View Full Version : 2008 Fishing-Log Calendar

Mr. Sandman
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Guys,

I want to let you know that the 2008 Fishing-Log Calendars (and disks of images) are now available. (You might have seen my cheesy banner ad on the page now and then)

The theme this year is Cuttyhunk and the Elizabeth Islands. (Woods hole to Cuttyhunk) The 12”X12” (24” opened), 28 page calendar is designed for the inshore and onshore fishermen and is intended to be saved from year to year, thus saving your fishing records and developing a serious visual library of key fishing destinations over time. What I like about them is it take me just a minute to jot my notes for the day. And I find it very useful looking back on past years.

Each year the photos concentrate on a different area in the North East. I’ve lived (and fished) in NY(LI), CT, NJ, VA, RI and now MA and had the opportunity to call them all my back yard at one time or another. I plan to cover them all over the years and hopefully go from NJ to ME and beyond if all goes well.

This year the disk has nearly 700 total jpegs, 500+ of just the 2008 area with updates to last year’s disk (2007 was Martha’s Vineyard and some of the beaches shown on the disk underwent dramatic changes due to coastal storms, these are updated on this disk) as well as other goodies…esp if you fish Quicks Hole. While the photos are all not suitable for framing most depict interesting coastal features that you will find useful. They are not aimed to burn anyone’s personal fishing spot but rather, showcase the coast and terrain you will be fishing. The web site will give you a good feel for the items. www.fishinglogcalendars.com (http://www.fishinglogcalendars.com/)

Lastly I will be donating a few to the TFCTFN raffle table again and I OK’ed this post with JohnR prior to posting.

Have a great season and I hope this works out for you as it does me.

:thanks:

Sandman

PS… I am always open to constructive feedback and will do my best to see that you are satisfied.

BasicPatrick
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
order placed...thanks

BTW...When is the Surfcasters Banquet...I haven;t got my newsletter

Mr. Sandman
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
This sat at noon.

http://www.mvsurfcasters.org/calendar.htm
:ss:

Sea Dangles
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Sandman, will you be at any of the shows?

Mr. Sandman
01-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Sea Dangles,

Working on it...I'll repost here if the situation changes

Mr. Sandman
01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Salty's will have them at the upcoming shows.

I stopped by his shop yesterday and let me just say that he has quite an operation there and has some VERY exciting goodies for 08.

(I have to admit I looked in the "Salty's dumpster" outside before I left....and saw some good looking fishable stuff in there too :laugha:, you coulda filled up a large tackle bag with stuff)

Clammer
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM
S/M

what was 2007 of ???

thanks MIKE

Mr. Sandman
01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
'07 was of Martha's Vineyard.
'08 is of CH and the Elizabeth (woods hole to cutty),
'09 will be of BI (and perhaps some of RI South shore depending on how it goes, I may do that in a separate issue..there is a lot to cover at both places)
'10 and beyond... Undecided as of today but have a long list

RIJIMMY
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Jim - got mine yesterday. All I can say is wow, I never realized how much fishy water there was around the islands (maybe I dumb comment, but I have not fished MAss much).
Great work, I need to trailer teh boat and fish the Elizabeths sometime this year!

Clammer
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
where do I order a 08 & whats a 07 worth ???

Moses
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Jim:

received mine this past weekend and already handed a few out to friends/family. lots of 'wows' and big smiles all around. some great shots again this year and always some new discoveries you just can't see when you are in a boat at sea level.....

Mr. Sandman
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
where do I order a 08 & whats a 07 worth ???

You mean you didn't get an 07 at the 07 TFCTFN? There were more than enough floating around and at the end of the night I thought everyone had one. I should have kept one last box for things like this, I have about a dozen 07's in my private stash left....for you clammer...buy an 08 and I'll toss in an 07 from my stash.

There is a banner ad above with some pictures on it click it OR the link below. If you can't figure that out or don't have paypal...see Mr. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& at the shows. If you don't make it to the shows...go to TFCTFN08 get lucky and pick one in a raffle.

Tagger
01-30-2008, 04:38 AM
ordered mine ... got the 07 MV as a gift.. really enjoyed it .. good job .. ordered the 08 disk too ..

zacs
01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
ordered mine yesterday.

i am sending a couple of buddies there today.

RIJIMMY
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
ordered mine yesterday.

i am sending a couple of buddies there today.

after you get it, I bet I know where you'll want to "travel" to with your boat this year......

zacs
01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
LOL. I have been fishing & sailing buzards bay & the islands hard for the past 10 years up until I quit my old job in New Bedford.

I have friends with boats in Fairhaven and NB, guys that I still fish with regularly.

So luckily, I won't have to bring mine there.

I may try to take my boat to cutty for a long weekend, though....

Clammer
02-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks Jim :;

super quick delivery :::walk:

Tagger
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks Jim ... got it .. beauty ,,, love the Cutty pics .:happy::btu:

Mr. Sandman
02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I put together a couple YOUTUBE videos about the DVD images:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S10uzU0z42I

and short one about the calendar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAHAciaO3Hc

works in progesss...

tattoobob
02-18-2008, 07:07 PM
That's this weekend? I may have to miss this one too. What are the times?

zacs
02-18-2008, 08:18 PM
i love looking at my fishing log calendar every day.
sometimes i catch myself staring for a few minutes...

:eyes:

tattoobob
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure if there's any strippers on the cape? New Bedford and Providence for sure :hee:

Another 45 days or so they'll be fish trickling in on the south cape beaches.

there is one strip joint on the Cape, Don't ask me how I know

Squid kids Dad
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
I bought a calender off Salty,,, Sandman its beautiful...

Mr. Sandman
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
09 is here! BI is the theme. check it out.

While I did print up fewer this year and will have fewer to give away as promos, fear not, I have reserved a healthy stack for the TFCTFN table.

The good news:

- I got them done before the holidays this year:humpty:

- The image and printing quality is also much better and more consistent this year.

- I kept the price the same despite significantly increased flight costs, as well as printing and shipping prices.

- A few more local shops are carrying them now. I have not updated the site with the names but will soon. You can always order it online. I also hope to get a few more shops and bookstores on board this fall.

- I plan to re-work the entire web site over the winter but it is functioning adequately at this point albeit somewhat awkward. But it is a back-burner project...the truth is I would rather work on plugs and go tog fishing now anyway.:hihi:

Thanks for the support, the goal is to reach break-even this year... If I get reasonably close I will continue doing it. If not I may cut back to only making enough for a few friends in the years ahead. I enjoy doing it so I am willing to take some fiscal pain but it is odd for me peddling these things, I am not a salesman and don't like dealing with people (I am a numbers/computer guy) so I am really out of my element... it is fun though so I keep at it. The idea must be a good one, I see I have some competition this year:eyes:...

tynan19
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Jim, I think it is a great idea and the photos alone make it worth the price. Can't wait to see 09.

Mr. Sandman
10-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Glad you like them...here are a couple to wet your appetite...

Nebe
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Nope.. Block Island is not permitteed. Sorry. :lasso:

Odizza
10-22-2008, 05:28 PM
got one via internet cant wait to see it.....hope to fill it in nicely too

Zeno
10-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Just ordered mine
looking forward to seeing it

Zeno

striperman36
10-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Glad you like them...here are a couple to wet your appetite...

The guy at the point is holding a nice fish!