View Full Version : Plum Island Surfcasters Fundraiser

The Dad Fisherman
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought I would throw this out there for anyone interested. Should be a Good Time, Usually is.

Some of the Plug /Lure guys will be there selling their wares

Bigfish Lures, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& Lures, PT. Jude lures, as well as a couple of local guys will be there.

C'mon by and shake off the cobwebs and get rid of the Shack-Nasties

Plum Island Surfcasters

Annual Fundraiser and Junior Program Support Fishing Show
Saturday February 23, 2008

Door Opens at 8:00am

Newbury Fire Hall

3 Morgan Ave

Newbury, MA

Featuring

Steve Papows
North Shore Outstanding Shore Guide
"Top Water Techniques for the Fall Run"

9:00-10:30

Tony Stetzko
Cape's most Famous Surf Fisherman and Artist
"Fishing the Beach for Big Bass"

11:30-1:00

$7.00 club members/ $12.00 non-members

Extensive Raffle Table, local exhibitors, lure makers, FOOD

BigFish
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Last years show was a great time! If some of you folks have never been.......go! Try the "chowda"!

Also.....Steve Papows is one of the best speakers I have seen and his knowledge on fishing plugs is limitless.....Tony Stetzko will teach you a thing or two for sure......this is a great duo of speakers!

BigFish
02-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Bump! Don't miss this great time folks!:wave:

The Dad Fisherman
02-11-2008, 08:56 AM
...and this has to be the biggest Raffle table going.

The Kids Program is also raffling off a Custom Built Lami w/ Penn reel.

BassDawg
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Went last year and had a blast!!!

Also got to hear Crazy Al and Steve McKenna for the first times.
Amazing two speakers for this year!! How do you guys do it??

Really good Shoe, excellent for the kids, and right up the road for me. See ya there, Larry............and others. Hope to meet ya, Kevin :grins:.

BigFish
02-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Gonna give this one another bump and tell you guys that if you have this Saturday free, get your butt up to Plum Island Surfcasters Show! Speakers this year are Steve Papows.....Steve is one of the most knowledgeable pluggers around and a top notch fisherman! You are sure to learn alot from Steve. Also speaking is Tony Stetzko.....if you don't learn anything from the catcher of the largest surf caught bass in Mass. history then you ain't listening! Some of the other folks on hand will be the Point Jude Lures boys Joe and Jeff, Mr. Bugger himself #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& will be there with his wonderful wood and BigFish Bait Co. will also be there with some plug bag goodies! Maybe The Dad Fisherman can give us any details I might have missed but I did this show last year and it was an absolute blast! Proceeds from the show go to the Plum Island Surfcasters juniors program so come out and help support a great cause and enjoy the day!

Sidenote: I highly recommend the chowder!:tooth:

EarnedStripes44
02-19-2008, 10:01 AM
you know dad.... just to put a name to the face, I just may show up.

EarnedStripes44
02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
p.s. pop, did you see Iverson at the all star game.

Rockport24
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm planning on going, you guys should too! It's always a good time and starts my Striper Fever!

The Dad Fisherman
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Maybe The Dad Fisherman can give us any details I might have missed but I did this show last year and it was an absolute blast! Proceeds from the show go to the Plum Island Surfcasters juniors program so come out and help support a great cause and enjoy the day!

Sidenote: I highly recommend the chowder!:tooth:

You pretty much nailed it.....Its a great time and a good way to shake off the cobwebs. The Chowdah is always good and there may be some chilli added to the mix this year for the Dogs. The raffle table is huge, seriously....takes about 45 minutes total to get through all that stuff.....

I've seen both Steve and Tony doing presentations before and they do a top notch job.

Just to be clear...the proceeds go to the Juniors program and the Club too. the juniors program sees a good portion but it also helps the club run. also all of the proceeds from the Kitchen go to the Juniors program and there will be a Rod/Reel raffle that all the proceeds go to the Juniors Program, A lamiglass Tri-flex w/ a Penn reel.

Hope to see a lot of you guys make it...

you know dad.... just to put a name to the face, I just may show up.

It won't be pretty :tooth: :hihi:

spinncognito
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
[/QUOTE]It won't be pretty :tooth: :hihi:[/QUOTE]

He does not lie.... but I bet it will be considerable thinner than the last time I saw him... :wavey:

I'll be there Saturday... pleasantly plump as always...

tattoobob
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Kevin what time does this get over? I may have to work Saturday and I want to at least see some of you for an hour or so.

Finaddict
02-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Bob - people usually start to thin out around 1-2 p.m. and by 3 p.m. most are gone as Kevin will be manning the clean up duty :scream:

Andy

BigFish
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Weather report says heavy snow between 7-11 pm Friday night and after midnight mostly just "nuisance" snow...flurries with not much accumulation through Saturday morning!:huh: Should be over and done by Saturday morning!

The Dad Fisherman
02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Kevin what time does this get over? I may have to work Saturday and I want to at least see some of you for an hour or so.

Tony should finish up around 1 and then we finish off the raffles and thats it....shouldn't be any later than 2

Bob - people usually start to thin out around 1-2 p.m. and by 3 p.m. most are gone as Kevin will be manning the clean up duty :scream:

Andy

I can see it now "Whats a matter you tired, go home and make Nap Nap" "gee Kev like to help clean but the little one needs her nap" :hee:

Weather report says heavy snow between 7-11 pm Friday night and after midnight mostly just "nuisance" snow...flurries with not much accumulation through Saturday morning!:huh: Should be over and done by Saturday morning!

Thats pretty much what I'm hearing the brunt of it will be over tonight and then some light flurries winding down in the AM

MikeToole
02-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm on my way right now to help set everything up. Don't let a little snow keep you away, but please drive safe.

The Dad Fisherman
02-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey Mike....do I know you. I'm heading up to setup too. see you there...I'm putting the kids to work

Pt.JudeJoe
02-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Just finnished shoveling. Oiy!:yawn: Now to load up the car wit striper bling and Wobble things and see y'all tomorrow!:lama:

luds
02-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm hoping to make the trek too. Very anxious to here what Tony Stetzko has to say.

BigFish
02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
BigFish Bait Co. leaving at 5:00am also! I will have the new 3 oz. Danny in many colors and configurations, the 2 oz. Blitz Seeker, 1 3/4 oz. Pencils, a few 2.5 ounce pencils and a couple of the new 3.5 oz. Jointed Eels.....also I got a few "Prey" swimmers. I will have a full compliment of lures and colors at the RISAA Show! See you all in the am!:tooth:

luds
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
BigFish Bait Co. leaving at 5:00am also! I will have the new 3 oz. Danny in many colors and configurations, the 2 oz. Blitz Seeker, 1 3/4 oz. Pencils, a few 2.5 ounce pencils and a couple of the new 3.5 oz. Jointed Eels.....also I got a few "Prey" swimmers. I will have a full compliment of lures and colors at the RISAA Show! See you all in the am!:tooth:

you better have that case locked tomorrow. :drool::hihi:

BigFish
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
:musc:

tattoobob
02-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Sounds like Plug builder ultimate show down, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, at the Plum Island Fund Raiser

BassDawg
02-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Just found out, change in bride's plans..................

Not gonna make doors open, maybe for Mr Stetzko's talk.
We'll see..........