10-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Camaro's are sooo New Haven:laughs:

Krispy
10-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Wheres the bumper rack?

JohnR
10-03-2002, 10:06 AM
Nice wheels Mtr! Sweet shape too...

Krispy - 70 Mach1 Mustang, how can you argue with that? Although I do like the split bumoer 71 'maro too

So how hard do you all laugh when you see cars like this?

http://www.beaterz.com/one_liners/0201/images/cardboard.jpg

Or all them STICKERS!!! :laughs:

MountainBreeze
10-03-2002, 10:08 AM
QUOTE:
"Wheres the bumper rack?"

We don't need no stinkin' bumper rack! ;)

Hows this?

http://www.rmfracing.com/images/camaro/original/exterior/exterior_4.jpg

BTW:
John, to answer your question... PRETTY HARD!

:jump:

Krispy
10-03-2002, 10:11 AM
Honestly MB, thats a sweet ride.

MountainBreeze
10-03-2002, 10:35 AM
Thanks John and Krispy.

But... I can't lie to you kind folks! Although that is my car, that is what it looked like when I bought it. I drove it for a few months then started to tear it apart.

The pics below are what it looks like now! I'm doing a frame-off "restoration" of the car and, to be honest, I have more of it on racks in my basement than I do in the garage!!! ;)

http://www.rmfracing.com/images/camaro/tear_down/tear_down_body/body_10.jpg

http://www.rmfracing.com/images/camaro/tear_down/tear_down_body/body_11.jpg

It's A LOT of work but a lot of fun as well.

So... all things considered, I probably shouldn't be laughin' at anyone else's car! ;)

Take care,
Rob

dramakaze
10-03-2002, 01:54 PM
Those are some really sweet rides!

I'm into rebuilding farm tractors. Got a couple of 'stangs out back for future build ups. Also got a 74 trans-am, but it dont have orginal engine. I have been told it is a very rare model.

Krispy
10-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Whats one those tractors do in the 1/4 mile?

JohnR
10-03-2002, 02:38 PM
74 TA Superduty?

dramakaze
10-04-2002, 09:58 AM
LOL!! Top speed 20 mph but thats pushing it!

I'm not to sure, i'll have to give it another look.

Striper SniperX
10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
hey

Mike - that file is damaged.... edited by John R

MountainBreeze
10-11-2002, 06:51 AM
Hey Mike,

I downloaded the image but it's blank. :(

Rob

Striper SniperX
10-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Hey,,, That was my fault,, i put it in the wrong 'forum' post,,, will try again soon....

mike

Striper SniperX
10-12-2002, 11:11 PM
Hey Guys,,computer Is Acting up (time for a new one-asap)lol- Anyways,
I tried sending a Picture of My "new" 1969 Dodge Dart That , I Scored Last Weekend for ($4,200) I think it's worth twice that, easy.Maybe more by the fact that Most is all Oiginal..some new additions,,,really couldn't tell unless you knew your Darts like the back of your hand (lol) It needs a bit of work,, Body is straigt and all Original,,,all #'s incuding engine. trans. all panals match,,,i'm still yet to get all #'s,,,,,but i'm sure it's more then 90% Original!

I'm not much of a skilled Computer User,,,At all.. I bought this Digital Camera (Only a Very In-expensive AOL digicam ($50) A few months Back and i think i payed for what i got, because everytime i load a picture up , it turns into a differant format or moves itself,,& sometimes,,they don't even load up, and i'm sure it isn't my Computer Itself because i had a Nicer DigiCam that took a swim in the bay when takeing pictures of some Blues..when a boater & his squall sized wake decided to pass in close by (jerk)(lol) and all photos came up fast, clear,,and easy to find and send..) Maybe if one of you could tell me what's wrong? Even Idea's Will Help,,, then i'd be happy to share The Pictures with you all.

Thanks!

(P.s. That's a NICE '69 Camaro!,,,,I that an R-S/s , 396?--)

MountainBreeze
10-15-2002, 06:20 AM
Hey Mike,

That Dart sounds like a good find! I'd really like to see a pic(s). Why don't you email it to me, in whatever format your camera saves it at, and I'll convert it and post it for ya'.

Email: rob@cyclingconcepts.com

Thanks for the kind words on The Maro. It was orig a 6 cyl, PG, 2.73 rear car. I'm putting in a 327 (368hp, 297tq @ 6500rpm) until I get around to building a 383. :D I'll also replace the PG w/ a TH350 (3k stall) and a 3.73 posi rear. She's also getting new floor pans, cowl hood, mini-tubs, ... and a bottle! ;)

Got a LONG way to go on her though. As you can see from the recent pics... She's ALL torn down for the frame-off!

Send me that pic(s) when you get a chance.

Regards,
Rob

Striper SniperX
10-15-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey!
Sounds like a sweet Ride! .....In the before pictures, it looked great,,,why did you decide to take it apart ?

Anyways- well My cam sometimes doesn't even load the pics on here,I just Tried,. nothing----,I'll try again after i get done with mowing the lawn and all :) lol..

Thanks!
have a good one!

Striper SniperX
10-15-2002, 10:02 AM
ahh, Now i see,,,making it go a "little" bit faster :D lol-- adding everything, huh? keeping the rest original,,,right ? body,interior,etc ?

Striper SniperX
10-15-2002, 10:05 AM
why are ya putting a 383? that's a Mopar if i'm not wrong? (383 is what i have in the dart,,it opens up very well) :) why not a chevy 396?? love them motors!:)
or even a 454?? ha but that is crazy! that's a bit too much speed.,.would need roll bars and frame steel for that in the 1/4 mile! lol

have a good one!

MountainBreeze
10-15-2002, 10:32 AM
QUOTE:
"keeping the rest original"

Well... except for the cowl hood and mini tubs... Yes, the body will look the same. I'm going to put a new dash in it so I can use white-faced gauges but the carpet, seats, console... will be stock.

QUOTE:
"why are ya putting a 383?"

One word... TORQUE!!! A 383 is actually a 350 w/ a 400 crank. Of course you deck the block, ... It's about as RAT as you get, especially w/ a blower on it! ;)

A friend of mine has a 69 w/ a NAZTY 454 that produces so much torque, it actually cracked the NEW paint on the quater, just under the rear window!

Another friend has a 69 w/ a Chevy ZZ502 crate motor (502hp). That thing is INSANE!

Bob's 69 ZZ502 (http://www.mobiletools1.com/502burnout.jpg)

And one more friend has a 67 Pro-Street Camaro w/ a 427 pushin' over 685hp! Now THAT is a fun car to drive on the street! Not very far though! ;)

Garry's 67 Pro-Street (http://www.scaldinghot.com/images/Camaro_Front_Right.jpg)

Striper SniperX
10-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey,
I hear ya with the extra Tourqe -- wasn't aware that the 383 is the 350 w/ diff crank,,,see ,ya learn every day :D lol
Glad to see it's kept mostly original,,but i ya have to add somethings,, i hear ya ,there as well.. Have fun with it! Can't wait to see the finished Product!

Both nice Pics of them cars,,, That one is doin' a hell of a Hole Shot,,with them strips of rubber , he must be a regular at tire & brake places, lol!

have a good one!

Striper SniperX
10-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Also,,, Speaking of 'Finished-Product' How long do you think you have left on It? untill it's ready to hit the tracks ? (lol)
Hey Maybe I'll Race Ya when i put that 440 6Pack Mopar in mine :D (lol)

MountainBreeze
10-15-2002, 11:41 AM
HA! Yeah... Bob does go through some tires! ;)

http://www.ctfba.com/ss/1st/mba1.jpg

I figure I have about 5 years to go on the car. Lots O' $$$!

440 6pack huh!?!?! NICE! :D

To be honest... I LOVE Mopars!!! And, someday, I want to do a 69 Cuda w/ a 426 Hemi myself.

Well... send me that pic(s) when you have a chance.

Good luck,
Rob

BTW:
I went to New England Inst of Tech in Warwick, a long time ago. There was some fairly good surf fishin' off of the place our dorms were. Can't remember the name of the place but it was a "religious campus" that NEIT rented a building in. It's just down the road from the enterance road to Rocky Point Amusement Park.

shore manic
10-16-2002, 06:26 AM
rocky point amusement park, isthat place still there.aaahhh the memories!!!them there are some fine wheels guys.ah yes the 70's cruising nantasket beach in the 340 dart and my friends 68 ford galaxie w/351 cleveland built to the max.drinking schlitz beer with boone's farm chasers.the police were pretty cool back then didn't bother to much. try that now and it's time served!!!!!! the stories i could tell ya,we'll save those for winter. my fav.is 87 monte ss 383 stroker blown,tubbed and 3 stage pearlescent paint, a real screamer. :happy:

Striper SniperX
10-17-2002, 12:59 AM
Hey,
Nice Car Shore Manic!!

Some of the Older Monte-Carlo's Were Very Nice---I Also am Fond of the Monte Carlo SS... Got To have it with the Ground Effects and The ' Bubble Hood' with the Motor Built and Stacked Up To the Max, with the Air Intakes Sticking out of the hood (Great Fun!!) can't forget the Tunes Blaring!!
Yah, Cops are Jerks Now- But what are ya going to do! lol.

Dart's Almost Ready!!
Woohoo :) LOL!

See ya's

Striper SniperX
10-17-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey,
5 years is a long time,,,, But it's worth it! for that car
I bet that in that time yer going to get to that point... when ya say ahh #%^* It (lol) .
But, Don't give up :smash: (lol)

Yep.
440 6 Pack,,, I'd like to Find a stock 426 Hemi - or even a Custom 440 With the Hemi- Headers (440's never came factory with the Hemi Headers- But upon Special Order they could be built with them) Making that ,ONE MEAN CAR :) LOL
We Almost Bought a Dart with a 318 Hemi all original before we spotted this work of art-- lol
I'm Returning the P.O.S. Digi-Cam ,,I should have a New One within a week & a Half (hopefully)??

The 440 6 Pack Mopar is just going to fit- we need to Renforce the Fore end of the frame with some steel frame rods for the Extra Power and extra Weight also need a Bubble Hood.. Not Original on this one but will look great.. i'm keeping the 383Magnum Tags on it though .....are you keeping Original power Tags on the 'Maro or Putting 350/383 tags?

Good Luck With it! Keep Me filled in while time progress' on it!

See Ya's!

FishTales
10-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Now I get it , no wonder you are such a Mopar Head !!
Then you should appreciate this that I have owned for the past 20 years , and No its not for sale ..... :happy: :happy: :happy:

Striper SniperX
10-18-2002, 03:05 AM
Hey Fishtales!
Awsome Car! Nothing like the Sound of a Mopar - or the look.huh?.

That car is Great!- I'm Jealous :) (lol)

By the looks of what i can see in that Picture ,,
it looks like a 1968-1969 Plymouth Satellite
w/440 ...Guessing 4 barrel?
Rag-Top, Obviously & Please Correct Me if I'm Wrong! lol

The Rear Of the Car looks like a '68ish Plymouth GTX but the Front End of the Car has the 3 dips in the Grill/hood that NO GTX i've seen Has had..--

-It looks like One awsome Satellite.. And in the Shape it seems to be in right now ,,, I WOULDN'T SELL EITHER :) Is that a Daily/Weekend Driver ,,, or just special occasions and Shows ??

It's 4 speed-right? --what gears/rear end you have in that Awsome Ride ?? :confused:

Take Care of that!

(Please Post some more Pictures, As i would Love to see them)--(I'm working on my pictures as well,,I sent out Digi-Cam Today,, don't know when i'll have it back---America Online is Sluggish with returns,lol)

Have a Good One! :)

MountainBreeze
10-18-2002, 07:04 AM
SCHWEET! That is a really nice car FishTales! Do you ever make it to any shows in R.I., MA., or CT.?

QUOTE:
"5 years is a long time,,,, But it's worth it! for that car
I bet that in that time yer going to get to that point... when ya say ahh #%^* It "

HA! What do you mean "going to"??? ;)
Yeah... it's going to be a long road but... one I look forward to leaving a lot of rubber on! :D

The stock 6cyl had no tags and... that is the way I'm going to keep it. With the exception of the cowl hood and a look at the "fatties" that will be in the mini tubs, you won't be able to tell it's not a 6cyl from the outside. (Unless you get under the car and look at the headers / exhaust, subframe connectors, drive shaft loop, 12 bolt @$$ end, ... ;)

Good luck,
Rob

FishTales
10-18-2002, 08:56 AM
That my freind is pure GTX , it has not been out in over 12 years.
440 magnum - 727 tourqueflight - 373's in the rear all #'s match.
turned down offers of 20g's bought it for 4g when I was 19 in 1983. ;)

Striper SniperX
10-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Ahh, Ya see, I wasn't Too off ,huh?
Awsome Car JD You didn't mention what year? again i'll say 68-69 i'm really not informed on plymouths as much as Dodges' but they are all awsome anyways ! :)

have a good one

Striper SniperX
10-18-2002, 03:12 PM
12 years ?
Really,,,,in the shape i can see in them pictures,,,, if you took that to a muscle car show,,, you would probably win in that catagory with flying colors,,,, You Owned it that long and it hasn't been out in a while,,, so is that Paint Original ?
When you have Some extra time i would love to see more pictures if you wouldn't mind...

have a good one!

MountainBreeze
10-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Hey Mike,

He put "1968 PLYMOUTH GTX" in the subject line of his post. Good guess! ;)

Sure is schweeet! :)

Regards,
Rob

Striper SniperX
10-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Rob
If you look a page before this when he first posted the piture, i already said it,i thought it was a 1968ish car,,,HA HA,,before he said what year it was........ Make sure you look at all the specs before ya claim something,, ;)
Nice tryThough!! Don't doubt me,,,I know my Cars..

MountainBreeze
10-19-2002, 12:46 PM
No worries Mike.
Just didn't know if you saw that in his subject line.

Rob

Striper SniperX
10-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Hey Rob,
No Worries,, I just get a bit Offensive Sometimes ,,,Just ignore it,,, lol :) and NO i didn't see it in he subject line,i really don't pay attention to those, anyways--,why would i ask what year it as if i seen it in his 'subject-line' ?? :smash: lol! see ya

Have a good one!

StarsnStripers
10-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Hey MIke, I already solved your problem about the camera, and you went and asked in the fishin forum, I mean, I told you you had the wrong software and that wuz the problem, as you would say about cars, Dont doubt me, I know my digital stuff!!:smash:

:af: J/K:p

MountainBreeze
10-21-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey Mike,

Our local F-Body club (Camaros / Birds , TA's) had our final gathering of the season this weekend. Figured you'd enjoy this series of pics:

http://www.darkrealmuo.com/ctfba/mbaf02/DSCF0017.JPG

http://www.darkrealmuo.com/ctfba/mbaf02/DSCF0018.JPG

http://www.darkrealmuo.com/ctfba/mbaf02/DSCF0019.JPG

http://www.darkrealmuo.com/ctfba/mbaf02/DSCF0020.JPG

There are A LOT more but... you get the point! ;)

Later,
Rob

Striper SniperX
10-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Rob,
Woohoo,, Awsome,,, is that your Car ? other car ?(not the '69 obviously-lol)
I hope thats on a closed road, lol - cops would love to find yas doing a break race on public streets;)

On THAT car it doesn't look like POSI-traction -- , if it is Posi-- the right tire has more go to it,huh ?,as that's most of time the 'drive-tire' But theres nothing like 2 long fresh strips of rubber down the road from a car with Posi ---sill hot if ya touch 'em ,, lol thanks alot for the pics ,,, how'd you know,,,I love that kind of stuff!

Also---Good-Year or whatever tires you use - Must LOVE you and that F-body Club!! lol The service reps know yas by name? lol (just kidding) They Must go thru a lot of stuff- though ,,, that's fun to do,, But not a lot (unless you wanna repair cars a lot), don't beat on a car that awsome, But don't drive under the speed limit either ......LOL ---

Now get in the garage and work on that car! :)

Thanks again!

have a good one!

MountainBreeze
10-21-2002, 07:48 AM
HA! Yeah... we tend to go through a few tires! It is on a "closed" road - Indust. Park at one of our sponsors.

That is not a car of mine but I belive it is posi - it was just windy that day (prob blowing the smoke under the car.)

QUOTE:
"Now get in the garage and work on that car!"

Not til' the fish stop bittin'! ;)

Later,
Rob

Striper SniperX
10-21-2002, 08:05 AM
Rob,
LOL!

QUOTE:
"Not til' the fish stop bittin'!"

Good Answer!! LOL ,,,Fall Fishin' is at it's peak - though i can't get out there till saturday :(

Yea,
i would expect that car to be a Posi--Doing Hole-Shot and Break-race Shows... --- Must of been the winds! -Great tire spinning--- anyhow!

Thanks again!

Have a good one!

10-22-2002, 02:53 PM
The "toy" I sold to buy my boat. How about 10:20's at 133mph in the quarter mile, in street trim and tires......Talk about a natural high try 600hp at the rear wheels. 347ci of stroked Boss 302. I was the original owner, bought it new in 1986 in Hawaii and it was drag raced within 2-weeks of purchase. There wasn't a whole bunch of cars in the area that could handle it.....