View Full Version : 7-8 Person Charter.

luds
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Need a littlle help. My buddy from college wants to take his brother out boat fishing with a group of about 8 guys. It's a bachelor party and I think they would be fine with or without being able to have beer. Plenty of boozing time later. .:buds::buds::cheers::cheers2::lama::gu::deer:.:bu ds::buds::cheers::cheers2::lama::gu::deer:

Anyway, any suggestions on boats that are good for this size crowd? I don't think they have a preference as far as type of fish. Their looking for the end of August.

numbskull
02-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Consider a shark/tuna/cod/haddock trip out of Green Harbor to the east side of Stellwagen. These guys run 32-36 foot commerical style offshore lobster boats that should be able to handle 8 people, and the fishing in August out that way is often good (though seasickness is a risk if any swell is running).

zacs
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
fluke charter out of Galilee, RI. As many guys as you want, easy fishing, byob, etc. I have been to 4 bachelor parties (including my own) that started on a Francis Fleet boat.

beamie
02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Unless you plan on going on a CG inspected head boat you'll need to take 2 charter boats. 6 paying fare guys max plus crew (6 pack). Best to take just 6 guys or call more friends. If interested of going out of Green Harbor for a day east of the bank your looking at anywhere from a $900 to $1500 day plus tip depending on who you go with.

Salty
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Most of the smaller boats are 6 packs, but there are some that are licensed for 10, you will have to ask around.

Abodeon
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
If you want a private charter, there is a real good guy out of Rock Harbor, Eastham. Miller Time, Charlie Miller. We go out every summer a few times....always do real well...caught 4 tuna in 4 hours on one trip this summer.

MakoMike
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
If you want to all go together you'll need an inspected vessel. Zac's suggestion on the smallest Frances fleet boat is a good one (Captain Frances?) otherwise you'll have to ask around to try and find an inspected vessel that's approved for 8 or 10 passengers.

ThomCat
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
:btu:I have taken guys on a bachelor party gig. We had 9 guys in 3 boats. My boat is a 21 footer and a couple of other captains with boats of similar size all hook up for a bit of a tournament with 3 guys in each. All good fun with a few wagers and a lot of laffs:fishin:

Raider Ronnie
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Need a littlle help. My buddy from college wants to take his brother out boat fishing with a group of about 8 guys. It's a bachelor party and I think they would be fine with or without being able to have beer. Plenty of boozing time later. .:buds::buds::cheers::cheers2::lama::gu::deer:.:bu ds::buds::cheers::cheers2::lama::gu::deer:

Anyway, any suggestions on boats that are good for this size crowd? I don't think they have a preference as far as type of fish. Their looking for the end of August.

Luds,
What type of fishing you want to do?
Also, what time of the year ?
Bottom fishing (cod/haddock) bass, tuna, ???
Like a few mentioned,
Charter boats are only licensed to carry 6 passengers.
More than 6 you need to be an inspected vessel (party/head boat)

luds
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys. All great info and suggestions. The fluke charter sounds like it might be a perfect fit.

Ronnie,
I'm actually not going. Nice guys but I'm not sure I'd want to fish with them. I'll check to see if they have a preferance on fish type. I imagine that they won't.

Back Beach
02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Luds,

You should take them out for a night of surf fishing with you. Screw the boat. :rumble:

luds
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Luds,

You should take them out for a night of surf fishing with you. Screw the boat. :rumble:

That would be ugly. Nice use of that avatar!