View Full Version : Saltiga Surf Braid vs Suffix braid

florida boy
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm new and trying to figure out how to get around this site.Has anyone used both the Saltiga Surf and Suffix braids? Any significant differences?

Gunpowder
02-10-2008, 01:25 AM
i only really use power pro braid but if i was going to choose between one of the two that you mentioned... i would have to lean def. towards the suffix only because i have heard so many good things about it. just dont know enough about the daiwa line to comment on it.

mike

gone fishin
02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome FB -- I use both Power Pro and Suffix braid. I fish only conventional gear, but like both braids. The suffix was new to me last season and I have only good things to say about it. The power pro had issues with the 30 and 40 lb. test breaking off mysteriously, but the 50 and 65 lb. was OK. I found the sufix to be excellent on a Abu 6500 sports mag. and cast fine. The only suggestion that I have with both lines is to use a long shock leader.:humpty:

florida boy
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks. I've been using FINS on my ABU 7000s, which seemed to be the best until I saw a buddy using using Suffix. The new Saltiga Surf Braid supposedly has a thinner diameter and a finish that makes it cast further. I have Power Pro on a ABU 6500, too, but the FINS on the other conventionals. My fiance wants to try fishing the ditch with me this May and I'm having to set up some spinning outfits for her, so I'm re-investigating lines.

luds
02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Both are great. To me the most noticable differance is price....saltiga bread costs a little more. I used both the saltiga boat braid and sufix this season from the surf and was happy with them. I bought sufix for the upcoming season because it was a little less expensive and definitely performs well.

florida boy
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks

Mike P
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
They're both overpriced. Sufix by a little, Saltiga by a lot.

Berkley Big Game braid is about 30% cheaper for a 300 yard spool, and just as good.

Don't get me wrong--Sufix braid is very good stuff, as is the Daiwa product. But for me, they're not worth the price.

reelecstasy
02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
I fished Suffix almost exclusively last year, with very good results. I preferred it more on my conv than on my VS's.

piemma
02-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Suffix braid rocks! Used it on my convenchs on the boat and it was great.