View Full Version : Scammin the scammer

UserRemoved1
02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Here's a laugh for the day...

I been working with a Sheriff Dept out west for a few weeks on a nigerian credit card scam that this dumby tried to pull on me here in the US. It's where they send you an email and want you to sell them something and ship it to them. So this particular guy I played along with and the dumb effer sent me 3 credit card numbers to run this transaction on. I googled the sheriff out there and forwarded all the stuff I had on the guy.

So last week I sent him a 26lb box of old catalogs and trash and forwarded the ups tracking information like he asked. The address didn't belong to him and the name he used was a town administrator (stolen name too) Today was the day the box got delivered. Cops staked the place out, watched the box get delivered then the DUMBASS stops and picks it up. Cops had a search warrant waiting and got him for about 6 charges :rotf2: Guy never saw it coming....There are some seriously STOOPID people out there in this world.

Lesson #1 don't mess with booger :grins:

tattoobob
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
go get them Booger :whackin:

Squid kids Dad
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Good for you Scott...One the for the good guys...:kewl:

basswipe
02-11-2008, 07:42 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!

Awesome Scott.

UserRemoved1
02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I hope they don't send my trash back now :hee:

Raven
02-12-2008, 05:46 AM
on getting that guy....

i saw this one show on an identity thief who had over 100 fake credit cards
and his whole house was full of stuff he cheated people out of including heaps of cash everywhere....it was unbelievable...just
how much this guy was getting away with :hs:
~
on a personal note i had a guy in Fall river just rip me off for work! "a weeks wages" and hasn't paid me yet... been a month and i have just filed a claim against him for committing fraud via the internet.

next is the labor board and i intend to put him out of business since he decided to F with the Raven which i warned him not to do.

PaulS
02-12-2008, 07:55 AM
:laugha::kewl:

gone fishin
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Good score Scott!:buds:

fishbones
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope they don't send my trash back now :hee:

If you're lucky, they'll file it away as evidence and you'll never see it again.:D

Swimmer
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Way to go Scott. I think thats pissa.

UserRemoved1
08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x330490617/Woman-gets-jail-time-for-100K-identity-theft-case

THIS is EXACTLY how they do it. THIS is what they tried to do to me.

johnny ducketts
08-21-2008, 07:22 PM
that's awesome salty :btu:

Clueless
08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.milforddailynews.com/news/x330490617/Woman-gets-jail-time-for-100K-identity-theft-case

THIS is EXACTLY how they do it. THIS is what they tried to do to me.
Oh, the poor thing looks terribly distraught. :crying: I do hope she'll be OK. It sounds like she has so many problems.

"Even sadder are the victims in the case, some of whom had cancer"

Scumbag.

UserRemoved1
08-22-2008, 03:16 AM
I hope everyone reads this and understands how this works so they avoid it. It's becoming a big problem.

scumbag is really being too nice clueless :hee:

The Dad Fisherman
08-22-2008, 07:44 AM
They did a piece on 20/20 about this. They did the hidden camera thing and had a meeting with a couple of them.....since they were meeting these guys overseas there was nothing they could do legally against them, they just called them out and made them squirm

One guy that got taken was his town's treasurer and he cleaned out the town coffers to one of these guys

I say it all the Time....... YCFS

Mike P
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
The other scam they love to tun is a variation of the old handkerchief con game.

Some guy will contact you and ask you to order something for him online, and give you a plausible reason why he can't do it himself. He'll tell you to hold the item for his representative, who'll stop by with either a certified check or a money order. You order the goods, pay for them with your credit card, and the "representative" shows and hands you a forged check/MO, which you won't find out about until it's too late. Or, you'll be selling something on eBay or Craigslist, and someone will offer to buy your item using this arrangement (representative showing up with a certified check/MO).