View Full Version : Church plans to protest Ledger’s memorial

spence
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
The radical Baptist church known for picketing the funerals of American soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq has announced that they intend to protest Heath Ledger’s stateside memorial service because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”

“You cannot live in defiance of God. He (Ledger) got on that big screen with a big, fat message: God is a liar and it's OK to be gay,” said Shirley Phelps in a statement sent out by the Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22813570/

I wonder if Mike Huckabee will be available for comment :hs:

-spence

RIJIMMY
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
insane

The Dad Fisherman
01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
jack-asses.

stripersnipr
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I wonder if Mike Huckabee will be available for comment :hs:

-spence

Fred Phelps ain't no damn republican. :yak6:

spence
01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Fred Phelps ain't no damn republican. :yak6:

But Huck is, and while I'd doubt he'd condone these actions I'd wager good money he supports the substance of their position.

He's scaring me to be honest.

-spence

RIJIMMY
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
me too, Huck is nuts

stripersnipr
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
The only thing I see Huck good for is coming up with some pretty funny one liners once in awhile. As far as Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church goes, I predict dire consequences to them as a result of their Hateful actions and behavior. Somebody is going to use them to find fame.

Raven
01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
is h#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& nuts :grins:

i admired him for his weight loss tho

Swimmer
01-24-2008, 12:16 PM
In the last couple of days there have been some hilarious parodies of "Brokeback Mountain" playing on various radio stations.

I get a kick out of someone quickly forming an opinon saying, "heroin got another one." Nothing on that is indicated yet. I wonder if the masseuse cleaned the room though, because of the rolled up $20.00 bill on the floor.

Raven
01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
it was a bit presumptuous on my part true

Swimmer

but actors seem to sometimes get into their character

to deeply .....and have access to lots of spending money

plus the whole Hollywood scene is notorious for

drug consumption and availability as is NEW York

point taken

eastendlu
01-24-2008, 12:37 PM
The 20.00 bill was proccessed and no drugs found on it.The housekeeper was in his room couple of hours earlier and he was snoring they are waiting on toxicology because autopsy could not find cause definitively.Sometimes chit happens you never know when your # is up.

The Iceman 6
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I for one am interested to know how he died. So many people assuming so many things. As far as the protest, let the guy rest in freakin' peace...

Ice

Saltheart
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
I believe that we will eventually be judge with the same understanding or hatred as we have shown in the way we judge others during our lifetime. If that's true , these baptists are in big trouble some day.

Swimmer
01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Bugs Bunny and Fearless Fos#^&#^&#^&#^& are members of that church. Acolytes I think.

wheresmy50
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

From the web page of the church of Barack Hussein Obama.

mekcotuit
01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."

From the web page of the church of Barack Hussein Obama.

:topic:And this has anything to do with Fred Phelps/Westboro Baptist Church or Heath Ledger? :conf:

wheresmy50
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
You make an interesting point here. It's a bit of a tangent.

I guess what I was trying to say here, indirectly, is that if you think Huckabee's beliefs are scary, substitue the word "white" for "black" and pretend a white cadidate's church had this as their mission statement.

Still, I acknowledge it was a little off topic. My appologies.

basswipe
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
All ya had to do was mention "church".

Belief in god just ain't enough.We humans use that belief to serve any and all purposes.

Terror,death,destruction and now stupidity.Its either god's fault or its Our fault for not following god's Will.Organized religion is a freaking joke.

Heath Ledger's death has nothing to do with god or religion.He's dead because he od'd(purposely or accidentally),was murdered ,or died of natural causes.

Trust me,god didn't take him because he played a "queer" in a movie.These religious zealots need to get over themselves.

Hooper
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Nobody takes those nuts seriously

bart
01-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Toucher and Rich on BCN interviewed the woman who heads the thing and made her look like an absolute fool.

BTW, the church's website is called godhatesf*gs.com. WTF

2boxers
01-28-2008, 04:00 PM
The same group also protest at soldiers funerals. I hope they all get hit by a big truck

The Iceman 6
01-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't a bunch of Harley guys now show up and protest the protesters?

RIROCKHOUND
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
BTW, the church's website is called godhatesf*gs.com. WTF

It's ok Rob, you know God loves YOU regardless of your lifestyle :bl:

WBC is one of those groups that is so F'ed I actually feel bad for any kids in that group, they will never grow up thinking anything but what Phelps tells them to believe... a similar type group showed up on campus one day handing out pamphlets and got into a shoving match with some frat boys... figure on a bigger scale someone will Frag them at a 'protest' outside a funeral...

stripersnipr
01-28-2008, 04:24 PM
If you get a chance watch "The Most Hated Family in America". It'll give you a real good idea of how evil Fred Phelps really is.

2boxers
01-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Don't a bunch of Harley guys now show up and protest the protesters?

Yep Patriot Guard, they dont protest, they block the protesters so they can not disrupt the funeral

Raven
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
that their church will burn down soon...

bad karma draws it to themselves

and the ones to blame they'll see in the mirror

each morning,,,,,,,,,,,:lasso: