View Full Version : I guess you can't win them all

ProfessorM
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Last one out turn off the lights. Got out played. Congrats to the Giants.

afterhours
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
wow.......congrats to the giants they totally earned it.

JohnR
02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Congrats to the Giants - they played hard

BigFish
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Ouch! Ya know......the Giants are a team you just can't hate! Great team, played hard.....good bunch of guys....and they played better than the Pats. My hats off to them! Congrats to you Giants fans! With that said......I am going to go have a good cry now.:bc:

The Dad Fisherman
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey Mike P...Congrats, They played a great game and deserverd it. That defensive line played outstanding tonight

Gunpowder
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
still speechless.....

BigFish
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Somebody throw a bucket of water on MikeP....he must have passed out from the shock!:eyes:

redcrbbr
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
I only have one question...why the hell did Bill not wear his usuual grungy grey cutoff hooded sweatshirt???

I knew it was a bad sign.

the last time he wore red was against Indy,

I am in shock, disappointed, but congrats to the New York Football Giants. They played better and deserved the win.

Squid kids Dad
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
:bshake::mad:

wrikerjr
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Great game guys. Tough loss guys. congrats to the giant fans.

Skip N
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Pats O line was just awful....:eek5:

fishaholic18
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Pats O line was just awful....:eek5:

Giants D line played great.
Congrats G men

Pete_G
02-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Apparently the bananas on the Giants bench don't have the same negative mojo they do on a boat. I have to admit I was feeling pretty good after seeing that.

Mike P
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Mike P was up in Pawtucket watching the game with my mother and sister. My sister couldn't watch the end--she left with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and didn't come back until the game was over.

I've been telling you guys for two months now how good the Giants front 4 are--and they're 6-7 deep. And their O-line is the equal of yours.

Hey Tiki--how'd it feel watching this one from the broadcast booth?

Slipknot
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
:( ya I know Mike and I agree, that is why I was hoping for Green Bay. Congrats to your giants, they came to play and defense wins championships.

Assante closed his hands on that ball a split second too soon, Pats had their chances but could not get it done. I felt like puking after watching that. Heartbreaking loss right up there with the sox alcs 2003. I'm crushed

please remove those pats smilies till next season :(

Andy D
02-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Being a Steeler fan I'm glad the Giants won. It was a good game right up to and including the end. The Pats. are a great team and if this loss doesn't break up the team too much they will be right back next year. Congrats to both teams on great seasons!

pmueller
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Ditto Giants played great.
Just wish I wasn't working in Giant land today.

EarnedStripes44
02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
I hit a skunk, in broad daylight, I knew it was a bad sign. My good friend bet on the giants, although he and his pregnant girlfriend sported Maroney and Moss jerseys respectively. Something was amiss and I felt the unease the moment I opened my eyes yesterday morning.

zimmy
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I only have one question...why the hell did Bill not wear his usuual grungy grey cutoff hooded sweatshirt???

I said the exact same thing :D I am an Eagles fan so last night will hopefully be the last time I ever remotely cheer for the Giants, but I was really suprised to see that red sweatshirt. For awhile, I thought it was a bad omen for the pats. Then the took the lead toward teh end and I commented that he probably knew his team was good enough that superstition was irrelevent. Guess that's not how it turned out. The curse of the red sweatshirt.

One thing everyone can take from that game is that the Giant's defense was outstanding. I hope strahan retires cause everything changed this year whe he got back to 100%. Eagles in 09 baby :happy:

Mike P
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I One thing everyone can take from that game is that the Giant's defense was outstanding. I hope strahan retires cause everything changed this year whe he got back to 100%. Eagles in 09 baby :happy:

Be careful what you hope for, because the day he retires is the day that Tuck becomes an every down player at his natural DE position instead of a situational player at DT.

The Giants can always move Kiwanuka from OLB back to DE, too. Don't forget, he missed the last 4-5 regular season games and all of the playoffs.