View Full Version : The Rocket faces the heat

Hooper
02-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Looks like Rep. Dan Burton is on The Rocket's payroll....along with most of the Republicans on the comittee.:angel:

spence
02-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm listening to it in the background...

It's brutal for both parties involved. Everyone is looking bad.

-spence

BassDawg
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Burton should be recused and his testimony stricken as
highly volatile and infantile. He, McNamee, lied to the press!!
He told the truth, under oath.

Roger lied to both parties.

Bronko
02-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Just another opportunity for blowhard politicians to look for the cameras and rush to grandstand.

This is a disgrace. No wonder nothing of substance gets done in the House and Senate. They all can't wait to get back to their office to look at the autographs Clemmens gave them.

striperman36
02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
So you thing Roger is lying a Texan bandito

Raider Ronnie
02-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Roger
:hang::hang::hang:

BassDawg
02-13-2008, 12:55 PM
LOVE that Nanny!!!!

Give it up, Rocket..........

You lying sack of SHEEEEET!

Also, who is this Cossack piece of work and which rock did ESPN pull him out from under?
Are you kidding me with Burton's feeble ambiguous attempt to doubt McNamee's credibility. How about the coroboration aspect of the Nanny? How about the way in which he DID protect all three players by lying to the Press? What, was McNamee supposed to lie to Mitchell and Congess as well?
Cossack is a Roger stooge :wall: :wall:.

Where is the objectivity? No such thing in press anymore!
From my view, The Rocket looks like the liar and McNamee looks very credible.
Roger's gonna get soome time for perjury before he's done!

Raider Ronnie
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
LOVE that Nanny!!!!

Give it up, Rocket1

You lying sack of SHEEEEET!

Possible tampering with a witness (the nanny) charge coming for Roger!

spence
02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
So you thing Roger is lying a Texan bandito
Based on what I've heard so far, I don't believe either of them.

-spence

MrHunters
02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
besides being a high profile case, I guess I don't understand it all that much... Why does this have to go in front of politicians and seem SOOOO important.

I mean.. alot of people do drugs and no one cares. So his salary makes him more important that the rest of us? I don't get it :huh:

pmueller
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
This is a bad day for Clemens. The interesting point that I can not figure out right now, why are the angle of the questions falling down party lines??
Dems w Macnamee
Repubs w Clemens

BassDawg
02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Based on what I've heard so far, I don't believe either of them.

-spence

Can't be much more on the fence than that, spence.

One or the other of them is LYING.

McNamee has the Pettitte(s), Knoblauch, Mitchell, viles and swabs, Debbie Clemens, and the Nanny to support his statements and his involvement with HGH and steroids.

Clemens has himself, and Canseco about one thing ~a stinkin' BBQ. And Roger has changed his testimony on that remotely related incident within THESE very proceedings. Before the break he said that he was never there. After the break and the Nanny's testimony via deposition, he said that he may have stopped by to drop of his foursome, his wife, his kids, his nanny?? Which one is it, LIAR??

spence
02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Can't be much mopre on the fence than that, spence.
Just because one is lying doesn't mean that the other isn't as well.

-spence

BigFish
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
What a ridiculous dog and pony show!!! One of the Senators was questioning McNamee and he was asking him questions that were in regards to someone else (I can't recall his name)......these idiots do not even know who they are talking to or about!!!! What a huge joke!:bs:

pmueller
02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
[Clemens has himself, and Canseco about one thing a stinkin' BBQ. And Roger has changed his testimony on that one within THESE very proceedings. Before the break he said that he was never there.
After the break, he said that he may have stopped by to drop of his wife, his kids, his nanny?? Which one is it, LIAR??[/QUOTE]

There's so much said about the BBQ. Other than credability, why is the BBQ so important?

EarnedStripes44
02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
the goose, is cooked!!

BassDawg
02-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Exactly!

The boobs for Roger used it to call into question McNamee's credibility.

The funny thing is that all the posturing by those stooges backfired when the Nanny's deposition validates McNamee's statements.

Did anyone else see Roger going cotton-mouth up there, his eyes going from side to side searching for more lies, and the evasiveness of his responses when asked a direct question? If i heard about his triplecrown, his Cy's, and his pooooor Momma one more time, i think that i would've puked!!!

