View Full Version : ski/snowboard tuning gear

plankton
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I know there's some skiers and riders on this site, so here's everything you need to keep your boards running right, and with lift tickets selling for $60+ it's a good idea to save money where you can ... by tuning your own stuff at home!

I have a Ski Man vise that will hold a pair of skis or a snowboard, it is heavy duty but also portable; comes with tip and tail rests; adapters to hold snowboards, fat skis, skis with curved sidewalls(I have not found anything that this vise won't hold); it's got a little bit of wax on it here and there but is in perfect shape otherwise; $50 plus shipping - paypal or USPS money order.

I also have a collection of tuning supplies that has everything you need to keep your boards sharpened and waxed: a Bakoda waxing iron with box and instructions; 2 60g packages of Swix CH6 wax(10-21F); 2 60g packages of Swix CH8 wax(25-34F); a brass brush and a nylon brush(for cleaning out base structure after scraping wax); a good quality plastic wax scraper, a roll of fiberlene(for wiping and cleaning base); a Ski Visions Ski Sharp edge sharpening tool that comes with 3 different types of file inserts, sharpening stone inserts, polishing inserts, and instructions - this is the best edge sharpening system I have used, you can adjust the bevel of both the side and base edges from 0-3 degrees - it is in good shape, the stone inserts probably need to be re-lapped(shows how in the instructions); and finally I've included a little manual put out by Swix which covers how to use all this stuff if you're new to tuning, and if you have any further questions I'll be glad to help! $50 plus shipping - paypal or USPS money order.

teleman
02-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Plankton, will they hold tely skis, clamp onto a swix or toko portable bench. Does the iron have temp. settings or does it come on full blast. How old is the iron?. Finally, would you be willing to do a trade, I have some new Maui jim sunglasses. Retail $200.00

plankton
02-25-2008, 03:21 PM
teleman, the vise should hold tele skis without any problem and it will attach to any table/bench up to 2.25" thick using screw clamps. The iron does not have temp settings but the temperature it is preset to is perfect (does not smoke the wax) it is quite new, I think I've only used it a few times. Sorry, but I'm not interested in any trades, need money.

teleman
02-26-2008, 07:56 AM
$80.00 for everything

plankton
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
$80 plus shipping and we have a deal, PM me your info and how you would like to pay.