he just picked it up in Falmouth and was bringing it back to his dealership to put it out for sale. (This is where I began to :drool:). I asked him how much he wanted he said $1000.00. I asked him jokingly if he pushed it to the store, but to my surprise everything had passed inspection. I wrote him the check after looking at it and she allllllll mine now :jump:

Heres a pic of her:

Zeno
01-22-2008, 03:28 PM
nice !!!
Good luck with it

Gunpowder
01-22-2008, 03:29 PM
hoping it wont rust from underneath me but...... i did only pay a grand :)

afterhours
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
had one for years! great truck, good luck!

saltfly
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
it's the last year they were made.I had an 86 for ten years it was a great beach ride with loads of room.I drive a 96 f250 after that one.I'd buy a bronco in a minute if they were still made.Just keep the bottom of the tailgate real clean[the side you can't see].GOOD LUCK!

tattoobob
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Great truck, Good luck with it

I have been looking for a set of those rims, for my F-350
they are worth the price you paid for the Bronco

Squid kids Dad
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Nice..Good luck and enjoy:sled:

jimmy z
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Sounds good to me.:claps:

5/0
01-23-2008, 06:08 AM
For a grand.....man you can't beat that:bo:
Good luck w/ her!

5/0

Katie
01-23-2008, 06:10 AM
sweet deal. my mom had an 88 bronco for 13 years or so. great trucks

Raven
01-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Gunpowder?

if your worried about salt rot don't be...

everything you need to beef it up (repair) is at
home depot...

i had a van that had full sharks mouth wide gaping hole's all the way around it ... on every door and on the sides too

all i did was take sheet metal L - shaped for duct work ...and cut it to fit over the side panel bottoms first ....(dry fit) then i mounted it with self tapping hex head screws with a good bead of liquid nails panel adhesive in between

after the glue set up....on the following day

i grind off the hex head smooth so there's still like a rivet head (thickness) still left there ok... and then i scratch up the metal with an awl in grid fashion (tic tac toe)

then with a previous thin coat of bondo (resin based) on the surrounding car body above the sheet metal patch... and a thin coat applied to the sheet metal now all scratched up...

you can scratch that up before it dries too....(the Bondo layer)
and fiber glass cloth right to it and make it as strong as it was when brand new.

after you have fiber glass cloth there....you can add as many layers as you need and it finishes real up nice...... and solid :wavey:

laugh at the salt :btu:

Gunpowder
01-23-2008, 08:33 AM
thanks for the advice Raven... and btw, I have someone that is getting me that mercury report for you so don't think I forgot.... scientist are slowwwwwww ;)

Raven
01-23-2008, 08:44 AM
thanks for the advice Raven... and btw, I have someone that is getting me that mercury report for you so don't think I forgot.... scientist are slowwwwwww ;)

i have ultimate faith in you Gunpowder ............

i am concerned about children eating fish

with a high concentration of heavy metals

which accumulate in their tissue
and then later create\cause
a toxic reaction

and parents should know exactly what is in fish.

Kids base everything they eat on whether it tastes good

not whether it's good for them.:rtfm:

MrHunters
01-23-2008, 09:35 AM
i miss my bronco.

tranny problems started at about 165K

taJon
01-23-2008, 10:06 AM
your bronco sounded awesome, just like my mustang!

I'm getting my new truck in March I think. Can't wait.

CaptMike
01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
solid truck does she have the 351?

Gunpowder
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
btw... thanks for all the compliments on the "new" truck. i knew most of u guys would like it :hihi:

bassballer
01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
My first truck in High School was an 87 Bronco. I loved that thing. Good luck with it. Classic truck.