View Full Version : No Ho'-age?

BigFish
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Is Plug Hoing a dying art? Anybody ho any good stuff yesterday? Swap for any good stuff yesterday??? Lets see some plug pics....I am bored over here!:eyes:

For the record....I did not Ho any plugs!:huh:

Striperknight
02-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I gave a lot away and made some trades.
My stash from yesterday.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/Bigred20/stash.jpg

saltydog
02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
BigFish, yes I got this sander from a guy, what a steel:hihi:
thank you, I got a NEW BELT an Disc Pads,today. thanks for the demo on painting. nice to see how you blended the colors it helped
me greatly, now to find CANS w/ thoes colors:huh:
see ya Saturday
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers:

Raider Ronnie
02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
My son Leo is a hoe in training!
He came home with a few others also.:lama:

Charleston
02-17-2008, 04:14 PM
There was a sign on the wall;
No Ho Zone
It was all trades for me:fishin: I came home with 10 plugs that I didn't have when I left!

ShipWrecked
02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
I was shut out last night. The kicker was the No ho sign on Tagger stuff. I was planning to go to my car and get my drill and pop the case and put a card saying thanks for the plug.

mikecc
02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Felicia looks forward to plugfest. the only time she wants to help out painting is the week prior to plugfest and she does just enough to trade :D here is a few that she got from the guys

mikecc
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Great work guys.
She told me I'm not allowed to touch them and she wants her own section in the shop to hang them.

Dad 818
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Larry I tried, but you never opened your case!!

numbskull gave me a nice pink/pearl needle and rockfish9 gave me a nice blueish/yellow needle.

Next year I'll have stuff for trades.

Tagger
02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Numby gave me 2 nice needles ,,1 thin danny and a big old school paint job Conrad .. I might have got score of the day .. a VB signed needle ..

johnny ducketts
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
I got a sweet darter from Rockfish9.

It was my first Ho.

Nebe
02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Indians used to give gold nuggets to each other as gifts until Whitey taught them that they were worth money. :hihi:

HOCKEYCOACH
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Very nice young lady and knowledgable too. Bought a couple of kits, starting small. Oh yea and Happy Birthday. Will be up for the opening.

ProfessorM
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Felicia made out way better than I. I even owe her one. Hopefully I won't die from this plague I have right now. I wore out my voice yesterday and woke this morning feeling like I got hit by a bus. Glad it waited a day as I knew it was coming. I also didn't get to ho the guy with the most plugs, Rockfish. Just never got the time to persuade him. Joe maybe we can do a trade by mail.

eastendlu
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
I did a little trading and a little ho'ing.:banano:

eastendlu
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I finally got the chance to give her a plug for a blank she rapped for me.Happy Birthday!!

good2hook
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM
i'll post a pic later, but my wife and son cleaned house... i did manage to get a kit from tagger(thanks eddie)... i layed some ground work with charleston for some serious plug swapping in jersey:tooth:... i think, good to see you again Bill.
Nice meeting new guys, and putting faces to the names. Nice seeing some of the cutty crew, The Dad Fisherman, Ross, JohnR, Thanks Slipknot, from Jenna......my favorite part was the air brush demo. got some great tips from Larry. (in case you were wondering i was the lovely assistant that held the plug in place while you applied the tulle), hey he said it not me. Larry someone told me to hold out for a plug from you for helping:hee: I'm definitely entering next years First year plug builder category, feet into the fire as vic was saying. got alot of great info... had a blast. Thanks for the invite MikeCC. you're about as good as they get. and a great family to boot. The wife said it best as we were leaving, What a great bunch of guys!!!!!

BBJake, i forgot the kilz at home,:wall:... i can swing it by if you'd like. sorry about that.

ProfessorM
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Lu you get those squids, Norris?, from CS or PNG, If so i am going to have to hit him up.

eastendlu
02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
The art of the ho my friend.:tooth:

Charleston
02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
What does "ho'in" mean? :wave:

Woodbuster
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Prof M-
One of the nicest creations there was that vice you made!!!!:claps:
:btu:

Finatic
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Prof M-
One of the nicest creations there was that vice you made!!!!:claps:
:btu:

I'll second that!! Fine work.:kewl:

Finatic
02-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I am a student of Charleston, and, I think I may be learning well.:fishin:

The Dad Fisherman
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I got a few 1sts...1st Felicia Plug, 1st Orlando Plug and 1st Numbskull plug.

Traded with Scotty's son......toughest trade of the day....the kid's got Ice water in his veins.

Got a sweet BBJ pencil in yella that should slay out at PI

Got a sweet needle from Crash that's got Joppa written all over it.

Rockfish9
02-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Felicia made out way better than I. I even owe her one. Hopefully I won't die from this plague I have right now. I wore out my voice yesterday and woke this morning feeling like I got hit by a bus. Glad it waited a day as I knew it was coming. I also didn't get to ho the guy with the most plugs, Rockfish. Just never got the time to persuade him. Joe maybe we can do a trade by mail.

