View Full Version : I'm NOT a pro...

BIG TIM
02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
First off... I ain't a pro... Just a shmuck without a ton of money to spend on finished plugs, lookin to build some plugs, have some fun, catch some fish. I'm NOT here to scam, spam, or rob anybodies money, wife, rod and reel, or, favorite fishin spot.

I'm sorry that I had a link in my sig. Its alink to a Ct plug builder that I think does awesome work and is great to deal with... Every other site is cool with it, but, if this site is'nt that alright too. In fact its already gone. I know ignorance is not an excuse, but, I did'nt know. Sorry......

I am a little pissed tho that people automaticlly assumed that I was here trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes somehow. Yesturday was my FIRST day on this site and I was stoked. I love to fish and share knowledge. Instead of asking me what I was up too, I was judged and found guilty right off the bat. Put yourself in my shoes I log-on today and I'm gettin slammed and basicly called an a$$%^&* for a link in my sig.... :hang:

I really hope that people read this and don't just assume that I'm here to scam anybody...............

BIG TIM
02-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Thank you #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.... I understand. I just wish someone had asked.
:btu:

eastendlu
02-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Welcome and its a great place with lots of good folks .Salty please pass the grey poupon on that silver platter.:jump1:

fishbones
02-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Welcome to the site, Big Tim. I think that when someone has a link to a non-sponsor web site in their signature here, it rubs people the wrong way. There are some great sponsors on this site and many of them are very helpful with answering questions, etc.... As you spend more time here, you'll learn a lot and become a better fisherman if you pay attention. There's a ton of knowledge to be found here.

numbskull
02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
As you spend more time here, you'll learn a lot and become a better fisherman if you pay attention. There's a ton of knowledge to be found here.

Unfortunately, the dust and chemicals will do a job on you like the rest of us and you won't be able to retain any of what you learn. Keeps us coming back, though.

BigFish
02-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Welcome aboard Big Tim! Stoke the fire back up there boy! It gets a little cold in here sometimes....we just throw a few "blow-outs" and "mis-drills" on the fire. Its usually pretty warm in here! Enjoy.....and post pics when you are done!:)

johnny ducketts
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
welcome, as an extremely new builder, I must say I found the search feature to be my best friend. Look forward to seeing the plugage.!

ThrowingTimber
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the site tim I totally missed whatever happened yesterday. But everyone here pretty much knows eachother personally or what have you. We've come across various situations where folks come on here and ask a million questions, then start a company. You know take take take, and never give anything to help the forum/site grow and or develop. + its winter :uhuh: you've been hazed youre in now :jump1:

Rockfish9
02-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately, the dust and chemicals will do a job on you like the rest of us and you won't be able to retain any of what you learn. Keeps us coming back, though.

Amen to that....

BIG TIM
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks guys... its all good...

We live and we learn.

ProfessorM
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM

"Yeah man some people say plugmaking makes you lose your memory".
C&C

Tagger
02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, the dust and chemicals will do a job on you like the rest of us and you won't be able to retain any of what you learn.

keeps me cutting my own plugs in half to see how I weighted them ... Welcome Tim ...

BIG TIM
02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Tagger...

vineyardblues
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Welcome, you just got them scared because your name is Big Tim,
They are just a bunch of wack-o's who dwell in their basement :rotf2: and don't see much sun light :)
VB

Slipknot
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Thank you #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.... I understand. I just wish someone had asked.
:btu:

I did but obviously I asked too late after the fuse was lit by the spam police.

VB is right

anyway welcome again:fishin:

GooGoo Man
02-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Welcome Big Tim, I am also new here, this place is great, so much info, I get to sleep @ 2 am, can't get enough info. I need some sleeeeeeeeep!!!!!!

Charleston
02-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Big Tim, welcome to the Forum. Most eveyone here will go out of their way to help a guy out. We all know eachother personally, not just via the internet.

Sometimews as you have seen it can be rough to break the surface. Now that you have, enjoy the ride. Please understand that plug building cost's you money lots of it! If you are here to save money by building plugs, it aint gonna happen :)

Dad 818
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
BIG TIM-the guys here are great. I've only met a couple of guys one time, but they all have offered advice and tips. Like Timber said, there have been some guys who get all the secrets/tips and don't offer anything in return. The guys here who have done this for awhile just get sick of answering the same questions from 50 different newbies, when they can use the search feature.

Hell, the 2 guys I met once have offered on a few occasions to take me fishing and help me learn the in and outs of surfcasting.

Welcome aboard and have fun.

BIG TIM
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks all...

ProfessorM
02-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I used to be an independently wealthy schmuck until I started this hobby.

gone fishin
02-08-2008, 10:10 PM
welcome BT - the gang here have been inhailing AYC and fumes for a long while...:love: