View Full Version : SWE Fishing Show

parker23
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Excellent show. Great job SWE Gang. Most relaxing/fun show of the year and its was FREE. Well I did spend a few hundred on terminal stuff and a pair 0f 7" VS pliers.
I am in the shop cleaning, sorting and getting the gear ready.

cow tamer
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Great show as always.
Lots and lots of pluggages and builders.
Great line-up of speakers from up and down the coast.
Glad to see Steve McKenna and the Hab's family too.
Class act !!!!
Thanks.

bassballer
02-09-2008, 05:36 PM
yeah great show guys. I missed the first seminar but caught DJ Mullers at 11:30. great job DJ.

Got to meet Zeno, talked to afterhours for a while (the lobster style needle is absurd, awesome work) all the plug builders had some awesome stuff.

Great show guys.

snake slinger
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
great show

Adam_777
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Was a good time.Reminds me I need a fishing buddy.Walking around alone kinda sucks.The show was awesome.Learned alot about the tides,Bunker tips from a big giants fan and Surfcasting with Lures from Zeno.Talked with a few plug builders.All in all was a great time.Big props to all the guys @ SWE for the show and all the hard work involved.

afterhours
02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
great show as usual! always a pleasure to be there.....super atmosphere. nice to see see old freinds and meet new ones. hats off once again to the entire swe staff!!!!:humpty: those are some first class people. enjoyed talking to john jr.

jbuck
02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Once again the guys at the Saltwater Edge did a first class job.

Hats off to the whole crew.

Jeff

BigFish
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Had a great time today....first class for sure! Just wish I had time to see a seminar but I sure got to talk to alot of folks! Great speaking with all of you!:wave:

angler229
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Really had a great time today. The seminars were top notch. Dennis Zambrotta was great as always and it was a pleasure to talk to him later in the day as well. I also really enjoyed Zeno's talk he is really good at entertaining as well as teaching which makes for a great talk. Just want to say thanks to Edge for putting on the show and I'm looking forward to the next one.

risurffish
02-10-2008, 04:47 AM
Great show salt water edge guys did a great job. First class from top to bottom

missing link
02-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Great show , nice to see everyone I talked with and meet a couple new people. even getting hit in the eye with fly line the second I popped my head out the door of the outside casting ,no damage lost a couple of eye lashes.
Link

RIJIMMY
02-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Had a great time today....first class for sure! Just wish I had time to see a seminar but I sure got to talk to alot of folks! Great speaking with all of you!:wave:

I'm just glad I'm not a fat old guy. :cheers:

BigFish
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
:jester:

Rock Hopper
02-10-2008, 10:51 AM
As always, a job well done by the SWE crew, thank you for putting a great event together.

Great seeing a lot of familiar faces, thanks for stopping by and checking out the new gear and for your compliments and continued support.

Also great to see a lot friends like: JohnR (our very own), Tattoo, Joe & Jeff (Pt. Jude), Steveie M, ThomCat, Larry (Big Fish Co.), Don (Afterhours), DJ Mueller (Author), RonZ (thanks again!), Garry from from Big Water (thanks as well), Zeno (Author), RoyL and John (Fishing Academy) and the the boys from VS as well as a host of others I can name but the list would just go on and on.

It was also great to see Mrs. Habs and John Jr. out and about.

For anyone who missed this event, mark your calender for next year, it's well worth the trip.

Kadir

jim sylvester
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
great show

IMO best one going
nice job pete and SWE

Pt.JudeJoe
02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
SWE has come a long way from a wee fly shop on Thames Street!What a turn out and a great show it was.Lots of energy in the air.Although I didn't get out of my corner very much:devil:, I enjoyed seeing all the fishing folks again and meeting some new ones. This show is starting to have the look and feel of the big shows.It's a nice way to start out the season and look forward to the coming year.:cheers:

Gunpowder
02-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I WANTED TO GO SOOO BAD!!!!

HOCKEYCOACH
02-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Great show, breaks up the winter. Wife and I were able to make it in time to sit in on the Mooon phase, tide and wind lecture. Very interesting even for the Mrs. Picked up Z's book and talked to him a while very nice and funny guy. Thank Z. Bought a sexy new little tin from Pt Jude, almost convinced her it was jewelry, also a three piece tin. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks to Matt from SWE was very, very helpful, almost pulled the trigger on a 9' Tica and now kicking myself I didn't. BTW Matt I'm putting an order together I send it soon with your name on it. Thanks again SWE and John for a great day.

basswipe
02-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Place was freakin' packed!

Didn't stay to long,standing and not moving makes my knees hurt like you know what.

Got to see some nice stuff.Salty and PJ Joe got some nice new goodies I can't wait to get my hands on at MSBA and RISAA.Always good seeing AH, Lobsta is wild to say the least.

I'd never actually seen any of BigFish's stuff...very nice.Would've intro'd myself and Jane but you were in what seemed to be deep conversation.Next time.

Jeff,hope you got to sit for a little while.

Moses
02-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Good time, my first time going. Brought my two boys with me and they were really into all the different fly tieing going on. I didn't attend any seminars since my boys wouldn't make it thru them, maybe next year.

Got to chat with Salty, Larry, Tattoo, the SWE guys and a few at the central tables. Capt Jim Ellis was especially gracious and walked my boys and I thru one of his flys then made us a sweet teaser.

Salty - I'll see you at MSBA for those tuna needles!

Place was freakin' packed!

Got to see some nice stuff.Salty and PJ Joe got some nice new goodies I can't wait to get my hands on at MSBA and RISAA.

ridler72
02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
First time to a SWE show. Had a great time. Great job with the seminars.

GattaFish
02-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Great show,,,, definitely worth the trip,... Glad I made it,,, It was also nice to meet some of you guys,,,,,

BassDawg
02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
NICE to see everybody and to make some new aquaintences.
Great Show and I had a blast running into some fishing buddies and friends from <<<<<ova there.

Thanks and Congratulations go to Pete and his Staff, for an excellent show. The seminars were great and THANKS to DZ and DJ for their time and thoughtful presentations. Sorry, I missed Zeno but I had to yak and purchase wood at some point :) :).

I also liked the venue, i never felt crowded; although two registers might have speeded things up a bit on the purchasing end of things. No complaints, just a suggestion. Lines only bother me on the end of a BWay when it's 45 minutes between rotations :biglaugh: :biglaugh:.

CLASS EVENT sponsored by CLASS ACTS, one and all, from the NPT Contingent. Especially thoughtful was the honoring of our fallen legend and friend, John Habereck. HABS was sorely missed, but fittingly remembered ~hats off to SWE and the contributing manufacturers that helped to make the raffle a reality.

westhavendave
02-10-2008, 06:22 PM
A really great low key show, not one taffy maker in the place. I prefer this venue to the Hyatt for the facility but did not like the parking situation. I also thought the lobby bar was great as well.:gu:

DJ Muller
02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks SWE, the "Peter's" and everyone. That show was first class as was all the Edge guys, nice place too!
It was good seeing the old buds and good meeting some new faces...Jess was juiced...I like that stuff!
Went to Coddington's after with a bunch of goodfellows...
God Iron Mike had me laughing so damn hard!! And then all the way home this morning too. Good stuuf w/ my buddy Mark.
Tat-good speaking with you!
John R good meeting you...again...:wave:.
Z, Corn, Don, BigFish, PJ Jeff and Joe, Steve McK, Thom Kat, the Habs...everybody!
Hope to see you all again soooon.

Pete_G
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM
There's many people to thank as usual for making this show happen and the list is VERY long so hopefully a thank you to everyone who attends can cover it from vendors, fly tiyers, friends, to customers.

Thanks to everyone who donated in the raffle the fishing community will be able to give the Haberek family a very nice check this week.

As others said it was good to see old friends and make some new ones. Lots of fun was had despite the stress of trying to keep the train on the track all week…

Wild times at Coddington to wrap the day (and the next day) up… :cheers:

Pete_G
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
A really great low key show, not one taffy maker in the place. I prefer this venue to the Hyatt for the facility but did not like the parking situation. I also thought the lobby bar was great as well.:gu:

There's a chance that next year will be the best of both worlds as the Hyatt was remodeling this year and adding a parking garage (it's why we weren't there).

My concern is the cost of renting the place will be too high on account of the renovations there.

The Viking, regardless of the parking, is the best option currently. The Hyatt definitely has a bar too, it's just a little further of a walk, but only by a few hundred yeards. :btu:

Pete_G
02-10-2008, 10:07 PM
NICE to see everybody and to make some new aquaintences.
Great Show and I had a blast running into some fishing buddies and friends from <<<<<ova there.

Thanks and Congratulations go to Pete and his Staff, for an excellent show. The seminars were great and THANKS to DZ and DJ for their time and thoughtful presentations. Sorry, I missed Zeno but I had to yak and purchase wood at some point :) :).

I also liked the venue, i never felt crowded; although two registers might have speeded things up a bit on the purchasing end of things. No complaints, just a suggestion. Lines only bother me on the end of a BWay when it's 45 minutes between rotations :biglaugh: :biglaugh:.

CLASS EVENT sponsored by CLASS ACTS, one and all, from the NPT Contingent. Especially thoughtful was the honoring of our fallen legend and friend, John Habereck. HABS was sorely missed, but fittingly remembered ~hats off to SWE and the contributing manufacturers that helped to make the raffle a reality.

We're working on the multiple registers. The new inventory system we have in place is a little more demanding then a traditional "cash register" as it's feeding inventory numbers to our website in real time so people can't buy what we don't have.

To have multiple registers going at the show might result in a checkout area that will look like we're launching a shuttle but we definitely need to make it work for next year.

BillM
02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I heard about the show last minute and ran down there on Saturday. It didnt take long to get psyched for spring with all
those gorgeous plugs hanging all over the place.I got some good tips from Zeno's seminar, finally bought some nice waders, and even won a raffle prize from Howlin Wolfe Charters.So glad I went!

STREETFIGHT
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
it was another great show- good to see all the new stuff guys have comming out...

great show as usual! always a pleasure to be there.....super atmosphere. nice to see see old freinds and meet new ones. hats off once again to the entire swe staff!!!!:humpty: those are some first class people. enjoyed talking to john jr.

hey don speaking of "hats %$%$%$%$ you going to be offering your hats to the public?

Back Beach
02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I had a friend of mine with me who has surf fished since the 50's. He's obviously seen just about everything during his time. He was extremely impressed as was I, with the quality of workmanship that the plug builders turn out. After we passed by Bigfish:wavey:, Afterhours, and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& he turned to me and said, "The finishes these guys do are unbelievable." Hats off guys.
As always, its one great show as I go more for the social factor than to purchase, but IMO its the best show to attend by far. Its professionally run and organized.

RoyL
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Had a great time at the show..first class for sure. Guys did a great job putting it together. Wish I could have stayed longer or get to see some of the seminars. Tho It was nice to see some of you, it's been a while both in person and on line. My health hasn't been the greatest the last 3 months and with the new home it's been hard to do anything, but im creeping back slowly. It was great to see and speak to the habs family and present them as well with a donation from the fishing academy. Habs did a lot for me and the academy and took care of me with tackle when needed I will always carry that in my hart .....he will be greatly missed. Tho for some reason and I think this is on purpose is that Kadir comes out with all this cool stuff just to make me take days from the water to work the shows...lol salty, Big fish, Pt jude afterhours.....Plugs are looking good. I'll be doing my stocking up at the next show.

chris L
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I tried to make it but couldnt find my way to newburyport RI . isnt that the place with hemphill high school ?

afterhours
02-11-2008, 04:24 PM
it was another great show- good to see all the new stuff guys have comming out...

hey don speaking of "hats %$%$%$%$ you going to be offering your hats to the public?

i have 'em just forgot to put them on new website........

joe the plumber
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Wild times at Coddington to wrap the day (and the next day) up… :cheers:[/QUOTE]

It's Monday night and I still have not recovered from Coddington's.It was great meeting you guys.

ThomCat
02-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Wild times at Coddington to wrap the day (and the next day) up… :cheers:

:grins:Talk about a motley crew!!!!!:buds: You guys were on the magical mystery tour :cheers2:

joe the plumber
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
:grins:Talk about a motley crew!!!!!:buds: You guys were on the magical mystery tour :cheers2:

Fear and Loathing....

Zeno
02-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I'd like to thank all of those who stopped by my table and attended my seminar.It was fantastic to meet so many enthusiastic surfcasters.Of course ,its always great to see old friends ,particularly Pete and SWE crew.I wish I had time to sit on few seminars myself but it wasn't in the cards.Fortunately I did have about an hours worthy of time as I was driving at 5 am on 95 so I made a quick stop at Foxwoods.I never leave that place disappointed ....:nailem::hihi: