View Full Version : SouthEastern CT

Blanchbo1
10-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Fish are still out there in force near Sandy Point and the Nap. Strong winds has them slightly scattered around but a good top water or upperman seems to get them out of their hiding places. Thames River in New London has been fantastic at night for blues and stripers. Big fish but at a cost...Blues are ripping up the live eels at a fast rate. No such luck to re use an eel after a 15-18 lb blue rips into it. Black Fishing has been good by Latimer Reef with green crabs...Lot of fish with quite a few keepers mixed in...

MountainBreeze
10-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Blanchbo1,

Are these shore spots?

Rob

Blanchbo1
10-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Except for Napatree Point (which is a long walk), these other spots are only reachable by boat. Canoe or kayak is certianly a viable option for Sandy Point and surrounding areas. Latimer Reef gets pretty choppy at times and a stout vessel is a must. Good fishing!!!!!!!!!

Thames River has some shore spots along the eastern bank in Gales Ferry. Fish near the train tracks off of Route 12 but bring a good casting pole to make it to the channel. I don't fish from shore but I know people have been getting fish on the surface and also by chunking bunker or squid. I was able to net some peanut bunker with a friend of mine the other day and we tried for some stripers on the live bait. Believe it or not, we caught a bunch of scup on the 3-4 inch bunker. I couldn't believe it.