View Full Version : Danish Newspaper - Gotta love it

wheresmy50
02-13-2008, 12:07 PM
A little background - the police in Denmark have arrest people who they said were plotting to kill the cartoonist who drew the cartoon of Mohammed which caused Muslims all over the world to riot and kill each other.

Anway, the newspaper recently reprinted the cartoons. I can only assume this is meant to be a big F U to the type of people who would try to kill one of their cartoonists.

I don't know who made that decision, but if I ever meet that guy I'll buy him a beer.

Mike P
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
The Danes have always had balls. After the Nazis invaded Denmark, every Dane, from the king down, sewed a yellow Star of David on their clothes so the Jews wouldn't stand out.

RIJIMMY
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
There was a time when you could say the same about the US.
Today there would be 10,000 protesters complaining about putting tea in harbor.......

Joe
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I don't know, methinks inciting Muslim Extremists is not a wise life choice. If you ask them to "bring it on," they tend to take you up on the offer. When they blow up the building, I'm thinking the secretaries and the janitors would probably prefer not to die for their publisher's journalistic ideal.

wheresmy50
02-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I understand where you're coming from Joe, but I still like it. There's a certain John Wayne quality to reprinting that cartoon. A lot of people profess about not giving in to terrorists, but few would have the stones to do what that guy did.

I know it's not the same, but it reminds me of McAuliffe's "Nuts" message at Bastogne. Too many people try to placate their known enemies these days. It's nice to see someone telling them to go F themselves. How many people debated whether or not the 9/11 memorial would offend Muslims?

Hell, South Park, who pokes fun at everything and everyone (including Jesus), wouldn't even show an image, any image, of Mohammed.

spence
02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
There's a certain John Wayne quality to reprinting that cartoon. A lot of people profess about not giving in to terrorists, but few would have the stones to do what that guy did.
The last thing we need in dealing with terrorisim is more of a "cowboy" attitude.

This doesn't appear to be an FU moment, but rather a quite, resolute signal that freedom will endure. It's called leading by example and I applaud them for it.

-spence

RIJIMMY
02-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Who said " I may not agree whith what you said but I'd die for your right to say it"

Raven
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
The last thing we need in dealing with terrorisim is more of a "cowboy" attitude.

-spence

and you could add to that statement...

nor do we need a woman
Like Hillary Clinton trying to dictate to the muslim world
where to get off. I pray that her political run for the presidency is just about to END

and as for Danish Cartoonist
Bravo! ... hey buddy :wave:

spence
02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
and you could add to that statement...

nor do we need a woman
Like Hillary Clinton trying to dictate to the muslim world
where to get off.
While I'm no Hillary fan, I think a woman could be very effective in dealing with terrorisim. Considering that Saudia Arabia doesn't allow women to drive cars, meet with (non family) men in public places, and is at this moment trying to execute a woman for the crime of "witchcraft" - - - more powerful female role models would really say a lot.

-spence

Raven
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
and i am in total agreement with you...

but if you'll notice i highlighted the word LIKE
in my statement to indicate that she is the kind of woman
that infuriates men to a certain degree just with her mannerisms.

A case in POINT is the way she basically bitch slapped the heavy brass
in the white house as first lady...alienating herself from them with precision with so little effort... i believe that pompous attitude would carry forward to her diplomatic relations with the muslim world leaders as well since she can't seem to get along even with our own military generals here at home.

spence
02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I hear what you're saying...

Although to be honest, I don't think the other World leaders would have a clue as to how to deal with her :)

That being said, it's mostly a moot issue now. I think she's history.

-spence

RIJIMMY
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I'd like to think Obama is a great candidate, but I think its actually that Hillary is uniting the country - in that most races, classes and gender, can't stand her.