View Full Version : Plug Display boxes

nightfighter
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Fooling around in the shop today. Maybe I'll bring a couple of these to Plugfest for swappage, or other arrangements.... Mahogany with homosote backer. Australian Timber oil with Tung oil finish. This one is 24"X12" OD No cover, just the prototype.

Vista Sux!!!!!
Can't get this GD new Microchit OS to resize the photos.......:fury:

Backbeach Jake
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Excuse me while I laugh my arse off. I feel your pain.:laugha:

nightfighter
02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
No luck on the pics yet... What size would you want a box to be? For one plug, or ?????? What color would you want the homosote backing? (using homosote so you can cover with material or photo, and attach with brads, pins, etc.) Does it need a cover? Or a slot to slide glass in?

Rockfish9
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm going to have a few myself, not fancy, just Poopalar, stained cherry.. Plexiglass front..

and a frame with peg board...

nightfighter
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Booger!

So if anyone wants somethimg made up, PM me or leave it here with what you are looking for.

nightfighter
02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
As of now, here's what is unspoken for. I'll have the prototype, plus three 10"x20" for Saturday. All will have top covers, routed to receive glass or plexi. Backs are luan, so looks like the frame. I will also cut out homosote to fit inside if wanted. All that you will need is a set of hinges, glass, and plugs!

AT Grimaldi
02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Hello nightfighter - I would love to get my hands on one of these kits. I'll bring some pluggage and painted jigs I do for Bonita for you to check out.

I have been meaning to get around to making some boxes for my collectors.

ATG

nightfighter
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
You got one!