View Full Version : Wading boots?

Rob Rockcrawler
02-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Been looking for a new pair since novemeber. The ones i had basically exploded at the end of last season. Cant find a decent pair anywhere. Tried bass pro and cabelas, struck out like usual. Would like lug soles, felt soles seem to be a little thick with korkers. Any suggestions as to models and places to get em?

spence
02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty happy with the Simms studded boots I bought last year, they were expensive though.

I think Saltwater Edge in Newport is the only site sponsor who sells boots (please correct me if I'm wrong) so they might be a good place to start.

Online there are several options, LLBean of course as well as Sierratradingpost.com where you can score some really good deals.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?Ne=9000000&anyWords=&N=9000349&allWords=&exactPhrase=&allAnyWords=&searchWithin=

You can get an extra 20% off by using this code at checkout (61947). I order a lot of stuff here, and for some items just get a few sizes and ship back what doesn't fit. It's only a flat $5.50!

I thought Sierratradingpost used to have a banner ad here, but I don't see it any more. Regardless, just like LL Bean they offer an unconditional lifetime warranty on everything they sell. You really can't go wrong...

-spence

Rob Rockcrawler
02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks spence, i broused the sierra trading post, and they have the korkers boots wicked cheap. Also, the beans west branch aqua stealth look like a decent boot. One or the other will be purchased after the MBSA show.

basswipe
02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I know you already checked Cabelas.These are excellent boots for the price.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0026700830750a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=wading+boots&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=wading+boots&noImage=0

spence
02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
And studs to boot! They do look like a great value.

-spence

JFigliuolo
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
I picked up a pair over the winter. We'll see how they hold up this season.

NIB
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Lots of my crew where diggin the korkers boot this yr..

Rob Rockcrawler
02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I just ordered a pair from cabelas. I used a gift card. The store in hartfod had a really poor selection as did the BPS. I didnt check the online stores. Hopefully they will do the trick. Thanks guys.

Stewie
02-17-2008, 05:12 PM
I bought a pair of the Cabelas Lightweights with studs last year. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they are very comfortable and very lightweight. I'm looking forward to not wearing rubber bootfoot waders and Korkers this year.

RoyL
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
The hodgmans arn't to bad for the money either. They make a lug sole. If there's one thing of wading shoes I've learned is that you have to rinse and put them to dry to get them to last a little longer. No matter how mildew proof they are.

linesider69
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
I bought a pair of the Cabelas Lightweights with studs last year. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they are very comfortable and very lightweight. I'm looking forward to not wearing rubber bootfoot waders and Korkers this year.

your too old to go down the rocks to get your fish anyway!!:wave:

wheresmy50
02-18-2008, 05:19 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0026700830750a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=wading+boots&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=wading+boots&noImage=0

Best wading boots I've used. I can't speak much for long term durability since I didn't fish much this year, but I've put about 10 rock miles on them and no studs have fallen out and they stick like glue. Compared to most studded felts, the studs stick out really far which helps on weed. Plus I figure once they do eventually fall out, you still have felt boots, which is what I used to buy anyway.

You need to make 2 small cuts on each boot to get your foot in easily - don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds.

zacs
02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
The hodgmans arn't to bad for the money either. They make a lug sole. If there's one thing of wading shoes I've learned is that you have to rinse and put them to dry to get them to last a little longer. No matter how mildew proof they are.

i have also had good luck with the studded hodgmans.

pbadad
02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Cabelas ultra lite studded boots so far so good. I used the unstudded version for 4 years. Held up well. Price is right also. The studs work fairly well. When I'm in bubble weed I slip on the korkers. Fit over the studded soles no problem.