View Full Version : AquaSkinz 2008

Rock Hopper
01-25-2008, 11:22 AM
We wanted to provide everyone on this great site with a little update. The 2008 season is slowly starting with the trade & consumer shows and I am sure, many on this site will be attending some, if not all. We have put up our show schedule on the website with a link from the home page to the schedule.

The 2008 new products have also been put up and we have some very cool items coming for this season. They are all very exciting to us but the two that I am most excited about are the Ultimate Cargo bag and Albatross bib. These two are truly awesome. The 2008 catalog is also now available but the website has all the details. There is also a new "User Guide" chart for everyone to reference. It will identify where the products we offer will perform well. We hope this helps a lot of folks who are unsure.

We are also going to be introducing a new mascot for the company a "Rock Hopper Penguin", this can also be seen on the site. As secondary outer wear you will see a new windproof, fleece skull cap and water resistant baseball cap. As you can see, there is a lot going on at AquaSkinz.

We hope to see a lot of folks from this site at the upcoming shows. We also want to thank the many on this site that have supported AquaSkinz over the years. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. So, much THANKS for your past and continued support, we sincerely appreciate it.

See you soon.

Kadir Akturk
AquaSkinz Corp.

luds
01-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow. Great looking stuff. Can you give us an idea on how much the Bayman pullover will retail for?

decksweeper
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
agreed...great looking jacket...

The Dad Fisherman
01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Wow. Great looking stuff. Can you give us an idea on how much the Bayman pullover will retail for?

Yeah, I'm interested in that one too....

The leader wallet looked interesting too..

bart
01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
looking great is one thing, holding up is another....

Back Beach
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
looking great is one thing, holding up is another....

:angel:

bart
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM
:wave:

NIGHT STRIKES
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Kadir,
will some of these New items along with your other products be available for purchase direct from you at the shows or from another vendor ?

And I agree, that Baymen Pullover is a much wanted product,I for one have been looking for it seems like forever,something inbetween when my Hurricane top is not needed...

Thx , Sure To See You Around....

Steve

PaulS
01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I use to buy leaders wallets from a mail order comp. in ct. Are yours similiar?

hyefisherman2
01-26-2008, 10:03 AM
that ultimate cargo bag looks nice for trips to cuttyhunk and mtk! pack everything in it, then before you go out take out the plugs you want and put them into your smaller bag for the night.

jim sylvester
01-26-2008, 10:26 AM
good looking stuff kadir

Adam_777
01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm wondering if that storage bag will come with inserts.That is going to replace the giant tupperware container taking up the back seat of my truck.Can't wait to see these up close and see what they retail for.

Rock Hopper
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Sorry for the late reply to some of the questions guys. We are doing a show on Long Island the last two days.

I will try and answer the questions here for ya :)

Adam_777: The Ultimate Cargo bag will not come with insert sets as there are different configurations that can be made and this is up to the individual. They will be available through the retailers though to set up as you please. Additionally, the storage boxes that I am sure we all own also work with the bag well and some people may want to go that route.

Adam_777 & hyefisherman2: What this bag did was eliminate two 40 quart storage bins from the back of my car. People are simply amazed at how much room it has. And yes, the bag is going to eliminate the bins, crates etc. and yes, it is great for what you described hyefisherman2.

PaulS: I am not familiar with the one you mention, but ours is more like an accordion and the zip bags are heavy duty 7mm - these are custom made for us. The edges are heat sealed and then sewn over the heat seals so as to keep water out of the bags.

Night Strikes: We do not sell at the shows. We are there to support our dealers and to show the new gear to you guys. The shops will and some already have put in orders for the new items which will hit the market in April sometime. The Bayman is great a lightweight top. It does not have all the features found on, say the Phantom. This is pull it over and go top. This top is going to be perfect for the in-between season, weather wise. It will also be a great top for the Cape and Canal guys. This top is going to retail for around $120.00.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them when I get back from the show. Thanks for the mostly positive responses. As mentioned, we have the show schedule up, so come by to any of them and see the items in person.

Thanks and regards,

Kadir

Zeno
01-27-2008, 08:19 AM
I was at LI Expo yesterday and I have to say ,you have to see some of the new stuff.The big bag is incredible and the new light jacket is on my short " I am getting it " list for the spring

reebok
01-27-2008, 09:17 AM
At the shows if possible please have the larger sizes and let us try them on.

NIB
01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I wanna use the big bag as a surf bag..I always wondered why they make em so small when I have so many plugs to put in em.
I can here it now..
It's too heavy.Not for ME...:D
I was pumped to see the bibs. I mostly do bibs an short boots on the jetty's here in NJ.

Pt.JudeJoe
01-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Great stuff Kadir! As always ,you are thinking of the practical ways to outfit the fisherman. See you at the shows!

Rock Hopper
01-28-2008, 10:08 AM
PJ -Joe, Jim & Zeno :thanks:

Nib: You might need a chiropractor after one trip :bl: this bag is going to be great for taking everything you need in one, organized unit and finding what you are looking for when you look :spin:. Definitely not a jetty jumping bag :D

Reebok: Unfortunately we do not have all sizes with us during the shows due to the fact that our displays are usually finished prototypes and they make prototypes in either medium or large only. I can tell you though that the sizes have been increased in all the new tops. The Bayman is going to be very generous in its proportions.

Come see them at the shows if you can.

See you then and thanks again.

Kadir

LISurfcaster
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM
I also saw the new products at the LI show this past weekend. The leader wallet looks great - real tight construction to keep the leaders dry.

The large bag is unbelievable - pockets upon pockets for storage each with a window pane so that you can mark where things are. I forgot to ask if the insert tubes came with the bag - hopefully they do. It looks like a great solution for keeping the gear neat and organized in the truck. I think Kadir heard my wife complaining about cleaning up my truck when he designed this thing...There are even hidden compartments. I am already figuring out what I have to sell off to buy one. The bucktail section had more sections for bucktails than I could count. definitely check it out...

RS