Absolutly, I realy wanted to spend a little more time with you and Gearge, didnt happen, I too wore out my voice... Absolutly.. pick your poison, actualy alot of what I made for the 'fest, couldnt fitin my storage box!.... I'll be making some new stuff and paint with my new iwata that the boss lady gave me for my birthday...

Charleston
02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
I am a student of Charleston, and, I think I may be learning well.:fishin:

Do I get a commission?

Slipknot
02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
I got a bunch, I'll try to post a picture later
I tried to make a deal with you for that one plug but you only wanted cash, I forgot you only fish your own plugs so you wouldn't need any slip plugs.

BigFish
02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Bruce...thought you were pulling my leg! I have a few Slip plugs....got a sweet signed Pikie that is one of my favs! What did you want to swap?

AT Grimaldi
02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
KC has taken ATG Jr under his wing and was quite successful on the Ho'age front. He ho'd a bunch of bonito jigs for wood.

My 5 year old actually refused to trade with adults and only wanted to trade with kids. Thanks to KC, Austin and Sean for watching him on the Ice and taking him around. He had a blast!!!!!

Finatic
02-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Do I get a commission?

Check's in the mail.......:lama:
:sspam:

BillM
02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey ATG - Nice plugs! I'm just learning the names of all these things, whats a bonito jig??

Flaptail
02-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Here is what I came back with that I didn't have when I got to PF 08'.
THANKS ALL WHO GENEROUSLY GAVE THEM TO ME!!!!!!!!
They have all been tested already in Saltwater as me and Numbskull and Cordts got together yesterday in Quisset Harbor and took them for a ride on the end of a fishing rod.

Slipknot
02-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I came away with a good bunch of fishing plugs :D:jump:

Thanks to all who gave and traded

check out that jointed :humpty::fishin:

Flaptail
02-19-2008, 05:05 AM
I came away with a good bunch of fishing plugs :D:jump:

Thanks to all who gave and traded

check out that jointed :humpty::fishin:

How do you jig plugs? hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Aqua-man
02-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Bill M, I'm getting out of work at 7:00. I'll try to take some pics of the bonito jigs......I have a bunch of them, 5 of the plugs in ATG's picture were mine. ATG my kids couldn't stop talking about trading with yours. Can't wait til next year.

Tom

Rockfish9
02-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Finaly got the shop back in order and took pictures of my "take" thanks to all who traded with me... I dont know if I have the heart to fish them, seeing as I only have one from each of you, I'd be heartbroken if they were lost...

eastendlu
02-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Joe fish mine please and let me know what you think.If you need some for hanging i'll make you some pretty ones and if you need more for fishing i'll make you some.Thats why i'm trying to fish all the plugs i get from you guys if i lose any i know the builder and will humbly ask for another.

Rockfish9
02-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Joe fish mine please and let me know what you think.If you need some for hanging i'll make you some pretty ones and if you need more for fishing i'll make you some.Thats why i'm trying to fish all the plugs i get from you guys if i lose any i know the builder and will humbly ask for another.

OK, LU, I hear ya, I build mine to be fished as well.... I stay away from the 'gators, so the chances are good, I can retire it when she's battle hardened...

eastendlu
02-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Feed em to the gators they are the best epoxy testers i know.:bl:

Rockfish9
02-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Feed em to the gators they are the best epoxy testers i know.:bl:

Nope, I cant do that,A mans got to know his limitations, I'd rather stick a 9/0 VMC in my eye than catch Booofish!.... I dont care how hard the wind blows, the tide runs or how hard it rains, if there are fish to be had, I'll stand fast... those chomping ************* show up... I head for stripier pastures or the barn!

Dr.fish
02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
ProfM...so THAT'S why I feel like Crap since Sat night:realmad::cens::fury:...only kidding. Ya by the time I got home on Sat...no voice...(why couldn't that happen to my wife:huh:):tooth:(I might look like this if I said that to her...:rotflmao:) then the rest of the symptoms hit by Sat night.
Next time...WOOD ON THE FLY...1/2 hour after I arrive...pick up AWC and/or Cypress....first come first serve...after that it's my turn to schmooze, BS and HO HO HO!!!

Dr.fish
02-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I know that the "coastal gators" get a bad rap, but the West coast guys really love 'em. Real aggressive and usually very willing to hit. Pound for pound they'd pull a striper backward in a tail to tail competition. Sure does make for a good day when the bass are not cooperating...rock...glad to hear you're heading to the barn when they appear. I'll take your spot and hook on those mistake or beat up plugs, remove all trebles and squash the barbs on all siwash etc and have a ball catching and releasing 'till the arms get sore. Might even keep one for the smoker..great with salsa on crackers...or bluefish pate (Oops here comes the Old Milwaukee beer can):btu:

ProfessorM
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Sorry. I hope I did not infect anyone else.:sick:

eastendlu
02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I was infected big time!!!

By your craftsmanship!!!!:hidin:

Charleston
02-19-2008, 02:49 PM
You do an awesome job Prof. I'm feeling it!

Goose
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
You guys are crazy good

ProfessorM
02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Aw schucks Lu. You are good for my ego.:blush::blush:

fumifish
02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Indians used to give gold nuggets to each other as gifts until Whitey taught them that they were worth money. :hihi:

lol