Also, did anyone else see Senator Davis go into the back room with Roger afterwards?

Congrats to Senator Waxman for conducting and chairing on the side of reason and fairplay ~despite some of his colleagues attempts to glad-hand and cow-tow to the MLB Icon, displicable to say the least!

Mike P
02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
[Clemens has himself, and Canseco about one thing a stinkin' BBQ. And Roger has changed his testimony on that one within THESE very proceedings. Before the break he said that he was never there.
After the break, he said that he may have stopped by to drop of his wife, his kids, his nanny?? Which one is it, LIAR??

There's so much said about the BBQ. Other than credability, why is the BBQ so important?[/QUOTE]

It's not. In a court of law it would be called a "collateral issue", one that isn't even pertinent to the case. If Clemens was found to have lied about being there, he couldn't even be prosecuted for perjury because the lie is not about a "material fact" :rollem:

When I turned the radio on to drive to the Fall River courthouse, the first question I heard was, "Mr. Clemens do you suffer from anemia" as one guy grilled him about all of the legitimate medical uses for B-12 :hihi: That one guy really got in his face about his ridiculous "it was B-12 and my momma told me it was good for me" :bs:

The Dad Fisherman
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
There's so much said about the BBQ. Other than credability, why is the BBQ so important?

Clemens is starting to lay the Groundwork for the "Smoking Rib" Defense.

We all know that beef is loaded with Growth Hormones so if he can establish that he stuffed his Pie-Hole at the BBQ with an un-godly amount of Ribs and Burgers it would explain the HGH in his system.

He will also try and use this in conjuntion with the "Slick Willy at the Drive-Thru" Defense and claim that he did Chew but never Swallowed

pmueller
02-13-2008, 04:43 PM

It's not. In a court of law it would be called a "collateral issue", one that isn't even pertinent to the case. If Clemens was found to have lied about being there, he couldn't even be prosecuted for perjury because the lie is not about a "material fact" :rollem:

When I turned the radio on to drive to the Fall River courthouse, the first question I heard was, "Mr. Clemens do you suffer from anemia" as one guy grilled him about all of the legitimate medical uses for B-12 :hihi: That one guy really got in his face about his ridiculous "it was B-12 and my momma told me it was good for me" :bs:[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought. Pretty much saw the whole thing today. Working later today.
I think his lawyers have alot more work to do. Clemens really lost today.

wrikerjr
02-14-2008, 08:39 AM
besides being a high profile case, I guess I don't understand it all that much... Why does this have to go in front of politicians and seem SOOOO important.

I mean.. alot of people do drugs and no one cares. So his salary makes him more important that the rest of us? I don't get it :huh:

The reason they bring it up is because of little kids and steroids, rather than MLB and steroids. If you make examples out of superstars then the thought is younger athletes wont use them.

Its very sad. I got 10 things that came out of this debacle yesterday:

1.) McNamee is a liar and a drug dealer (we already new that)
2.) Pettite lied about his HGH use (this was shocking)
3.) McNamee's story about Clemens appears to be backed by Pettite and Knoblach (a little shocking)
4.) Pettite will be called in to testify about the conversation and you will have Pettite on one side and Clemens on the other (very interesting)
5.) They will have about 5 more of these hearings before someone is charged with perjury (waste of money)
6.) Clemens did HGH (suspected but now confirmed imo)
7.) Their was really no talk about anabolic steroids primarily hgh
8.) Barry Bonds will go down a much different route that Clemens
9.) congress has no plans on ensuring kids don't use steroids, they only care if Clemens used it (typical congress crap)
10.) Waxman looks like a pig who fell off a bus face first:rotflmao:

BassDawg
02-14-2008, 03:52 PM
The reason they bring it up is because of little kids and steroids, rather than MLB and steroids. If you make examples out of superstars then the thought is younger athletes wont use them.

Its very sad. I got 10 things that came out of this debacle yesterday:

1.) McNamee is a liar and a drug dealer (we already new that)
2.) Pettite lied about his HGH use (this was shocking)
3.) McNamee's story about Clemens appears to be backed by Pettite and Knoblach (a little shocking)
4.) Pettite will be called in to testify about the conversation and you will have Pettite on one side and Clemens on the other (very interesting)
5.) They will have about 5 more of these hearings before someone is charged with perjury (waste of money)
6.) Clemens did HGH (suspected but now confirmed imo)
7.) Their was really no talk about anabolic steroids primarily hgh
8.) Barry Bonds will go down a much different route that Clemens
9.) congress has no plans on ensuring kids don't use steroids, they only care if Clemens used it (typical congress crap)
10.) Waxman looks like a pig who fell off a bus face first:rotflmao:

Well said, wrikerjr, and funny too.

1). McNamee lied to The PRESS, to protect his clients, and he told the truth ~little by little, which is typical when one is part of the Drugee sub-culture~ when compelled to do so, UNDER OATH. Also, under oath he admitted to lying to the press and being dishonest by omission (viles/syringes/swabs) when he first spoke to investigators. Bottom line is he did tell the truth about lying and when he lied. Roger just continues to LIE, LIE, LIE!!

2). The only person that he allegedly lied about was Roger. Roger is the only one that says, "Andy 'misremembered' our conversation". All other accounts of Pettitte's statements have been corroborated by McNamee, Mitchell, Knoblauch, and Laura Pettitte.

3). And the viles/swabs/syringes and coming fingerprints on said viles, I presume? I just hope that he didn't forget how to wear a wire and when to wear a wire!! What if McNamee is really a NARC sent by the Feds to infiltrate MLB? If he is, he certainly wouldn't have blown his cover yet; thereby allowing him to snare the crooked congressional questioneers of yesterday, as well.

4). Andy Pettitte has no need for further testimony regarding this matter as he has been deposed by Congress and written a sworn affidavit that he submitted to the Sub-Comittee that will more than refute Roger's LIES and continue to destroy Clemens' credibility.

5). No need for further Congressional Hearings, as i am quite sure that the 5 FBI agents present were provided with all the ample perjurious testimony that they will need to proceed with criminal proceedings. No more taxpayer's money is necessary; but the draining away of a sizeable portion of Clemens' millions is inevitable, since the defamation suit against McNamee has yet to commence, there will hopefully be federal and state prosecutions based upon the physical evidence, and i don't think that Roger has seen the last of McNamee's defense team.

6). NO DOUBT, bro!

7). Did ya hear Senator Lynch's comments? The abcess to Roger's "star player's buttocks", in the slanted words of Sen Dufus Davis, were all about a winstrol injection gone bad, allegedly. What was the whole B12 BS about a bruised glute and the cockamaimey Baylor U study??? Are you sheeeetin' me? The last time I checked Baylor is still in the Lone Star State, isn't it? And Senator Steve Lynch-MA had not one, not two, but three experts and over 60 years of experience with regard to B12 vs Winstrol injections that agreed with McNamee. Even Dr Taylor, the Blue Jays team doctor, who gave Clemens one of his only two shots that the good doctor ever administered seemed unsure of whether or not THE abcess was consistent with a B12 shot gone bad and lent more credibility to the data compiled by Senator Lynch, imo.

8). Certainly! As Clemens, in his zeal for litigiousness, has opened up way too many cans of worms and not nearly enough cans of reality or "whipass" to borrow a Southern vernacular. The prosecutorial firestorm that ensues him WILL be costly ~both financially and reputation-wise, serious ~from a legal standpoint and the repercussions that may or may not result from the consequences of his past/present/future actions, and damaging ~to his relationships with the media, his dwindling fandom/"regime" (TY Ginny Fox-NC for some reel laffs), and his family will be dragged thru this farce ad infinitum (how's Kobe and his younger brothers gonna take seeing thier once MLB iconic father reduced to the shell of a man/athelete that he has and will become as a result of his own pig-headedness?)

9). That's debatable, to say the least. Without the first Congressional Hearing, there is NO Mitchell Report. Without the Mitchell Report, there are not 89 players named and no mention of McNamee or Clemens. Without bringing players of his former status out of the bathroom stalls and closets of the MLB lockerrooms, then kids think that they'll never get caught and that even the greats did it and they GOT AWAY with it.

We need these trials and the consequences that will follow to send our young atheletes the right message and to provoke the Players' Union to bring a loud and consistent message forward about the dangers and misfortunes of the Steroid Era. And MLB has some splainin' to do as well. In my opinion, they were complicit to a large degree in the past and, by extension, still are responsible for the current state of affairs. MLB Owners must "own" thier part of this Tainted Era as well, for they may have been the Big Ostriches in this Zoo; but, it was thier friggin' "sand" after all is said and done.

10). Agreed, wrikerjr, he isn't the best looker, but who cares what he looks like; unless you're planning on hooking him up? He came out of this looking better than any of DC's "fine" assembly, save for Senator Cummings. And the Gentlemen from Massachusetts who appeared were not far behind Senator Elijah Cummings. We could not have had a more fair and reasonable chairing of the differences gavelled by Mr Waxman, and his experience served him well when faced with the grand fanaticism and shadowing of doubts that Roger's rumpswabbers tried to thrust upon this nation's better and common sensibilities, imho!

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING, sadly!

The BEGINNING of THE END for Clemens, HOPEFULLY!

Had he stepped up to the plate from the outset, like the 88 other players named by Senator Mitchell, this would already be behind us and he could've walked away with only a flesh wound. To a fan/foe, we would've said, "He was still onehelluva pitcher and everyone else was doing it, add another cheater to the list.........." and in time he would be forgiven.

It is his constant deception and pathalogical denials of what everyone else with 1/2 a brain knows to be true that chaps my arse so vehemently!! I am not alone. Roger, WE ARE NOT that stupid! WE WILL NOT carry your dirty pile of steroids and HGH crap for you! And, no matter how insistant you become, no matter how broken this will break you, and no matter who continues to lie for you and to you about this bizarre image you've fashioned for yourself ~~you must face REALITY at some point. I've always thought, the Sooner the better. But hey, I wonder what yer Momma said about THAT, Rogie? Did she just TELL ya to take B12 and not likewise inform you on the healthy benefits of a clear and sober conscience?

Mike P
02-14-2008, 05:01 PM
3). And the viles/swabs/syringes and coming fingerprints on said viles, I presume? I just hope that he didn't forget how to wear a wire and when to wear a wire!! What if McNamee is really a NARC sent by the Feds to infiltrate MLB? If he is, he certainly wouldn't have blown his cover yet; thereby allowing him to snare the crooked congressional questioneers of yesterday, as well.

You have quite the vivid imagination. You're forgetting that most, if not all, of the Committee members never met privately with McNamee the way they did with Clemens. Plus, the fact of the matter is that the Congressmen who went into the tank for Clemens are republicans. We have a Republican President who appointed a Republican Attorney General to head the Justice Department, and it would be the Justice Department who would be using McNamee as a snitch in your scenario. So you have Republicans-controlled federal agents, investigating Republican congressmen for the heinous crime of what----being star-struck by a world famous celebrity athlete? :rollem:

Hooper
02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
The truly scary thing.... this was about baseball, a meaningless topic. Imagine something important.

No wonder, that's all I can say, no wonder.....It makes me want to puke.

BassDawg
02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
You have quite the vivid imagination. You're forgetting that most, if not all, of the Committee members never met privately with McNamee the way they did with Clemens. Plus, the fact of the matter is that the Congressmen who went into the tank for Clemens are republicans. We have a Republican President who appointed a Republican Attorney General to head the Justice Department, and it would be the Justice Department who would be using McNamee as a snitch in your scenario. So you have Republicans-controlled federal agents, investigating Republican congressmen for the heinous crime of what----being star-struck by a world famous celebrity athlete? :rollem:

Mike P, I'm referring to "the wire" to get Clemens on tape, not the Senators. If i mislead you with the wiretapping theory, that is my fault and i apologize.

I used the word "snare", rather loosely and meant it more to the definiton of tripping them up on their own words and their blatant stupidity that was MORE than evident yesterday. Because, i believe, if they knew about wire taped ped injection sessions between Clemens and McNamee, then they certainly would have refused the President's and Rusty Harden's bidding, wouldn't they have?? Although with some of them, that's NOT a guarantee.

