View Full Version : PATS and Giants ~~SB~~ Predictions

BassDawg
01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Really NICE to have come this far...................

Seems like a forgone conclusion at this point, but
I never want to lose sight of how special and unique
THIS 2007-2008 Patriots Team is to have accomplished their Historic Campaign.

It is one thing to "look good" on paper and be expected to be this Great, and it is entirely another thing to do the day to day, week to week, and game by game completion of making it to the Super Bowl and not only making it, but WINNING IT ALL!! At the season's start everyone with half a brain picked the Pats ~ a few had the Colts~ to be the AFC Team, did anyone pick the NYG outside of the NYC metro area? Not a slam to the G-Men, just emphasizing the difficulties inherent to being called the Team of Destiny and actually becoming the Team of Destiny. CHEERS to the NE Patriots Football Organization from top to bottom for putting together what will surely be hailed as the Single Greatest Season in the History of the NFL; providing all goes well on the 3rd :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu:!!

And to that end we bring our prognostications:

I look for Moss and Stallworth to light it up in the first half, and Maroney and Faulk to turn out the lights in the second half. If we shut down their aerial attack, EARLY enuff, then it will be up to the offense to grind out the clock late in the game. Roll on, Juggernaut, ROLL ON!

That said, Boss, Jacobs, and Bradshaw are the X factors for me, especially since we didn't see Bradshaw in game 16. The Pats always have a hard time with big and fast TE's who can catch, while Bradshaw has breakaway speed and in-the-trenches toughness that could exploit our poor tackling habits that had a way of cropping up at key points in previous games. Not that the game will hinge on one of those "plays"~not likely but possible, we just gotta be focused and aware of that weakness in our Defense. We should blow them out, but that's why they play the game!!

Sorry it took so long to get here, but what else are we gonna do it's too stinkin' COLD to go :fishin:?

PATRIOTS 48

GIANTS 34

fishsmith
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
:pats: 52 - 10

:patshelmet:

Bronko
01-28-2008, 10:25 AM
:pats: 52 - 10

:patshelmet:

31 - 21 Pats

:lama:

Mike P
01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Boss isn't that fast--he's more of a possession type TE. Runs disciplined routes, aware of where the sticks are, has good hands and is tough.

Shockey has twice the talent, but a tenth of the discipline and smarts :doh:

The best thing the Pats have going for them is the fact that Kevin Gilbride, the Giants' offensive coordinator, is unimaginative and suffers from having his head up his ass. Expect him to start, as usual, with Jacobs in a one back set and to try to establish the run early. Bradshaw's his best RB and he doesn't see as much playing time as he should, and Gilbride almost never uses him with Jacobs in a two back set. Plus, Jacobs has stone hands coming out of the backfield on passing plays, and really doesn't block as well as a 265 pound guy should. For some reason, either Gilbride has designed plays that pop him outside, or he does it on his own when he can't see the hole, and a cement mixer can get to the corner before he can :hs:

BassDawg
01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Boss isn't that fast--he's more of a possession type TE. Runs disciplined routes, aware of where the sticks are, has good hands and is tough.

Shockey has twice the talent, but a tenth of the discipline and smarts :doh:

YUP! You're right Mike, not that fast, but he will be a presence in Glendale in the seamz and out on the flats. Just hope our tackling woes doan resurface on such a big bastage as him :mad: :mad:.

The best thing the Pats have going for them is the fact that Kevin Gilbride, the Giants' offensive coordinator, is unimaginative and suffers from having his head up his ass :hs:.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Gilbride has always been ultra-conservative and his confidence in Eli to win is less evident than his noted use of Eli to not lose the game. That can be a very dangerous philosophy on the final game of the season. Fogeddah 'bout the added Lombardi Trophy pressure for Eli.............

Do you see this game as a close one, Mike, or is it over by halftime?

:pats: :rumble: :pats:

spinncognito
01-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Patriots 27
Giants 10

:cheers2:

Swimmer
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
They are going to win. I just hope its not a heart attack inducing game..........:pats2::wid:

zacs
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
34-31 pats.

Mike P
01-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Do you see this game as a close one, Mike, or is it over by halftime?

I don't know what to think. Hoping for a close one with a chance to pull it out at the end. Tynes has been erratic but he now has the one clutch kick that might kick-start him, like the snow bowl game got Vinatieri going. Gostkowski hasn't been called on to make a clutch kick, yet.

wrikerjr
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
i think it will be a close game. I hope moss shows up as much as i will be rooting for the ginats I think it is a repeat of week 17 with the pats taking the edge in a close game 31-28. This win will solidify BB as the greatest coach ever and the pats know it

good2hook
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
this game will not be close. there is no way this team comes this far to keep this game close. 38-21... they all know, they'll be remembered for an entirely different reason if they lose this game.:mad:..... got a few guys(seau, bruschi, vrabel, brown) on that team that might be playing their last game. they will go all out for sure. typical pats game, close in the first half, no doubt of the outcome in the second half:cheers:

vineyardblues
01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
19-0 nuff said
:pats2:

afterhours
01-29-2008, 06:34 PM
the more i think of it, the worse it is going to be...........................for the giants. major beatdown - patriots 42-21.

WadingWill
01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
36-14 pats in an easy one.

Backbeach Jake
01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Pats by 17. Defense will crush bones. Offense will do their job.

Backbeach Jake
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Addendum: Don't be surprised to see Moss on D. You heard it here first. Burress is a real threat.

riverrat55
01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Look for close 1st half score!!!
But 2nd half Pats will break game open!!!
PATS 41
Giants 21

keeperreaper
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
31-28 and the Giants kicker misses in the third and 4th quarter.:patshelmet:

afterhours
01-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Addendum: Don't be surprised to see Moss on D. You heard it here first. Burress is a real threat.

omg fred- i was thinking that same thing!

BassDawg
01-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I dunno, men.................

that sounds like a far stretch, even for the genious that is

THE COACH!!

The good thing about having Randy Moss on our team is that our D goes against someone who's better and far more atheletic than Plax each week. I do expect to see some perfectly timed jumps to make up for the heighth differential, and some very creative blitzing schemes that will perplex and confuse young Eli.

The Defensive Master that is Coach Bill will not disappoint this week. While it is possible, I think that there are many more effective ways to defend Plax ~who is a dangerous wide out. Another way would be to outscore them in a good old fashioned Wild West Shootout :rocketem: :rocketem:

Verrrrry interesting though. Is this something that he's ever done in the past? And it would be kinda COOL to see him make a pic and return it for a TD :heybaby: :heybaby:.

Rockfish9
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Pats 31... Giants 17

eastendlu
02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Giants by 3. And like Fred said you heard it here.:devil2:

Mike P
02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Plax hasn't practiced the last two days. Swelling to the knee. This on top of the bad ankle he's played with all season.

But you heard this here first--Steve Smith isn't as tall as Burress, and he's a rookie, but he is going to be a premier receiver very soon. It'll be tough for the Giants to stay close without Burress, but he isn't the only guy they have who can make a tough catch. Toomer was there when the Giants got smoked by the Ravens and this is likely his last shot.

Still--without Burress: :hang::behead:

EarnedStripes44
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Beli is gonna make an example out of those PUNKS!!!

31 - 10

Gunpowder
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Its gonna be a close one (NOT!):

42 - 14 PATS

pal156
02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
pats 35 other team 21

NIB
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
GIANTS BY 7....:bgi:

U guys are all on the pipe..:rotf2::jump1: