View Full Version : OK..One last time for the year

Squid kids Dad
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL!!!:pats:
37-23

spence
02-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Huh? I was just about to go walk the beach.

What's happening?

-spence

BigFish
02-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I am ready....lets score some damn points in the second half!!!

Raider Ronnie
02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Giants are playing some defense :hidin:

Raider Ronnie
02-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Pats can't stop Tuck !
Pats need to do something about him or Brady won't finish the game.
He's taken some shots !

striperman36
02-03-2008, 08:06 PM
UHOH WE GIT A GAAMMM!!!

BigFish
Brady needs to spread the field out with a couple long tosses.....if he can get the time! Also it seems they stopped running the ball too???

wrikerjr
what happened to the great offensive team?

good game

BigFish
02-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh here they come.......the Pats are 18-0 and now the crap throwers are swarming in for a toss.....lets see what happens second half!:pats:

BigFish
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Lets hope it brings silence and congratulations from the nay sayers!

Mike P
02-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Lets hope it brings silence and congratulations from the nay sayers!

Congratuations on a great season. I mean that sincerely. I'm sorry it had to be you. I would have much preferred to beat anyone else in the AFC.

fishaholic18
02-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Congratuations on a great season. I mean that sincerely. I'm sorry it had to be you. I would have much preferred to beat anyone else in the AFC.
Congrats Giants and fans... They played GREAT.. The scary part is ..they are still a young team..:)

Mike P
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Congrats Giants and fans... They played GREAT.. The scary part is ..they are still a young team..:)

Fantastic draft last year by a first-year GM. Bradshaw, Smith, Alford, Boss and Ross--all rookies and all contributors in the post-season.

Jacobs, third year. Kiwanuka, second year. Osi, 5th year I think. I'm not sure what season Tuck's in but he's a kid. The defensive line's in great shape even if Strahan retires. They need some added depth at linebacker and to shore up the secondary. The offense is in great shape. Maybe McKinney at RT is getting up there, so that might be something they can address.

Do you realize that they actually have the option of trading Shockey for some high draft picks now? :hihi:

Mike P
02-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Is Spagnuolo definitely headed to Washington?I know he's been talking with them but didn't know if it was serious?I know Snyder would open his checkbook to lure him to a division rival....

Not sure. He had an interview for the job today, after the victory parade in NY. But some of the ESPN pundits think that Jim Fassell has the inside track on the job (prior head coaching experience) and that Spags is just going through the motions. Defensive coordinators don't always make the greatest head coaches--Romeo Crennell being the leading example. Buddy Ryan is another. And Spagnuolo is just a kid, really. His mentor, Jim Johnson, has been the DC in Philly forever and has apparently never considered a head coaching job.

ProfessorM
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL!!!:pats:
37-23

NO

Squid kids Dad
02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
NO

Sorry i posted that...:smash:

Mike P
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Fassel doesn't excite me at all.If I remember,didn't he have a hard time controlling the locker room?True on DC's,but he'd be taking over a playoff team.Not a bad way to get your first HC job. Being the LB's coach with the Eagles,DC with the Giants,he's got quite the knowledge of the NFC East.

My feeling was that the Giants' locker room was uncontrollable as long as Tiki Barber, and to a lesser exten Shockey, were doing their thing. Fassell was seen as too close to the players, so they brought in a tough guy like Coughlin, which also didn't work out at first. He alienated some of the older players with ticky-tack rules like having to be 5 minutes early to a team meeting, and I really think that Barber undermined him at every turn. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the Giants turned into monsters on the field about the same time that Shockey broke his leg.

If Spags takes the job he'll be working for the worst owner in sports. Worse than Jerry Jones, who does know a little bit about football and played the game in college. Worse even than George Steinbrenner at the height of the Bronx Zoo. The NFC east is going to be a dogfight. This year's playoff team could easily go 7-9 next year with a key injury and losing a few tough divisional games. It's certainly not out of the question for even the Giants to go 10-6 and lose a tiebreaker for the last wild card. The only NFC team right now tht I would say is close to a play-off lock for next year is the Seahawks who play in a horrible division. And it's certainly not out of the question for the Cardinals to have a great season and beat them out.