View Full Version : When will the IGFA World Record for Striped Bass...........

BassDawg
02-17-2008, 10:34 AM
be BROKEN???

After talking with more than a few of the over fiddy club members at
the Edge's Show. Each of them was of the mind that we are in the midst of a two to three year window of 80# yearmates. A 73#'er was boated last season down NC way.................

While i know that many doan see themselves in that category of angler, it is still fun to dream and hope that sometime in the near future the McReynolds fish will fall and that hopefully someone from these pages or these waters will make it happen!?!

What say you, gents?

Rob Rockcrawler
02-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Im thinkin last week of may/beginning of june this year. Will post pix.:jump:

keeperreaper
02-17-2008, 10:58 AM
I hope you are right!

bloocrab
02-17-2008, 12:34 PM
For the internets' sake........I hope it's by a mother who was fishing with her husband and family for the 1st time from the beach while on vacation with a Sil-star combo.

I hope no-one from this site nor any other site for that matter catches it. You're all too fat-headed to appreciate it.........and NO, I hope it's not my wife who does it either.

fishaholic18
02-17-2008, 12:46 PM
For the internets' sake........I hope it's by a mother who was fishing with her husband and family for the 1st time from the beach while on vacation with a Sil-star combo.

I hope no-one from this site nor any other site for that matter catches it. You're all too fat-headed to appreciate it.........and NO, I hope it's not my wife who does it either.

I hope it's you Bloooooo:buds::rotf2:

Goose
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Good point Gee. I hope its an illegal alien who doesn't speak English,,,
Epo's show up at the ramp or bridge. Then, Epo's make a few calls, making the bass official. Photo's are taken for the next days paper, in turn getting the media involved, first locally then nationally. He might born & trained in the the Middle East too.

BassDawg
02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
September, 2009.

Up Cape Ann way...............i know where, do you :bl: :bl: :bl:?

Backbeach Jake
02-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Never. I think that "race" of stripers is long dead. I think that some may come close, but THE 80# and up fish are gone gone gone... we missed it....

The Dad Fisherman
02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Good point Gee. I hope its an illegal alien who doesn't speak English,,,
Epo's show up at the ramp or bridge. Then, Epo's make a few calls, making the bass official. Photo's are taken for the next days paper, in turn getting the media involved, first locally then nationally. He might born & trained in the the Middle East too.

Don't forget...he got it on a Berkely power grub on a Sliding Sinker rig

baldwin
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm a workin' on it!