I am fully aware of the Republican Pipeline and the "Good Ole Boys" network of Texas with regard to the Bush family empire. I grew up in Oklahoma and my step-father was in the Independent Awwwwl Bidness (geology, exploration, drilling, completion, and production of NG and crude) so i've seen W's type firsthand. And Roger is the Lone Star State's Golden Boy. Rather sad, really, that W and Herbert have nothing more pressing than securing the highest oil prices in the history of our country, waging war so their OPEC cronies can deepen their Saudi pockets and fatten Exxon and the 3 other "Sisters" purses also, along with influencing a Congressional Sub-Comittee for the Texas Con Man.

HELL!! Why shouldn't they, he is one of them ~~
ALL Texas con men gotta stick togetherrrr, ya'll!

These types of personalities think nothing of putting TEXAS above all else and will lie, cheat, steal, and stop at nothing to promote their legends and will squash whomever tries to tell them differently. Their version of "reality" is often the only one they'll see, no matter how convoluted.

EarnedStripes44
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Looks like there is some photographic evidence of Clemens at the barbecue. You know the one he said he did not attend. One Lie usually leads to many...

EarnedStripes44
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7828840?MSNHPHMA

Mike P
02-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Looks like there is some photographic evidence of Clemens at the barbecue. You know the one he said he did not attend. One Lie usually leads to many...

Whether Clemens was or wasn't at that party isn't a "material fact" for purposes of charging him with perjury, but it does lend some support to McNamee's testimony.

striperman36
02-22-2008, 07:31 PM
CLemens BBQ on a stick. Liar liar pants on fire

BassDawg
02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Another boulder that adds to the MOUNTAIN of lies!!

Soooooo, how long before he tries to tell us that the "B12" shots
were not steroids and not HGH?

I can hear the Texas sized LIE now, "I was told that they were 'B12' shots", and when will it be brought to light that that was the code word for Tha JUICE??? You know it, the players/MLB/the owners/the trainers from The Steroids Era know it, and i know it!! Roger will claim TOTAL INNOCENCE on this one too.

Everyone else "misremembers", but not Roger, he's gonna go down as the only one in MLB that was surrounded by Steroids and HGH but
never "touched" the stuff :bs:!!

Raider Ronnie
02-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Now they are saying there is a picture of Roger at the cookout further proving he was at the bbq and that he's a liar.
Other than him lying and now could face perjury charges,
what was the big deal with him being at this bbq in the 1st place that he needed to lie about being there ???
:huh:

The Dad Fisherman
02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Supposedly that is where he hooked up with macnamee, and Canseco introduced him to the guy in relations to starting the "Juice"

Vermonter
02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Now they are saying there is a picture of Roger at the cookout further proving he was at the bbq and that he's a liar.
Other than him lying and now could face perjury charges,
what was the big deal with him being at this bbq in the 1st place that he needed to lie about being there ???
:huh:

Impression I got was that it was Roger's lawyers making a big deal out of it, think they were trying to pin any kind of provable lie on McNamee, then they'd be able to say something like.."he lied about that and he's lying about everything else". A way to attack McNamee's overall credibility in the minds of the public. Im no lawyer but that's how I took it.

added later- the timing to it all seems to add to the possibility, the fact that it came during the brief lull in the media exposure right before Clemens had to testify before Congress.

Raider Ronnie
02-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Impression I got was that it was Roger's lawyers making a big deal out of it, think they were trying to pin any kind of provable lie on McNamee, then they'd be able to say something like.."he lied about that and he's lying about everything else". A way to attack McNamee's overall credibility in the minds of the public. Im no lawyer but that's how I took it.

added later- the timing to it all seems to add to the possibility, the fact that it came during the brief lull in the media exposure right before Clemens had to testify before Congress.

I think Roger is guilty as hell.
But with the the big deal that they have been making of it (other than him getting caught in a bunch of lies) the impression I got about this BBQ, everyone went to the party to get shot up or to learn how to shoot up with steroids or HGH!
Kind of like an orgy for steroid freaks ! :rotf3:

Vermonter
02-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I think he's guilty as hell myself, just amazed it ever got this far or that Clemens pushed it this far.